Windows 10: I marked my disk where my operating system is found a s mark as partition disk, now I can't...

Discus and support I marked my disk where my operating system is found a s mark as partition disk, now I can't... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I marked my disk where my operating system is found a s mark as partition disk, now I can't boot my pc is telling operating system not found... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Francis M Bassey, Dec 1, 2023.

1. I marked my disk where my operating system is found a s mark as partition disk, now I can't...

I marked my disk where my operating system is found a s mark as partition disk, now I can't boot my pc is telling operating system not found

:)

Francis M Bassey, Dec 1, 2023
  2. Burgh6 Win User

Marked the wrong partition as active

This thread is a bit old but in case anyone comes across it like I did trying to fix a disk or partition incorrectly marked Active, here is how to mark it Inactive:

Open the Command Prompt
    Type DISKPART (A new window will open)
    Type LIST DISK at the prompt and a list of disks will be displayed numbered starting at 0
    Type SELECT Disk # and replace the # with the appropriate disk from the list
    Type LIST PARTITION and a list of partitions for the selected disk will be displayed
    Type SELECT Partition # and replace the# with the appropriate partition form the list
    Type INACTIVE
    Either close the two windows or Type EXIT in both to close them.

Burgh6, Dec 1, 2023
  3. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue I marked my disk where my operating system is found a s mark as partition disk, now I can't... :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Dec 1, 2023
  4. I marked my disk where my operating system is found a s mark as partition disk, now I can't...

Why is Mark Partition Active greyed out in Disk Management?

Hi Seahawk. Ive been informed that the Mark Partition as Active option is greyed out in Disk Management
    because my laptop is UEFI boot. So im guessing that there is no need to mark any of my USB flash drives as Active.

You say that you should always set drives as Active. Is that because you are using Legacy BIOS boot?

Sportsfan_881, Dec 1, 2023
Thema:

I marked my disk where my operating system is found a s mark as partition disk, now I can't...

1. I marked my disk where my operating system is found a s mark as partition disk, now I can't... - Similar Threads - marked disk where

2. I marked my disk where my operating system is found a s mark as partition disk, now I can't...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I marked my disk where my operating system is found a s mark as partition disk, now I can't...: I marked my disk where my operating system is found a s mark as partition disk, now I can't boot my pc is telling operating system not found https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-marked-my-disk-where-my-operating-system-is/71a9381b-09b1-4ec1-8f72-aeac49ac52e6
  3. I marked my disk where my operating system is found a s mark as partition disk, now I can't...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I marked my disk where my operating system is found a s mark as partition disk, now I can't...: I marked my disk where my operating system is found a s mark as partition disk, now I can't boot my pc is telling operating system not found https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-marked-my-disk-where-my-operating-system-is/71a9381b-09b1-4ec1-8f72-aeac49ac52e6
  4. My D:\ disk has a blue question mark on it and i can't open it at all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My D:\ disk has a blue question mark on it and i can't open it at all: So i tried to do CHKDSK but it shows me a message like"Access Denied as you do not have sufficient privileges or the disk may be locked by another process. You have to invoke this utility running in elevated mode and make sure the disk is unlocked."there are files i wouldn't...
  5. My D:\ disk has a blue question mark on it and i can't open it at all

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My D:\ disk has a blue question mark on it and i can't open it at all: So i tried to do CHKDSK but it shows me a message like"Access Denied as you do not have sufficient privileges or the disk may be locked by another process. You have to invoke this utility running in elevated mode and make sure the disk is unlocked."there are files i wouldn't...
  6. My D:\ disk has a blue question mark on it and i can't open it at all

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. i can't delete secondary drive which is marked "System" on disk management and it doesn't...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i can't delete secondary drive which is marked "System" on disk management and it doesn't...: i can't delete secondary drive which is marked "System" on disk management and it doesn't have any system files on it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-delete-secondary-drive-which-is-marked/7aa96f3a-c3a9-4a04-a8fc-661f9c469ea1
  8. My Entire Disks has red X marks on it. WHY? X mark on Local Disk and External Drive.

My Entire Disks has red X marks on it. WHY? X mark on Local Disk and External Drive.: Hello! Can you help me with this? 10 July 2019 3 am I used my laptop and all runs normal no X mark on local disk. Then 10 am I used it again and this happen. Local Disk C:, D:, E:, all of it has its X red mark. Why? I've been googled, youtubed. I've done all the tips, like...
  9. Marking disk a dirty.

Marking disk a dirty.: I know that you can use Fsutil to mark a volume as dirty. This in turn has the autochk run on the selected volume. But I was wondering if there was a way to mark the whole drive for chkdsk during the next reboot. Oh, this has to be done via cmd and one line commands. We use a...
  10. Marking disk a dirty.

in Windows 10 Support
    Marking disk a dirty.: I know that you can use Fsutil to mark a volume as dirty. This in turn has the autochk run on the selected volume. But I was wondering if there was a way to mark the whole drive for chkdsk during the next reboot. Oh, this has to be done via cmd and one line commands. We use a...