Windows 10: I need a simple script to initiate whenever Word 2016 closes

Discus and support I need a simple script to initiate whenever Word 2016 closes in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Good morning guys, I want some help from you guys as you can tell from the title I need a simple .bat or any type of script that initiate my .reg... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Droyk, Sep 2, 2016.

1. Droyk Win User

I need a simple script to initiate whenever Word 2016 closes

Good morning guys,

I want some help from you guys as you can tell from the title I need a simple .bat or any type of script that initiate my .reg
    file on my desktop when my Microsoft word 2016 closes

and this should happen without any dialogues boxes simply means I don't want any interruptions from any dialogues boxes asking for user permission it should happen silently.

Thanx guys for reading my request *Smile

:)

Droyk, Sep 2, 2016

2. I need a simple plain word fix for Start Menu & Cortana fix I guess you can't download fixes to users who may possibly be quite different

Folks..The only thread I know is what you sew with. I am not a geek! I am wise enough to know that all of the Win10 users are doing Microsoft's debugging for them. What the hell has happened to MS? This once proud company has stooped so low that I a former
    XP user who never had any problems is now realizing that MS does not give a tinkers damn about any users of their products anymore. I hated Win 8 and now it seems that Win 10 has gone to hell in a hand basket. Maybe we need a Congressional Committee to look
    into MS practices. It sure made General Motors take notice. The frustration I feel is immense. GM can't sell defective cars....why should MS be allowed to sell defective software? Did GM ask the car buyers to fix their cars? Folks...wake up...MS got their
    money...now you are on your own. Sorry to be so negative but with Win 8 and now Win 10 I have reached my limit.

MWagMidRun, Sep 2, 2016
  3. KB4073543 causing problems

Sorry but that process seems futile.

Even if I re-image and block, my research indicates this is a forced update. The device is highly likely to finish with the same nag screen at the end of a very time-consuming process.

Other than the unwanted nag screen, the device is currently doing all I need it to do with no issues. If the update is unblockable (which, after several attempts, I believe it is), even a simple script that closes the nag screen whenever it pops open would
    suffice.

Stevie will, Sep 2, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

Just a question: Does that mean you want no prompts as to saving or discarding a new document, changes to an existing document or template when you close Word?

Berton, Sep 2, 2016
  5. Droyk Win User
    Actually I think you misunderstood it script shouldn't have any connection with word 2016 aside when the user closes down the word. then script should do what it's told to do

P.S. I think you misunderstood it because of my english as you can see my english isn't really that good so sorry for that

Droyk, Sep 2, 2016
  6. Berton Win User
    What is it that needs to happen after Word is closed? I recall from my DOS days some 20+ years ago that a batch file could be written to open a program, remain in memory then when the program was closed run another program or command. That most likely won't work in Windows as beginning with Windows 95 the Disk Operating System started being blended into the GUI/Graphical User Interface, quite different from Windows 3.11 and earlier where DOS was installed first and Windows installed on top of that.

Berton, Sep 2, 2016
  7. Droyk Win User
    what I mean by no dialogues should appear is because I want a script to initiate a registry file after word closes

so basically when a user normally click on registry file it first ask for user permission like this dialog

I need a simple script to initiate whenever Word 2016 closes [​IMG]

and then another dialog appear

I need a simple script to initiate whenever Word 2016 closes [​IMG]

Droyk, Sep 2, 2016
  8. I need a simple script to initiate whenever Word 2016 closes

regedit /s UI.reg

But I would probably use bat instead.

TairikuOkami, Sep 2, 2016
  9. Droyk Win User
    Well that's what I am asking I need bat script or any other kind of script to automatically do this.

Droyk, Sep 2, 2016
  10. dalchina New Member
    You can create a script with Autohotkey (free).

