Windows 10: I need help with 5 pin grbw headers on a Gigabyte motherboard

Discus and support I need help with 5 pin grbw headers on a Gigabyte motherboard in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; is there a such a thing a 4 pin grb to a 5 pin grbw adapter? I can't find any anywhere to buy any. I know the W pin isn't necessary. Thanks 105925 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jerry06, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Jerry06 Win User

I need help with 5 pin grbw headers on a Gigabyte motherboard

is there a such a thing a 4 pin grb to a 5 pin grbw adapter? I can't find any anywhere to buy any. I know the W pin isn't necessary.

Thanks

:)

Jerry06, Mar 11, 2018
  2. Coornio Win User

Bluetooth device no longer working

Tried both from Gigabyte's website, no dice there. It might really be dead, which sucks. Guess that's one more reason to go for a new motherboard since the USB3 header also has a broken pin and is unusable. I'll get my thingies in order to get a different
    bootable drive connected and see if it works on a new Windows install, otherwise I'll start leafing through retailer catalogues I need help with 5 pin grbw headers on a Gigabyte motherboard :p

Coornio, Mar 11, 2018
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Gigabyte motherboard

When your monitor display 'no signal' that means it isn't receiving a video signal from your computer. That could happen for several reasons. Most commonly, your video cable is loose at one or both of its connections. Power off your computer and reconnect
    the video cable at both the monitor end and the computer end.

Another common reason is that your graphics card or chip is not functioning. To test, use your your computer with a different monitor. If the second monitor also gets 'no signal' you can probably blame your computer's graphics card or chip.

There are less common reasons as well. For example, you may have plugged your video cable into the wrong connector. Or you may have disabled video in your BIOS. But the most common problems are the cable or the card/chip.

BulldogXX, Mar 11, 2018
  4. EdTittel Win User

EdTittel, Mar 11, 2018
  5. Jerry06 Win User
    I should specify further what I need is a female 5 pin connector to a male 4 pin connector. Thats a great video I watched it last night.

Thanks for the reply.

Jerry06, Mar 11, 2018
  6. EdTittel Win User
    OK, then. Now that your specs are more refined, I can't find anything either. You could probably build something yourself, though... Or, you can plow through this eBay search and see if anything useful pops out of it: 4 pin female to 5 pin male rgb to rgbw adapter | eBay
    Wow! Aaargh! I feel your pain...
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Mar 12, 2018
  7. Jerry06 Win User
    I'm thinking that I'll clip the squeeze clips off the housing since the RGB W pin isn't required. the RGB cable is no loss anyway, and I think the motherboard won't have any issues.

I need help with 5 pin grbw headers on a Gigabyte motherboard [​IMG]

Jerry06, Mar 12, 2018
  8. EdTittel Win User

I don't see why that wouldn't work. Give it a try and let us know what happens. Thanks,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Mar 12, 2018
  9. Jerry06 Win User
    I got the strip to work with the Gigabyte RGB extender. However, The Female RGB header doesn't match the Male header pin length. I got it to work by holding the strip and the extender together.

I really don't want to hold the wires together all the time, I'm going to tape the two together. *Smile

Jerry06, Mar 18, 2018
  10. EdTittel Win User
    Good plan! Tape doesn't get bored, and it doesn't stop you from doing other stuff! Thanks for the laugh, though...
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. I need help with 5 pin grbw headers on a Gigabyte motherboard - Similar Threads - need help pin

2. TPM2.0 Gigabyte motherboards 2014

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TPM2.0 Gigabyte motherboards 2014: I don't know how to open TPM2.0 and secure boots in Bios Gigabyte motherboards 2014. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tpm20-gigabyte-motherboards-2014/268f6686-7fa2-4686-9f2f-f942999089ca
  3. TPM2.0 Gigabyte motherboards 2014

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TPM2.0 Gigabyte motherboards 2014: I don't know how to open TPM2.0 and secure boots in Bios Gigabyte motherboards 2014. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tpm20-gigabyte-motherboards-2014/268f6686-7fa2-4686-9f2f-f942999089ca
  4. TPM2.0 Gigabyte motherboards 2014

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I need help with my pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help with my pin: I hadn’t been on my pc in a while and when I tried to log back in it said something happened to my pin and whenever I try to reset it I get an error saying try again later...
  6. TPM Module for Gigabyte Motherboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    TPM Module for Gigabyte Motherboard: My 2012 Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H motherboard has a 20 pin TPM slot as shown below. Gigabyte advise the slot is for a v1.0 TPM module. It's unclear whether I need a bespoke Gigabyte TPM module or whether any 20 pin v1.0 TPM will work. I don't plan to use Bitlocker. In that case,...
  7. 5 pin cpu fan header and 4 pin connector on the motherboard?

5 pin cpu fan header and 4 pin connector on the motherboard?: I swapped out the hardware from my dell optiplex 7020 Mt and put them onto a MSI B85-G43 GAMING motherboard everything seems to be working fine and then I figured out the curve ball dell throws at ya. For the cpu fan connector dell used a 5 pin connector and my msi...
  8. Gigabyte Motherboards: Are they good?

Gigabyte Motherboards: Are they good?: My new rig is experiencing bandwidth bottlenecks on PCIe slots. Not because ASUS is not a good brand but because of some uplanned PCIe hardware upgrades. I need to fix this bottleneck problems and the best candidate so far to replace this 2 month old ASUS Z97-A USB3.1...
  9. No sound on desktop Gigabyte motherboard

No sound on desktop Gigabyte motherboard: I just installed windows 10 for the first time and Ive got no sound. I went to the gigabyte driver site and installed the latest driver they have. (VIA HD Audio). I have read other threads on here about lowering the Bitrate down to 16 but that does help either. Everytime i...
  10. Need help with motherboard drivers

Need help with motherboard drivers: I have a new motherboard on the way and i want to get drivers downloaded to a usb to have ready to install. There are so many i don't know what ones i need. My motherboard is an ASUS Z97-A/USB 3.1. Could someone let me know what ones i need thanks. I will be running windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gigabyte motherboard 5 pin rgb

2. 5 pin to 4 pin rgb header

3. 5 pin rgb header

4. gigabyte 5 pin header w,
  5. gigabyte 5 pin rgb header cable