Windows 10: I need help resetting my 75 year old fathers password

Discus and support I need help resetting my 75 year old fathers password in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Despite the sheer frustration with the "support" options I will do my best to be civil. I have been trying to have my fathers password reset for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Beldarrin, Nov 30, 2023.

1. Beldarrin Win User

I need help resetting my 75 year old fathers password

Despite the sheer frustration with the "support" options I will do my best to be civil. I have been trying to have my fathers password reset for Microsoft live so he can activate his email on his new phone and activate his new computer. He is unable to remember his password and the password recovery system has issues since it does not recognize that a land line cannot have a code sent to it and it should call the code to that line. This request wouldn't have to be made if something that simple had been considered as part of the accessibility when creating the help system. Instead I have he

:)

Beldarrin, Nov 30, 2023
  2. Plymale Win User

80 year old Father forgot his password

I purchased my 80 year old father a new desktop (HP with · Windows 10 Home 64
    · 10th Generation Intel® Core™ i3 processor)

He set it up without me being there and it asked him to set a password on the screen saver… Which he did…

Problem is the password he wrote down and says is the password he used isn’t the password that unlocks the screensaver…

Everything I’ve found on YouTube is telling me to either to do the command prompt or to a certain website but that’s kinda hard to do when I can’t get past the screensaver…

HELP!!!

Plymale, Nov 30, 2023
  3. P4-630 Win User
    How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

Change or reset your Windows password - Microsoft Support

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Nov 30, 2023
  4. I need help resetting my 75 year old fathers password

Woman of 75 years old.

I accepted a prompt to get Windows 10 free. I am 75 years old and don't understand anything about it. Please someone tell me how to get it OFF of my computer and let me have my Windows 7 back.

BerniceErmis, Nov 30, 2023
Thema:

I need help resetting my 75 year old fathers password

1. I need help resetting my 75 year old fathers password - Similar Threads - need help resetting

2. I need help resetting my 75 year old fathers password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I need help resetting my 75 year old fathers password: Despite the sheer frustration with the "support" options I will do my best to be civil. I have been trying to have my fathers password reset for Microsoft live so he can activate his email on his new phone and activate his new computer. He is unable to remember his password...
  3. I need help resetting my 75 year old fathers password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help resetting my 75 year old fathers password: Despite the sheer frustration with the "support" options I will do my best to be civil. I have been trying to have my fathers password reset for Microsoft live so he can activate his email on his new phone and activate his new computer. He is unable to remember his password...
  4. How can I locate my passwords on my computer window 11 ? I'm 86 years old and I need help.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I locate my passwords on my computer window 11 ? I'm 86 years old and I need help.: How can I locate my passwords on my cumputer windows 11 ? I need a step by step to fine them. I'm 86 years old and I can not get by the talking computer at Microsoft ....
  5. How can I locate my passwords on my computer window 11 ? I'm 86 years old and I need help.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I locate my passwords on my computer window 11 ? I'm 86 years old and I need help.: How can I locate my passwords on my cumputer windows 11 ? I need a step by step to fine them. I'm 86 years old and I can not get by the talking computer at Microsoft ....
  6. Urgent help needed for a password reset

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Urgent help needed for a password reset: Hello,I need help with a password reset, I recently forgot my password and was unable to reset it the normal way by sending a confirmation code to a phone number because I got a new phone number and forgot to add it to Microsoft. So than I sent that form that asks you your...
  7. 80 year old Father forgot his password

80 year old Father forgot his password: I purchased my 80 year old father a new desktop HP with · Windows 10 Home 64· 10th Generation Intel® Core™ i3 processor He set it up without me being there and it asked him to set a password on the screen saver… Which he did… Problem is the password he wrote down and...
  8. Help with 89 year old

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Help with 89 year old: My father-in-law lives with my wife and I. He is always messing with his Windows 10 machine and messing things up. He does things like changing his passwords to absurdly long strings that he immediately forgets. Is there some piece of software I can surreptitiously install...
  9. How to reset an old, 4 year old password

How to reset an old, 4 year old password: I want to get my files off an old Hard Drive from an XPS PC 8830 I think. But, I have zero idea what the password is. I tried to reset password from the Command Prompt from a new Window 10 USB installer, to access the Command Prompt. But, it won't work because x:sources...
  10. My over 80 years old father was scammed and his computer is locked up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My over 80 years old father was scammed and his computer is locked up: Hi All, My over 80 years old father was recently scammed and gave remote access to a "Microsoft Technician" to fix his Dell Inspiron 3670 desk top computer with Windows 10. Once connected to my dad's PC the "tech" wanted $1000 to fix it and literally told my dad if he...