Autohotkey is both a scripting language, and one which can manipulate and work with windows and processes.
    It has an extensive help file, and an active forum

So you can do this: (outline only)
    Loop ; For everLoop Until Word 2016 present
    ; Word 2016 has been detected}LoopUntil Word 2016 not present
    ; Word 2016 closed}Execute your desired function
    End Loop {For ever}

dalchina, Sep 2, 2016
  11. Droyk Win User
    Well I never tried autohot key before so by instructions I created a new script and copy paste everything so now the issue begins how to use it as someone who don't even know autohot key language how should he work with this?

and by the way this is what my script looks like Code: #NoEnv ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.; #Warn ; Enable warnings to assist with detecting common errors. SendMode Input ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability. SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir% ; Ensures a consistent starting directory. Loop ; For ever Loop Until Word 2016 present ; Word 2016 has been detected} Loop Until Word 2016 not present ; Word 2016 closed} Execute your desired function End Loop {For ever}[/quote]

Droyk, Sep 2, 2016
  12. dalchina New Member
    I've just outlined the basic logic.
    You'd have to learn to use Autohotkey and read the help file... were you expecting someone to write it for you?

dalchina, Sep 2, 2016
  13. Droyk Win User

Well indeed I was.*really*chuckle

Droyk, Sep 2, 2016
  14. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Sep 2, 2016
  15. Droyk Win User
    can someone help me it's taking me too much time just to create simple script help needed

Droyk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. I need a simple script to initiate whenever Word 2016 closes - Similar Threads - need simple script

2. hi, i need to restore excel 2016 and word 2016 icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hi, i need to restore excel 2016 and word 2016 icons: i can open the files normally and use them, like a docx or xlsx file created and put on desktoponly the icons of these files show up as white boxes.this is a office pc and i recently recieved this systemany help would be greatly appreciated....
  3. hi, i need to restore excel 2016 and word 2016 icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hi, i need to restore excel 2016 and word 2016 icons: i can open the files normally and use them, like a docx or xlsx file created and put on desktoponly the icons of these files show up as white boxes.this is a office pc and i recently recieved this systemany help would be greatly appreciated....
  4. Outlook & Word 2016

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook & Word 2016: The last week or there abouts when I receive an email message in outlook it seems to play the default sound rather than the one I’ve assigned. The sounds ‘Desktop mail notification’ and ‘New Mail Notification’ were set back to default in control panel – sounds. So, I set them...
  5. Shutdown whenever i close the lid

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shutdown whenever i close the lid: Hello there! Recently (maybe after the latest Windows 10 pro,i cant recall actually) I’ve noticed that whenever i close my laptop lid, the windows shutdown. I know about the power setting and it’s set up to sleep when i close the lid. Did anybody noticed this problem? If...
  6. Dictate Word 2016.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dictate Word 2016.: Is there a program called dictate that I can download and use with Word 2016. If so where can I go to download it? Thank you in advance. Mike *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  7. Word 2016

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Word 2016: I am unable to open home page I have reinstalled the product but I still cannot open it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-2016/1534d006-b45d-41a6-85c6-cb5274dcc1f4"
  8. NEED HELP GETTING THE FONT I WANT WHENEVER I OPEN WORD

in Windows 10 Customization
    NEED HELP GETTING THE FONT I WANT WHENEVER I OPEN WORD: Whenever I open Word, the font in the ribbon is “Calibri (body)” and the font size is 11. I would like it to be “Tahoma”, font size 12. Is there anything I can do to set it so “Tahoma” 12 always comes up whenever I open Word?...
  9. word 2016 dissappeared

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    word 2016 dissappeared: I purchased word 2016 in 2016 and used it quite often to create quite a few documents and without notice or any action from me it disappeared along with my documents, how do I get it back?...
  10. AutoHotKey EXPERT needed for simple Task View script

in Windows 10 Support
    AutoHotKey EXPERT needed for simple Task View script: Greetings. I'm a Mac to PC convert and starting to love it. But there are a few things I need to make life a little easier. The need of this thread has already been discussed here -- Alternative way to launch Task View ? Solved - Windows 10 Forums The solution I'm...