Windows 10: I need help i cant format my pc using my ssd

Discus and support I need help i cant format my pc using my ssd in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I think my ssd has corrupted windows because i cant clean it using the diskpart in windows installation, what should i do? It also said when i clean in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Devy Dev, Jun 13, 2024.

1. Devy Dev Win User

I need help i cant format my pc using my ssd

I think my ssd has corrupted windows because i cant clean it using the diskpart in windows installation, what should i do? It also said when i clean in disk part that “DiskPart has encountered an error: The request could not be performed because of an I/0 device error. See the System Event Log for more information.” Please help me ASAP I have school work to do due tomorrow im currently using a phone to make this pls help.

:)

Devy Dev, Jun 13, 2024
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Jun 13, 2024
  3. EmilyS726 Win User
    Ssd wont format

Hello there. This is Emily.

I assume you are installing from the ISO flash drive right? If so, at the step where it asks you where to install Windows, instead of using the format option, use delete option instead. Delete every partition listed for the SSD. It might say Drive 0 or Drive 1, etc, but you should be able to tell which drive is your SSD based on the size. Once all partitions are deleted, you would be given one unallocated space. That's the one you can select, then click next for Windows to install.

EmilyS726, Jun 13, 2024
  4. I need help i cant format my pc using my ssd

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jun 13, 2024
Thema:

I need help i cant format my pc using my ssd

1. I need help i cant format my pc using my ssd - Similar Threads - need help cant

2. I can't format my ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't format my ssd: I've recently bought a new 1tb external ssd. No matter what I do, I can't format the ssd to exFAT. I've used disk management, the diskpart command in cmd, the mini tool partition wizard, etc. They either just give an error and fail or just say nothing and succeed but after...
  3. I can't format my ssd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't format my ssd: I've recently bought a new 1tb external ssd. No matter what I do, I can't format the ssd to exFAT. I've used disk management, the diskpart command in cmd, the mini tool partition wizard, etc. They either just give an error and fail or just say nothing and succeed but after...
  4. I can't format my ssd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. I need help i cant format my pc using my ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help i cant format my pc using my ssd: I think my ssd has corrupted windows because i cant clean it using the diskpart in windows installation, what should i do? It also said when i clean in disk part that “DiskPart has encountered an error: The request could not be performed because of an I/0 device error. See...
  6. I need help i cant format my pc using my ssd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I need help i cant format my pc using my ssd: I think my ssd has corrupted windows because i cant clean it using the diskpart in windows installation, what should i do? It also said when i clean in disk part that “DiskPart has encountered an error: The request could not be performed because of an I/0 device error. See...
  7. Barely anything on my pc works, I need help formatting ssd or hdd, overwriting or updating...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Barely anything on my pc works, I need help formatting ssd or hdd, overwriting or updating...: I was updating my pc and while it was updating my power went out. Later when everything turned back on I tried to finish the update and it blue screened. I rebooted it and when I did everything seemed fine. I could turn it on and login, but when i logged in barely anything...
  8. I need help with my disk and SSD.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need help with my disk and SSD.: [ATTACH] Hello everyone, Recently I upgraded to an SSD. The SSD installation and windows installation on it was done by a service person in my locality. I had 1TB HDD which is now installed in CD drive for extra storage.. now... here is where I need help, The hard drive...
  9. i cant use my pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    i cant use my pc: i reinstalled windows 10 because got microsoft error and windows update error but after doing that isb devices stops working if i statr the pc my mouse and keyboard goes on for a second and then turns of when the windows 10 loading logo starts how do i fix this?...
  10. I want to format both my ssd and hdd and I need help.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I want to format both my ssd and hdd and I need help.: So I have a samsung 250gb ssd (C:) and a hdd (E:). My ssd contains windows on it along with some programs and my hdd has mostly games and programs. I want to format both of them, but I am unable to do it in Disk Managment. For both of them the format button is greyed out. How...