Windows 10: I need help to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7 ultimate

Discus and support I need help to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7 ultimate in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, For over a week I've been trying to upgrade my Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 Pro and after several problems I came to one (for the last 3... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by PauloLib, Aug 16, 2015.

1. PauloLib Win User

I need help to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7 ultimate

Hi,

For over a week I've been trying to upgrade my Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 Pro and after several problems I came to one (for the last 3 days) that I don't know any longer what to do.

I reach the 76% overall progress with 1 or 2 % on the Configuring Settings stage where the computer reboots, returns to Windows 7 and displays the error 8007002C-400D.

I uninstalled the anti-virus program went to the SoftwareDistribution folder I did as suggested by Microsoft but to no good.

I really need some help to complete the upgrade.

Thanks in advance.

:)

PauloLib, Aug 16, 2015
  2. JohnShaia Win User

Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro Using Windows 7 Ultimate Key

I have a computer running Windows 7 Ultimate that I am getting ready to replace. The computer I am likely going to get comes with Windows 10 Home and is not available with Windows 10 Pro. I want to run Windows 10 Pro. I know that when I decommission
    my old computer, I can use the Windows 7 Ultimate product key to upgrade Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro. I also know that there is a deadline to upgrade Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 Pro. Does this deadline apply to just upgrades from Windows 7 Ultimate
    to Windows 10 Pro or does it also apply to upgrading Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro using a Windows 7 Ultimate key? If not, is there an anticipated deadline for this as well? Thanks.

JohnShaia, Aug 16, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Product Key - After Successful Upgrade

Hi,

This is Sivarama.

I tried to install Windows 10 Fresh copy.

But it is failed.

After that I tried upgrade from Windows 7 Ultimate.

The upgrade is successful. And the Windows Pro 10 Version is ACTIVE.

For full upgrade, I dont have Key for Windows Pro 10.

Windows 7 Ultimate key is not working for Windows Pro 10. (Tried installing Virtual Machine).

In future, if I want to do a fresh installation, do I need to install Win 7 first and upgrade?

How do I get KEY for Windows Pro 10?

Thanks and Regards,

Sivarama

Sivarama Krishna K, Aug 16, 2015
  4. Harpert Win User

Hi,

the solution is probably simple.
    Make sure to uninstall your 3rd party Antivirus like Avira or AVG or Kaspersky.
    Make sure NOT to have any USB sticks or external drives connected
    Make sure that your C drive (system drive) has at least 10GB of space (preferably a lot more)

The error is usually solved my uninstalling the Antivirus software

good luck

Harpert, Aug 16, 2015
  5. WhyMe Win User
    Hi Paolo,

What method are using to upgrade? Via Windows Update or via installation media (usb or dvd)?

WhyMe, Aug 16, 2015
  6. PauloLib Win User
    Thanks for the help.

I already uninstalled Kasperky Pure.

I have one hub and I don't remember if I disconnected it.
    Should I also remove the device?

I'm upgrading via Internet but I also have the ISO.
    Is it better to upgrade from a DVD? Or an USB?

*Tongue

PauloLib, Aug 16, 2015
  7. WhyMe Win User
    Some people who have had your symptoms and error code have subsequently managed to upgrade successfully via installation media (USB or DVD probably doesn't matter). Just make sure you begin the installation media upgrade from WITHIN Windows

TIP: If you haven't done so already, I suggest you make an image of your current Win7 installation before upgrade. Or backup just your important files if you are short of space. *Wink

WhyMe, Aug 16, 2015
  8. PauloLib Win User

Thanks.

I'll do that latter in the day and let you know the result.

*Thumbs

PauloLib, Aug 16, 2015
  9. PauloLib Win User
    Do you use the Windows backup? Or any other one?

PauloLib, Aug 16, 2015
  10. WhyMe Win User
    I use Paragon for imaging and backups but it's relatively costly. Most people here on this forum seem to swear by Macrium Reflect Free. Or use whatever you are comfortable with if it works and is reliable.

