Windows 10: i messed up i think

Discus and support i messed up i think in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; i did a thing in msconfig following what a guy on forums said and i accidentally disabled like a million processes on windows and now i cant log in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Toxifys, Feb 28, 2024.

1. Toxifys Win User

i messed up i think

i did a thing in msconfig following what a guy on forums said and i accidentally disabled like a million processes on windows and now i cant log in cause it says i need an app to do this

:)

Toxifys, Feb 28, 2024
  2. YOU
    You Win User

Thinking about Going back to Win8.1

If want to disable IE, still can. However, can't uninstall it like were able to in XP/98/whatever.
    Here's how, although I find it useful in case Chrome or Firefox stops working and have to re-download it. *Wink
    1. Search for turn windows features on or off and click it in the search results.
    • i messed up i think 37693d1485956976t-thinking-about-going-back-win8-1-a-step-1.png
    2. When the app opens, uncheck Internet Explorer 11.

• i messed up i think 37694d1485956976t-thinking-about-going-back-win8-1-a-step-2.png
    3. Click Yes on the warning dialog.
    • i messed up i think 37695d1485956976t-thinking-about-going-back-win8-1-a-step-3.png
    4. Click OK.
    • i messed up i think 37696d1485956976t-thinking-about-going-back-win8-1-a-step-4.png
    5. Restart for the changes to finish.

3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond i messed up i think :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Feb 28, 2024
  4. cdawall Win User

i messed up i think

Thinking of a AM3 setup

or you could get a good cooler like the xiggy Dk which is $25 AMIR now

cdawall, Feb 28, 2024
Thema:

i messed up i think

1. i messed up i think - Similar Threads - messed

2. Second Monitors colors are messed up after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second Monitors colors are messed up after Windows 10 update: My second monitor's colors are a messed up and there are lines showing after the new windows 10 update. I have a nvidia 1060 max q graphics card. Installing the newest drivers did not seems to help , tried the monitor on a different laptop it works fines . How can I fix this?...
  3. Second Monitors colors are messed up after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second Monitors colors are messed up after Windows 10 update: My second monitor's colors are a messed up and there are lines showing after the new windows 10 update. I have a nvidia 1060 max q graphics card. Installing the newest drivers did not seems to help , tried the monitor on a different laptop it works fines . How can I fix this?...
  4. Second Monitors colors are messed up after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. OneDrive has suddenly messed up every computer signed into my account

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneDrive has suddenly messed up every computer signed into my account: Over the past few days, OneDrive has moved ALL of my desktop items and mydocuments items to "online" including documents I did NOT want backed up online; I had previously set it to NOT sync any of these folders. Now every time I open Outlook, I get an error because the...
  6. OneDrive has suddenly messed up every computer signed into my account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive has suddenly messed up every computer signed into my account: Over the past few days, OneDrive has moved ALL of my desktop items and mydocuments items to "online" including documents I did NOT want backed up online; I had previously set it to NOT sync any of these folders. Now every time I open Outlook, I get an error because the...
  7. OneDrive has suddenly messed up every computer signed into my account

8. My Windows 11 software update within the last 15 minutes completely messed up my PIN. code...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows 11 software update within the last 15 minutes completely messed up my PIN. code...: I went through 2 Windows 11 software updates last night.after the last one, I clicked shut down.brought it up today and was doing stuff. i got to a breakpoint and saw I needed to install another set of updates. I did that and now it doesn't recognize the PIN that I've been...
  9. My Windows 11 software update within the last 15 minutes completely messed up my PIN. code...

My Windows 11 software update within the last 15 minutes completely messed up my PIN. code...: I went through 2 Windows 11 software updates last night.after the last one, I clicked shut down.brought it up today and was doing stuff. i got to a breakpoint and saw I needed to install another set of updates. I did that and now it doesn't recognize the PIN that I've been...
  10. 2 HID keyboard devices messing up my keyboard.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 HID keyboard devices messing up my keyboard.: For a while now, I've noticed 2 HID keyboard devices showing up in my settings which make my keyboard press random keys by itself and hold them when im not even touching the keyboard. when i remove them, after shutdown, restart, sleep ect they both come back. any way to fix...