Windows 10: I lost connection to the internet after creators update

Discus and support I lost connection to the internet after creators update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After all updates and everything seems ok ........problem is I can't connect to internet and I don't know how to fixe it. Anybody with same problem?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by vicf1, Apr 12, 2017.

1. vicf1 Win User

I lost connection to the internet after creators update

After all updates and everything seems ok ........problem is I can't connect to internet and I don't know how to fixe it.
    Anybody with same problem? or could somebody help, please?

:)

vicf1, Apr 12, 2017

2. Win 10 hangs on restart and shutdown

After a while , local network connections are lost and restart hangs (creator update)

דודאביעד, Apr 12, 2017
  3. open58 Win User
    conneting to internet

i can not connect to the internet after installing creators update?

open58, Apr 12, 2017
  4. I lost connection to the internet after creators update

Hi Vicf1

I would power down router, wait twenty seconds then restart.

On machine I would run Network Reset, click on Start => Settings => Network and Internet

Scroll down right hand page. At bottom network reset.

Restart machine. If you don't get connected open device manager and confirm your wireless or wired Nic is properly identified and drivers loaded.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 13, 2017
  5. JKW3 Win User
    Hi, Vicf1,

I think I'm in the same position as you, if I understand what you wrote correctly. My laptop applied the latest Windows 10 update yesterday (April 13th) and then rebooted, and suddenly I had no wireless network connection -- everything was fine before the restart, and afterwards, nothing. Turning airplane mode on & off had no effect. If I hover over the tray icon, it says "wireless connection is turned off".

Looking at Network Settings, I have no Wi-Fi section any more. Looking at Device Manager, I have no wireless network adapter listed any more. I tried rolling back to the pre-April 13th restore point, and the rollback failed.

Ant help on this would be much appreciated.

6. yuljk Win User
    I've been involved with a couple of threads over at the Microsoft Community forums. The common link here seems to be an issue with Broadcom 440x 10/100 wired ethernet adapters which also seems to affect a wide range of different wireless adapters.

Update is successful, however neither the wireless or wired adapters work (device manager shows as working an enabled)

Take a look at the following threads to see if it applies.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...2-09582a6d429c

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...5-9bff48dcd3c4

So far the only workaround is to disable the LAN in the BIOS before performing the CU, which should allow your wireless adapter to work. People who have enabled it afterwards show the same problem occurring or hard locking the machine.

Hopefully Microsoft can identify this and get a fix released

yuljk, Apr 13, 2017
  7. JKW3 Win User
    Hi,

Thanks for responding. I have indeed got a Broadcom wireless adapter (Dell Wireless 1704) but a Realtek wired adapter. I dug out a long cable and used it to connect the laptop, and after working with it for a couple of hours the wireless stuff suddenly came back to life. The wireless adapter reappeared in the Device Manager list, the Wi-Fi section reappeared on Network Settings, and when I unplugged the cable it reconnected automatically and all was well. It looks as if some part of the update cleverly disabled the wireless adapter and was then unable to complete updating things until I reconnected via cable.

Something similar happened a couple of weeks ago... another update, another reboot... this time it was the mains charger that was affected. The laptop was plugged in but showed it was running on battery; when I unplugged and plugged in again it briefly went to mains, and then back to battery. I swapped the adapter with someone else's -- mine worked fine on his machine, his behaved the same way as mine on my machine -- so I started backing up frantically before the battery died. A couple of hours later, it suddenly started working normally. I still have no idea what happened.

If this goes on I'll probably feel safer disabling auto-updates.

8. vicf1 Win User

I will try it if it happens again. I ended by reinstalling windows without updates because I couldn't rollback and I'm staying with 14393.1066 build

vicf1, Apr 16, 2017
  9. Makes sense. I would note what drivers your network adapter is using under 14393. At some point you will move forward and it would be nice to have this information in your back pocket.

