Windows 10: I need a DVD player

Discus and support I need a DVD player in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, can anyone recommend a DVD player I can use, I have VLC Media Player, but it is not working very well. 30760 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Barry, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Barry Win User

I need a DVD player

Hello, can anyone recommend a DVD player I can use, I have VLC Media Player, but it is not working very well.

:)

Barry, Nov 19, 2015
  2. ses12345 Win User

unable to play DVD's in Windows media player

I have Windows Media player but am unable to play DVD's with it. Will purchasing the Windows DVD player solve my problem or do I need a different solution?

Changing the title

Old title – DVD Player

New title- unable to play DVD's in Windows media player

ses12345, Nov 19, 2015
  3. RGrottke Win User
    Windows 10 DVD Player desktop icon?

Did not know you needed to buy a dvd player app from Microsoft for Windows 10...so I did. Downloaded it and now my dvds will play. However there is no icon on my desktop. I just insert the dvd into drive and dvd player starts. Is there a way to put the
    DVD Player icon on desktop. And the program does not show up as a program. So if I have a problem with my computer and needed to reload programs, how do I get the DVD Player program without having to buy it again?

Thank you for any assistance.

RGrottke, Nov 19, 2015
  4. I need a DVD player

Have you looked in your apps
    Windows Media Player is there
    If you cant find it then you can download it
    I use it most of the time

hTconeM9user, Nov 19, 2015
  5. Edwin New Member
    Home · MPC-HC

Edwin, Nov 19, 2015
  6. Barry Win User
    OK thanks, on looking I do have Windows Media Player installed.
    But I cannot find any way to put a DVD in the drive and have Windows Media Player to play it.
    There is no option to play with?
    How do you use it?

Barry, Nov 19, 2015
  7. Edwin New Member
    Windows Media Player will not support playing DVD's.
    You could look into Windows DVD Player App, but it costs.

I need a DVD player [​IMG]

Don't give up on the VLC Player yet or try the Media Player Classic-Home Cinema.

Edwin, Nov 19, 2015
  8. I need a DVD player

I put it in the drive then it should come up how do you want to play this dvd with apps listed or go to store.
    Or might come up Open with
    You might have to right click it.
    Been so long since I set mine up
    Scroll down and you should find Windows Media Player.
    Place a tick against it and it should work, at least on my laptop that is how I have it
    I have 2 other DVD players on my laptop
    Cyberlink Power DVD 15 paid version
    Toshiba own Media player

Yes forgot to say you have to pay for it

hTconeM9user, Nov 19, 2015
  9. edobson Win User
    Have you tried updating VLC Media Player to the lateset version?

edobson, Nov 19, 2015
  10. Barry Win User
    OK, many thanks this one works OK for me Home · MPC-HC
    Many thanks for the help.

Barry, Nov 19, 2015
  11. The VLC Media Player works perfect for me also.

stealth2920, Nov 19, 2015
  12. davidhk Win User
    Barry,
    1. Windows Media Player is part of the Windows 10 operating system. It does not need to be installed.
    2. You are right. WMP does Not play dvd anymore. Somehow Microsoft has taken that feature off from WMP.

You will have to find a 3rd party program suitable to your preference.
    I use VLC installed from the web and it works fine for me, but you said you don't like it.

davidhk, Nov 19, 2015
  13. I need a DVD player

VLC App or the actual VLC Player desktop program? The App IMHO sucks big time. I found it a PITA to use and quickly uninstalled it. Then installed the actual full VLC player.

alphanumeric, Nov 19, 2015
  14. I use the actual player. I don't use apps for anything.

stealth2920, Nov 19, 2015
  15. Ok, just wanted to make sure. The App is very limited in what you can do compared to the full program.

alphanumeric, Nov 19, 2015
Thema:

I need a DVD player

1. I need a DVD player - Similar Threads - need DVD player

2. DVD player.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DVD player.: Hey. Is the cost of this app one time or per month or per year? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-player/bb25bcdd-f3c3-4c1f-9dc7-5066dc654dfc
  3. I need a DVD player app for Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need a DVD player app for Windows 11: I need a DVD player for Windows 11. One of my DVDs wouldn't work on the eMedia player I had gotten with my PC,so I uninstalled it. Now I can't get it back without paying for it. I tried Any DVD from the store, but it won't automatically start when I put a DVD in, and I can't...
  4. I need a DVD player app for Windows 11

I need a DVD player app for Windows 11: I need a DVD player for Windows 11. One of my DVDs wouldn't work on the eMedia player I had gotten with my PC,so I uninstalled it. Now I can't get it back without paying for it. I tried Any DVD from the store, but it won't automatically start when I put a DVD in, and I can't...
  5. i need some help with a dvd player

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    i need some help with a dvd player: i found a dvd with all my baby pictures and such. everytime i try to open it, it crashes or it makes my screen freak out. why? submitted by /u/sem_burki [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jwcw84/i_need_some_help_with_a_dvd_player/
  6. DVD player

DVD player: When I buy the DVD player is it just one only pay thing or is it a kind of subscription and every I have to pay monthly? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-player/9a86037a-9c86-4a90-84f4-d3be880a1f93
  7. dvd player

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dvd player: Cannot play dvd after in 10 pro upgrade https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-player/edbf2a95-1b86-4274-ab27-1d9eda0fdadb
  8. DVD player

DVD player: I Need to re-load my DVD Player Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-player/d980d940-9734-439b-a6d5-83eef6ea49ae
  9. dvd player

in Windows 10 Customization
    dvd player: After purchasing a windows 10 laptop, I find I must purchase a separate dvd player. I have no problem with this, but how do I install it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-player/44b466f4-7452-4f61-8dba-f4e587d83014
  10. DVD player?

in Windows 10 Support
    DVD player?: Windows does not play video DVD. What is god software to replace it? 90945