Windows 10: I need comments on my "safety setup" Please,,thnx

Discus and support I need comments on my "safety setup" Please,,thnx in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; here's what i have; for spyware i purchased "SpybotSD Pro w/av included" and for Antivirus I got "360 total security free version" for an... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by zargon48, Sep 8, 2015.

1. zargon48 Win User

I need comments on my "safety setup" Please,,thnx

here's what i have;

for spyware i purchased "SpybotSD Pro w/av included"
    and for Antivirus I got "360 total security free version"

for an alternative [currently uninstalled, but paid for]
    Ive got "AVAST Internet security /paid version"

which would be better Avast or 360??

any comments or tips would be appreciated!*Smile

Thnx!

:)

zargon48, Sep 8, 2015

2. " Can't find maps on your phone " . Please help

@markus8814

Upon N97 Mini map data could be stored upon either mass memory or memory card with choice available within Nokia Maps application > Settings. Don't want you removing map data unnecessarily but you may possibly need to delete both E:\cities and F:\cities
    + .qf file and re-start Nokia Maps application to re-define necessary folder structure; it may help to set Nokia Maps "Online" and download a few kb's of map data via WLAN access point by zooming in to your current location and start again downloading maps
    to chosen destination.

aspergerguy, Sep 8, 2015
  3. " Can't find maps on your phone " . Please help

Almost certainly as not enough free phone memory to store maps.

aspergerguy, Sep 8, 2015
  4. I need comments on my "safety setup" Please,,thnx

Hi!

In my Opinion - Avast.

I used Avast a long time. (Now I prever: Eset Smart Internet Security. Malwarebytes Pro,
    Malwarebytes Anti - Exploit Premium.)

Cluster Head, Sep 8, 2015
  5. Antilope Win User
    Much more important than the anti-virus you use is behavior. I've used MS Security Essentials or Defender and Malwarebytes for over 5 years and never have gotten a virus on my computer.

Antilope, Sep 8, 2015
  6. zargon48 Win User
    Thnx for the Help guys,,

yea,,my biggest problem is my old "non-steam games" that I play need patches, and I seem to find them in
    the most "questionable" download sites, seems the only places to get them are the cloud services
    that have a Ton of advertisements, and several download buttons that can get confusing*Eek

I'LL just have tobe more selective o n patch downloads

Thnx for the tips!!*Smile

zargon48, Sep 8, 2015
  7. Antilope Win User
    After you download a file, scan it with a virus scanner before installing or opening. This isn't 100% either, but at least adds another layer of protection.

Never just install with defaults. Always do the optional install and read, read, read before pressing OK. That will also stop a lot of malware/crapware from being installed.

Antilope, Sep 8, 2015
  8. Gary Win User

All you need is Avast AIS, I have used it for years without issues.

Gary, Sep 8, 2015
  9. Have been with Symantec Internet Security or whatever it is called in the present since 2001
    Norton Power Eraser
    Sophos Root kit and virus scanner
    Malwarebytes
    Internet for tips on removing the really bad stuff
    Caution and thought for all DOWNLOADS and EMAIL opening or running
    Scan for viruses all Downloaded materials regardless of the source

I have been hit and I have recovered. Not exactly an easy task for some deeply installed bad stuff. Beware, it is out there and you are responsible for your actions.

lopedoggie, Sep 8, 2015
  10. f14tomcat Win User
    This has probably been posted before, a few times, but Windows Defender (much improved), Malwarebytes free, Avast Free (turn OFF realtime elements). Superantispyware is good for nuking cookies. And a good dose of common sense. That's about all you need. No need to spend a fortune on stuff. And, have a good, practical backup plan. Macrium, Acronis, are good. Both have free editions.

f14tomcat, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. I need comments on my "safety setup" Please,,thnx - Similar Threads - need comments safety

2. Please need some advice to my setup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Please need some advice to my setup: I got my 2nd monitor today and I connect it via HDMI cable. Restart the PC and everything went well however it is registered as the main one with no difference. When I open application it will open on the 2nd one as well. I dont know proper settings on it....
  3. Please need some advice to my setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please need some advice to my setup: I got my 2nd monitor today and I connect it via HDMI cable. Restart the PC and everything went well however it is registered as the main one with no difference. When I open application it will open on the 2nd one as well. I dont know proper settings on it....
  4. Please need some advice to my setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Any tech expert online please please comment I am in need of some help !!!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any tech expert online please please comment I am in need of some help !!!!: Please reply submitted by /u/Nibbaeater [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lxslas/any_tech_expert_online_please_please_comment_i_am/
  6. Need old monitor settings (please check comments for the problem)

Need old monitor settings (please check comments for the problem): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/mathur129 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lkat7i/need_old_monitor_settings_please_check_comments/
  7. Please, I need help! (problem explained in the comments)

Please, I need help! (problem explained in the comments): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/GenisVenom [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l3b1tz/please_i_need_help_problem_explained_in_the/
  8. Please help! (read comments)

Please help! (read comments): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TLGN [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kvct2h/please_help_read_comments/
  9. Problem in comments, please help

Problem in comments, please help: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/I_hazcheze [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hijaee/problem_in_comments_please_help/
  10. please tell me what this is??,,Thnx!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    please tell me what this is??,,Thnx!: Hi All, I just got a fresh Install of win 10 and noticed this[see screen shot] when I "right-click". [img] I had never noticed those numbers before? anyone know what they mean? THNX! ahead of time!*Smile 21706