Windows 10: i lost huge chunk of memory on disk C

Discus and support i lost huge chunk of memory on disk C in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I tried to execute copying a recent ISO file from macrium to dvd rw disc..and somehow lost a lot of memory on C..what happened? and now trying to find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Pathfinder, Oct 28, 2016.

1. i lost huge chunk of memory on disk C

I tried to execute copying a recent ISO file from macrium to dvd rw disc..and somehow lost a lot of memory on C..what happened? and now trying to find cause on own but cant.. I need that back.*Shock

i lost huge chunk of memory on disk C [​IMG]

:)

Pathfinder, Oct 28, 2016

2. NOkia E63 All Software Problems listed, Ignored by CUstomer CAre to reply.

Nokia E63 has a name sake encryption and decryption. Once you encrypt and decrypt it is difficult to find any of your old saved files. Paradox is that the memory status will show a huge quantity of used space. But GOD only knows where the files are. Nokia
    support centres have no answer for this problem. I lost a large chunk of my pics n files. Shame of Nokia.

kannan---01, Oct 28, 2016
  3. Feature Request :: Breakup of others storage

Hi Team,

I am aware of what is Others in storage mean. However I was wondering If you can provide a breakdown of what is using such a huge chunk of memory. For phones which are just 8GB , others using 2- 3 GB is huge considering Operating system also uses a good
    amount of system memory.

Wish: It will be nice to provide a breakup of others storage when user tap on others storage listing under Phone Storage >> Phone >> Other

sangeethkrishna, Oct 28, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

i lost huge chunk of memory on disk C

Hi, to find where your space has gone you could try a program called Windirstat which helps to visually identify how your disk space is used both as a tree and a cushion map. But you seem to have plenty of space on C:.

Others suggest a program called Treesize.
    More here:
    Best Free Disk Space Analyzer | Gizmo's Freeware
    The 10 Best Free Tools to Analyze Hard Drive Space on Your Windows PC

Sorting by date may also help.

I assume by
    you mean you burnt the ISO to the disk... copying it - i.e. writing it as a data file will not make a bootable disk from the iso if that's what you were trying to do.

If you were trying to create Macrium's boot disk, run Macrium and select the appropriate option.

dalchina, Oct 28, 2016
  5. looking at treesize free..i don't know which file can be deleted to get back lost memory..
    maybe something in this section? if I could find lost memory.. memory went down right after tried to burn that iso file..i think I made a boo-boo somewhere

ok strike that...I ran wise disk cleaner as I normally do everyday, and it found over 15GB of junk..and now memory has been reclaimed! that was scary..i hate to lose memory

Pathfinder, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

i lost huge chunk of memory on disk C

1. i lost huge chunk of memory on disk C - Similar Threads - lost huge chunk

2. Huge Disk Space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Huge Disk Space: I had a problem about my disk space and I decided to look which file is taking a huge place293GB, although I don't have so many programs on my pc.Then I saw a file which was named ,C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\ClickToRun\ProductReleases\AF99D195-6556-4A34-8A4B-17FADA230DEEand I...
  3. Huge Disk Space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Huge Disk Space: I had a problem about my disk space and I decided to look which file is taking a huge place293GB, although I don't have so many programs on my pc.Then I saw a file which was named ,C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\ClickToRun\ProductReleases\AF99D195-6556-4A34-8A4B-17FADA230DEEand I...
  4. Huge Disk Space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. ~200 GB Unknown chunk on my C drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ~200 GB Unknown chunk on my C drive.: Hi! I got this huge nothing on my SSD. What it could be? Baybe the uninstalled Android subsystem's left trash? Any solution except "format c:" ?Ty https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/200-gb-unknown-chunk-on-my-c-drive/b9a8affe-5e96-4975-b4f6-de83f32810df
  6. ~200 GB Unknown chunk on my C drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ~200 GB Unknown chunk on my C drive.: Hi! I got this huge nothing on my SSD. What it could be? Baybe the uninstalled Android subsystem's left trash? Any solution except "format c:" ?Ty https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/200-gb-unknown-chunk-on-my-c-drive/b9a8affe-5e96-4975-b4f6-de83f32810df
  7. Writing a huge file from memory to network share C++

Writing a huge file from memory to network share C++: When I try to write a huge file 40 GB from memory to a network share I can only achieve a transfer rate of 350 MB/s. But if I copy a file from the system to the same network share Windows copies with a transfer rate of more than 1GB/s. 10Gbit network I tried WriteFile,...
  8. Mystery files hogging a huge chunk of my drive space?

Mystery files hogging a huge chunk of my drive space?: Hi all, I recently ordered a custom gaming PC. Received it and all, but I realized that a giant portion of my SSD was already in use by files I can't find. Image below is taken from WinDirStat. Everything in PF x86 is from programs downloaded after receiving. Everything in...
  9. I LOST Windows.old folder from local disk c

I LOST Windows.old folder from local disk c: I upgraded from win 7 to win 10 pro(commercial) then files of win 7 were in a folder created in local disk c named Windows.old now i'm unable to find the folder, also I'm not able to recover it normally/with data recovery softwares (I downloaded dozens of 'em) please...
  10. "Lost" memory on C drive after update

in Windows 10 Support
    "Lost" memory on C drive after update: Few days ago I updated my Windows 10 to 17723_r5 (Fast Ring). I know that it's alpha/beta update, but this "bug" doesn't seems to be related to test software being installed. Device I use W10 is tablet with 32 GB memory chip. C drive has little over 28 GB. As i use SD card...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows disk huge chunk missing