WhyMe, Aug 16, 2015
  11. mtring Win User
    I had some difficulty using the upgrade within Windows and what worked for me was using the ISO from MS on a USB. One thing I would suggest that if you're using a upgrade install from within Windows 7, make sure that automatic updates is disabled. for me that was keeping the installer from updating the files, and runnign properly. Once I turned that off, upgrade went smoothly.

mtring, Aug 16, 2015
  12. I had two WD external drives connected to both my systems
    when upgrading to Win10 had no problems with upgrade, so i don't feel having an external drive cause any problems for the upgrade.

digitalcurisity, Aug 16, 2015
  13. PauloLib Win User

Hi,

I didn't had the time to make the upgrade last night but I'm confused is the ISO installation (from mounting, DVD or USB) an upgrade (like Windows Update) or a clean installation?
    I heard and read groups of people saying that is one and others saying that is the other, so I'm confused.

Thanks.

PauloLib, Aug 17, 2015
  14. PauloLib Win User
    Hi, I managed to solve my problems only by upgrading from a mounted ISO.
    Thanks

PauloLib, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. I need help to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7 ultimate - Similar Threads - need help upgrade

2. Window 10 Pro upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate VSS does not work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window 10 Pro upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate VSS does not work: I have a Windows 10 installation that I cannot backup because I get a VSS error x80004306.I have checked VSS is working Automatic and ON. There is 100 Gig on 1TB SSD of disk space for snapshot. I have checked almost everything I can find on the web. But no luck.Also I...
  3. Upgrade from Window 7 Ultimate to Windows 10

Upgrade from Window 7 Ultimate to Windows 10: Hi, This is Rolf Schreiner at *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, on December 14, 2020. I have a problem installing Wildows 10 on Windows 7 Ultimate. I worked about one week it, but now I need some help, please. I tried all the published fixes on the internet,...
  4. Windows 10 PRO upgrade from Windows 7 Ultimate. to RETAIN PROGRAMS AND DATA

Windows 10 PRO upgrade from Windows 7 Ultimate. to RETAIN PROGRAMS AND DATA: I know I must use Windows 10 Pro to upgrade from Windows 7 Ultimate to retain my programs and Data Files The question is: Which PART NUMBER, VERSION of Windows 10 Pro to order? There are several versions available but I cannot find anywhere on ther Microsoft site that...
  5. Need help upgrading from windows 7

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help upgrading from windows 7: [ATTACH] So I have an old computer that I wanted to upgrade to windows 10 and everything was going smoothly until it freezes on a percentage with the loading circle not moving at all so in the end i had to force shut down the pc which leads to it undoing the changes and...
  6. want to upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7 ultimate

want to upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7 ultimate: Good evening team microsoft before asking an question let me show my pc specs.just posted an screenshot of my computer properties please see that and tell me should I upgrade my pc win7 to win10 and my GPU is nvidia GT 710 and cpu gen it says 5series/3400 series chipset...
  7. Upgrade from Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit to Windows 10 Pro

Upgrade from Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit to Windows 10 Pro: Seems like a simple question - just bought Windows 10 Pro on a USB. When I boot up my computer to the USB drive to install Windows 10 it does not give me the option to upgrade - seems like it is going to do a clean install. When does the option menu come up for "clean...
  8. upgrade from windows 7 ultimate

upgrade from windows 7 ultimate: I upgraded my laptop with 8.1 to 10 and I ended up with all programs recognized and working. Hard to believe. All I did after the upgrade is download and install English (US) package to change interface language. Will it be the same when upgrading from windows 7 ultimate?...
  9. Can I upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7 ultimate?

Can I upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7 ultimate?: Because i've heard that if you have ultimate you will get pro edition. But it says I need sp1. So do I actually need sp1 or I can just upgrade from ultimate to pro? 61120
  10. Upgrading from Windows 7 Ultimate Unvalidated to 10

Upgrading from Windows 7 Ultimate Unvalidated to 10: Sorry for the question if is quite simple but I am unsure. Currently I am running Windows 7 Ultimate yet my copy can't be validated as I have no key. If I was to purchase a copy of Windows 10 would I be able to keep my files during the upgrade or would a fresh install be...