Windows 10: I lost windows and need a way to recover it.

Discus and support I lost windows and need a way to recover it. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So for a year, I had a new computer, which came with windows 10. And I used it normally, allowed upgrades, and didn't install weird and unknown... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ubedavid, Jul 26, 2018.

1. Ubedavid Win User

I lost windows and need a way to recover it.

So for a year, I had a new computer, which came with windows 10. And I used it normally, allowed upgrades, and didn't install weird and unknown programs.

Still, one day, the computer started updating, like it sometimes does. But suddenly, in the middle of the upgrade, the computer froze, a loud and disturbing "bzrrrt" was heard for less than half a second, and the computer turned itself off. When I turned it on again, it froze when trying to load windows. One time after another, it just couldn't load windows. I tried everything, but safe mode was useless, and restore system couldn't find the restore points.
    I even tried formatting the computer, but halfway through the process, a message of error appeared and the formatting was canceled.
    After trying one time after another, in different weeks, I ended up out of options. Nothing worked. But the computer had barely a year and I couldn't just give up on it. The only solution was erasing the hard disc with the command prompt (cmd.exe, one of the few options I had available). So I did so. And that way I lost windows and everything, but the computer survived. It was time to make it work again. But I had no idea how to get windows again, so, to get it to work again, I had to install Ubuntu, which is easy and free to get. But it's complex to use, and compatibility issues are everywhere.
    I used to log in my computer using my Microsoft account, so I figured I could somehow login again and install windows. But I don't see how.

What can I do? Is there a way to recover Windows or get it back from my Microsoft account (since it's the same computer)? Or have I lost it for good?

Thank you for your patience

:)

Ubedavid, Jul 26, 2018
  2. figgirigh Win User

How to recover the lost messages?

1. Re-create your mail folder hierarchy by dragging folders into place in the Folder list. Note that any folder you have created to group sub-folders but that does not itself contain messages will not appear in the Folder list and so must be created again.
    2. Re-download the list of newsgroups from each news account.
    3. Reset your subscribed newsgroups and download messages again.
    4. Reset synchronization options on IMAP and newsgroup folders.
    5. Edit any message rule that moves or copies messages to folders other than the Inbox.
    These are the steps from which you can get the lost information back. And if your information not recovered again then it might be severe problem .In this case you have to go for recovery software to get your dbx files data back. I can refer you a link which can surely help you to get your lost data back. Try
    http://itknowledgeexchange.techtarge...tlook-express/

figgirigh, Jul 26, 2018
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Lost folders on Update

Hi,

There are ways to recover some missing files on Windows 10. For us to help you recover them, we'd like to ask a few things. Kindly answer the following:

• Are you using an Administator account to search for the missing folders/files?
    • Are you able to find the missing files/folders using Search?
    • What specific files/folders are missing?

Meanwhile, as an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you check this
    article
    and follow the troubleshooting steps given.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Jul 26, 2018
  4. Bo$$ Win User

Can data be recovered from a Formatted SD Flash Card?

read, he has lost his flash card with sensitive info on it

Thema:

1. I lost windows and need a way to recover it. - Similar Threads - lost need recover

2. I lost hundreds of tabs in Edge after resetting Windows, any way to recover?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I lost hundreds of tabs in Edge after resetting Windows, any way to recover?: My PC had a strange error that didn't allow me to restore or start windows in safe mode, so I had to reset choosing the option to keep my files but Edge and everything on it was completely wiped.I had the "Tab Session Manager which saves the entire session in files separate...
  3. I lost hundreds of tabs in Edge after resetting Windows, any way to recover?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I lost hundreds of tabs in Edge after resetting Windows, any way to recover?: My PC had a strange error that didn't allow me to restore or start windows in safe mode, so I had to reset choosing the option to keep my files but Edge and everything on it was completely wiped.I had the "Tab Session Manager which saves the entire session in files separate...
  4. All pictures and videos are lost or deleted.Any way to recover?

All pictures and videos are lost or deleted.Any way to recover?: All my pictures are gone from one drive on my cell phone when updating my new card. When opening one drive it mentioned that my account was frozen until 24 hours. When I reopened it after 24 hours all my pictures are gone is there any way I can recover all the pictures and...
  5. All pictures and videos are lost or deleted.Any way to recover?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All pictures and videos are lost or deleted.Any way to recover?: All my pictures are gone from one drive on my cell phone when updating my new card. When opening one drive it mentioned that my account was frozen until 24 hours. When I reopened it after 24 hours all my pictures are gone is there any way I can recover all the pictures and...
  6. All pictures and videos are lost or deleted.Any way to recover?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Recovering lost Email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovering lost Email: My Elderly Grandfather has lost an email he has been working on all week, it was of great importance to him, we have searched everywhere on the emails, deleted items, Junk, etc. The email version is Windows Live Mail 2012, is there any way of finding this email? it was once...
  8. Any way to recover a permanently lost folder in OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Any way to recover a permanently lost folder in OneDrive?: I mistakenly deleted a folder from my OneDrive. By the time I noticed the folder was missing 30 days had passed so it was also gone from my OneDrive recycle bin. Is there any possibility of recovering the folder, or is it just lost forever? I appreciate any advice you can...
  9. Lost data wordpad, any way to recover it?

Lost data wordpad, any way to recover it?: I never use wordpad, but recently recieved an email response with a wordpad doc attatched. I wanted to respond to a number of points in this doc, so I decided to start writing within the doc I had opened at the top of the conversation, instead of writing in a new one. I...
  10. Accidentaly lost Windows.old folder. Any way to recover?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Accidentaly lost Windows.old folder. Any way to recover?: So today I performed a system file cleanup on my Local Disk (C*Smile and it permanently deleted my Windows.old folder. It contained VERY important files to me. I tried doing everything to recover it. I used EaseUS it didn't find it. I tried creating it again and looking at...