Caledon Ken, Apr 17, 2017
  10. lmeilack Win User
    I've just installed the creators upgrade (several attempts) on a Dell Inspiron 1720 Laptop and found that I had no Internet connection, wired or wireless, after the upgrade. It looks like there's a conflict with the network adaptor. I've had to disable the LAN via the BIOS. When I restarted the Laptop I found that I could now connect using wireless. I'd much rather use the ethernet connection but it looks as though I'll need a fix from Microsoft to resolve that.

lmeilack, Apr 19, 2017
  11. You might also try and older driver just to see if it is the way the new driver is being handled on device.

Another item that helps reset things, especially in laptops, remove the power cord from wall, the battery from machine and press power on for 20 seconds. Reassemble.

Caledon Ken, Apr 20, 2017
  12. lmeilack Win User
    Everything was shown as OK in Device Manager, including the driver. I tried all sorts including removing and reinstalling the network adaptor. As it happens, I'm familiar with removing the battery on a Laptop to ensure that all is cleared that and that's one of the many things that I tried. Looking around on the Internet it would appear that I'm not alone with this issue.

lmeilack, Apr 20, 2017
  13. me75006 Win User

me75006, Apr 20, 2017
  14. open a command prompt with elevated rights (administrator) run the following command

netsh winsock reset

I lost connection to the internet after creators update [​IMG]

reboot, tell me if this helped.

PeterFragon, Apr 21, 2017
  15. Thanks, it's OK!

Hugo Chang, Apr 29, 2017
Thema:

1. I lost connection to the internet after creators update - Similar Threads - lost connection internet

2. internet connection lost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    internet connection lost: hi allMy internet is disconnected every few minutes for an unknown reason and it shows limited access, no matter what I did, it doesn't work, I even changed the wireless chip, it didn't work, can anyone help me, what should I do?...
  3. Lost internet connection after recent update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost internet connection after recent update: I was able to get back internet connection after I rolled back. Please address this. Previously I was able to roll back to fix the problem of blank screen of my acer aspire 5 laptop. But the update process eventually put back the bad changes, now I have to use ubuntu if I...
  4. Lost internet connection after recent update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost internet connection after recent update: I was able to get back internet connection after I rolled back. Please address this. Previously I was able to roll back to fix the problem of blank screen of my acer aspire 5 laptop. But the update process eventually put back the bad changes, now I have to use ubuntu if I...
  5. lost internet connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    lost internet connection: I stupidly agree to Microsoft to sync my computers...… since then, my laptop is ok but somehow, my other computer, which is directy plugged to the internet does not have access to the internet...my desktop picture got transferred to my other computer?????? now I cannot...
  6. Lost internet connectivity

Lost internet connectivity: Sudenly my Surface Pro 4 Windows 10 version 1803 lost internet connectivity. I got a strong WiFi signal but no Internet . Wi-Fi and internet are working properly with another devices. Running the troubleshooter I got a message: " security or firewall settings might be...
  7. Internet connection lost

Internet connection lost: On Friday, there was an update by Windows 10 and immediately afterwards I lost my internet connection. I contacted the chat help and the lady there had me try a couple of things which did not help including reversing the update. i contacted my service provider and they could...
  8. Creators Update killed my internet connection ?

Creators Update killed my internet connection ?: After the Windows 10 32 bit automatic Fall Creators Update install....this PC running Win 10 32 bit lost all internet service/connections - trouble shooter said windows pci wifi card was not operationg. Tried everything I could think of...even ordered a new pci network...
  9. Can't connect to internet after installing Creators Update

Can't connect to internet after installing Creators Update: It took about 3 hrs in install. After PC restarted it showed error message indicating cable wasn't connected (which it was) Could NOT uninstall network adapter drivers. Tried to restart with firewall off. Do I have to uninstall anti-virus program for this...
  10. Lost administrator rights after update creator

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lost administrator rights after update creator: I am not happy with the creators update. I have a local administrator account and now all in a sudden my administrator rights are fully curbed. I had to install a built in second administrator account to have them back. This is very annoying. Once this build in account...