Windows 10: I need help curing my "formatting my pc every week" illness.

Discus and support I need help curing my "formatting my pc every week" illness. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi,I have a win 10 workstation with important files in it so when I install some games/softwares, I feel the need to reformat it once I'm done with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DGKN, Feb 13, 2018.

1. DGKN Win User

I need help curing my "formatting my pc every week" illness.

Hi,I have a win 10 workstation with important files in it so when I install some games/softwares, I feel the need to reformat it once I'm done with them.
    This year alone, I've formatted my pc probably like 25 times already.

I need some type of virtualization (with native performance) so that I can revert my machine back to a previous state without the hassle of reinstalling it. I don't want a dual-boot system.

Am I asking too much? If not, do you guys have any ideas how I can implement that? Thx.

:)

2. farby Win User

my phone says " System Error " while i delete d broken images frm my phone memory...

Connect the Phone to PC and thru' Windows Explorer search for this file. If you find it Delete from there .. See if it works .

farby, Feb 13, 2018
  3. my phone says " System Error " while i delete d broken images frm my phone memory...

i hav C6 n it is givin me error when i delete the broken images it displays "systen error" although i dont have any images in my phone memory n m not usin memory card also... plzz help..

omkar_bartakke, Feb 13, 2018
  4. Samuria Win User

You can use free virtual box and run a virtual PC that way

Samuria, Feb 13, 2018
  5. I suggest you only clean install Windows 10 (Format) when there is a error that cannot be fix, i have been using my Windows 10 Installed PC for more than two years without clean installing Windows 10 it still works same way when i have first clean installed Windows 10 years ago.

FreeBooter, Feb 13, 2018
  6. AndreTen Win User
    You said you don't want dual boot, but that would probably be the best and with two separate disks- swapping them.

Another secure way you to retain your working partition untouched is to use System Images. Use software like Macrium reflect and make images of working partition and Gaming partition. After Gaming is done, in 10 minutes you can have computer in working state.

Third is virtualization. But other will tell, how much virtualization can influence system performance. Graphic part especially.

I would go with another 250 GB SSD, install other system on it and swap drives.

AndreTen, Feb 13, 2018
  7. swarfega Win User
    Just uninstalling and running the built in disk cleaner should be sufficient. I format my computer about twice a year and I think thats enough.

swarfega, Feb 13, 2018
  8. DGKN Win User

The System image option appears to be the best for my use case. Thanks a lot for the advice!

9. AndreTen Win User
    It's your choice, but seems logical, since you have to have System images anyway (assuming from how your work obviously is important...)

if you have any questions about drive imaging scenarios, just ask. We have a lot of advanced Macrium users here (much more than me) *Smile

AndreTen, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. I need help curing my "formatting my pc every week" illness. - Similar Threads - need help curing

2. I need help with my pc

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I need help with my pc: So 2 days ago my pc stopped working with the internet, the cable was plugged in and the pc could read that there was a cable plugged in but wasn't connecting. I tried restarting pc, and router and even brought new cable but still nothing worked so then I completely wiped the...
  3. I need help with my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help with my pc: I recently upgraded the motherboard CPU and ram. Ever since I’ve upgraded I keep getting blue screens and crashing. The parts I upgraded toRyzen 5 550016gb ddr4 Corsair vengeance Asus TUF b550-plus-WiFi II...
  4. I need help with my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help with my pc: My pc keeps restarting again and again saying that my device ran into a problem and needs to start can u help me please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-with-my-pc/fe25da35-1fbc-4f1c-9cd8-a6a8e25673f9
  5. Help I need My PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help I need My PC: Help I recently updated My PC from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 8.1 Pro but it worked normally until I want to actívate it I used a key un the installer ando I want to use the same but it tells me "This key cannot be used to activate this edition of Windows. Try another" the...
  6. I need help with my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help with my pc: I have problems with my pc my dwm and client server runtime process are eating my gpu when I use my mouse i tryed everything please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-with-my-pc/3cfff30d-61f0-4358-96fb-d64a7f2dc589
  7. Need help ask me a question and ill help

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need help ask me a question and ill help: IT support for you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-ask-me-a-question-and-ill-help/379aae09-d2ab-4e29-9d8e-254efaf992a7
  8. I need help with my pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    I need help with my pc: So i reset pc because i was having blue screen errors after i restarted my pc due to a game that was having problems as well i did that so now i reset my pc and i think your supposed to get another account making screen and i didn’t get it so im stick on other user.please...
  9. I need help with my pc.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need help with my pc.: So right now letters are being typed repeatedly, but i typed them 3 days ago, and it just keeps happening. Anyone got a reason as to why it keeps happening. submitted by /u/Frosty_bong [link] [comments]...
  10. I need help with my pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I need help with my pc: So i ran a command that was supposed to help me in poweshell because i had problems with window photos not opening or anything and so basically after running the command i cant use cortana or anything that had a windows infront of it name basically. i need any kind of help. i...