Windows 10: I need help booting windows 10 from a flashdrive

Discus and support I need help booting windows 10 from a flashdrive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have put the windows 10 on my flash drive via boot camp on my mac. I plug it in my computer and boot from a usb. I only get the windows 10 logo. Just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by guitarboy7801, Jul 14, 2016.

1. I need help booting windows 10 from a flashdrive

I have put the windows 10 on my flash drive via boot camp on my mac. I plug it in my computer and boot from a usb. I only get the windows 10 logo. Just the logo no spinning logo or anything just the logo. I currently have Lubuntu running on my computer and i don't know how to download windows 10. please help. I can't figure this out.

:)

guitarboy7801, Jul 14, 2016

2. Windows 10 First Installation

I've built a new pc. The BIOS works fine, but when I try to boot windows from a flashdrive to install, it freezes on the first screen, when only the logo is visible. I've tried using more flashdrives, or reinstall windows on the flashdrive, but none of
    these worked.

MilanGrubits, Jul 14, 2016
  3. Downloading Windows 10 to flashdrive

The computer I am on is running Windows 10 but need to download Windows 10 to a flashdrive to install on laptop that has no OS at this time. From reading download instructions on Microsoft page it says to use Windows 7 or 8.1 because using 10 it can overwrite
    temporary files on this computer. Not a savoy computer tech, just need a little help. Is it ok to use this computer running Windows 10 to download to a flashdrive and not mess with this system?

Terry_Garfield, Jul 14, 2016
  4. bangdosa Win User

I need help booting windows 10 from a flashdrive

you should post your comp's specs.
    also when you say you put win 10 on the flash drive, do you mean the installer from Microsoft?

bangdosa, Jul 15, 2016
  5. Hannele2 Win User
    You should go into the BIOS of this computer and set USB to be first in the boot order.
    Then try again. Also try temporarily unplugging all other drives on your PC apart from the one that you want to install Windows on.

Hannele2, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

I need help booting windows 10 from a flashdrive

1. I need help booting windows 10 from a flashdrive - Similar Threads - need help booting

2. Need Help usb devices wont work except for flashdrives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Help usb devices wont work except for flashdrives: I am using a Acer TravelMate P214-52. I've used many methods on youtube and other forums and but nothing seems to work. My laptop has 3 ports but this one at the up of usb root hub is connected even though I have only three ports. I think this is the cause on why my usb...
  3. Need Help usb devices wont work except for flashdrives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need Help usb devices wont work except for flashdrives: I am using a Acer TravelMate P214-52. I've used many methods on youtube and other forums and but nothing seems to work. My laptop has 3 ports but this one at the up of usb root hub is connected even though I have only three ports. I think this is the cause on why my usb...
  4. Need Help usb devices wont work except for flashdrives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. downloading my photos from windows 10 to flashdrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    downloading my photos from windows 10 to flashdrive: I just need step by step to download my pictures to a flashdrive. My son normally helps, but he is out of town right now. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloading-my-photos-from-windows-10-to/f912f01d-868c-4346-8a70-4268b2885e3e
  6. Need help booting up windows 10 from USB on laptop!!!!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help booting up windows 10 from USB on laptop!!!!!: submitted by /u/1hunnitracksss [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ghuesc/need_help_booting_up_windows_10_from_usb_on_laptop/
  7. Boot Windows 10 from Flashdrive

Boot Windows 10 from Flashdrive: Our company disabled USB port functionality by editing this registry "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\USBSTOR". With this disabled, I was curious if you would still be able to boot to USB in BIOS? submitted by /u/mattymest [link] [comments]...
  8. Need help can't boot into windows 10

Need help can't boot into windows 10: I have accidentally deleted the CD /DVD option from the boot option menu and now there is no way to install Windows in UEFI mode. So, I have to change to legacy mode whenever I insert windows disk and because of this ,windows setup load in legacy while my hard disk is in UEFI...
  9. need help booting my windows 10

need help booting my windows 10: when i turn in my pc it says "preparing automatic repair" it starts loading then after its done it goes to a black screen submitted by /u/i-love-minecraft-hoe [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e8l0iu/need_help_booting_my_windows_10/
  10. Help with Flashdrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help with Flashdrive: I need step by step instructions on how to put files from my documents into a flashdrive. Please and thankyou https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-with-flashdrive/2a6115a5-1f9f-42e3-ac71-43a11ef9d76c"