Windows 10: I need help with DosBox (Windows 10 64bit)

Discus and support I need help with DosBox (Windows 10 64bit) in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm having a problem with DosBox in full screen. Whenever I start a game (or the game needs to switch from gameplay to cinematics) I have 5 second... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jwrath, Jul 15, 2018.

1. Jwrath Win User

I need help with DosBox (Windows 10 64bit)

I'm having a problem with DosBox in full screen.

Whenever I start a game (or the game needs to switch from gameplay to cinematics) I have 5 second screen delay. Plus when I choose to exit the game the screen look garbled before returning to desktop.

That didn't happened with my old Vista 32bit. Back then everything happened instantaneously without any delays.

I've already tried every compatibility mode there is. Still no luck!

I'm pretty sure the problem can be solved if I somehow disable Visual Themes or Desktop Composition. Unfortunately Windows 10 doesn't have these options any more.

Any idea how to make them visible?

FYI, the DosBox I'm using is a portable version, so I can't do much about the setup since there isn't one.

:)

Jwrath, Jul 15, 2018

2. how to use dosbox in windows 10

Hello Faisal,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please answer the following questions:

• Are you able to install DOSBox?
    • What is the exact issue?
    • Are you unable to open DOSBox?
    • Do you see any error message?
    • Did you try re-installing DOSBox?

Please get back to us with the information.

If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Jul 15, 2018
  3. FR@NK Win User
    DOSBox or PCem Emulator for old Windows games?

I've used dosbox with windows installed within the dosbox to play older 16bit games.

FR@NK, Jul 15, 2018
  4. I need help with DosBox (Windows 10 64bit)

Dosbox in windows 10 screen problems

Hi,

I realize that you are unable to run the DosBox in Windows 10. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer the question to get more clarity on this issue:

• After upgrading to Windows 10, did you update the display/graphics card drivers?

Suggest you to update the display driver from Device Manager to check if that helps.

1. Press (Windows key + X) and click on “Device Manager”.

2. Expand “Display Adaptor”.

3. Right click on the video driver and select “Update Driver Software”. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

If the issue persists then download the latest driver from the computer manufacturer’s website and install it in Windows 7 compatibility mode to check if that helps.

Follow these steps to install the driver in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

a. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.

b. Right-click on the setup file and click on
    ‘properties’

c. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
    ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 7 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Reply with the status of the issue and we will be glad to offer our assistance.

Srimadhwa B, Jul 15, 2018
Thema:

I need help with DosBox (Windows 10 64bit)

1. I need help with DosBox (Windows 10 64bit) - Similar Threads - need help DosBox

2. DOSBOX could not run on Windows 10 64-bit, but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DOSBOX could not run on Windows 10 64-bit, but...: Observed on System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Version 21H2, OS-Build 19044.1586unlike the previous version of Windows most likely 32 bits, DOSBOX cannot run out-of-the box from a fresh installation.configuring the compatibility mode to "windows vista service pack 2" do not help...
  3. DOSBOX could not run on Windows 10 64-bit, but...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DOSBOX could not run on Windows 10 64-bit, but...: unlike the previous version of Windows most likely 32 bits, DOSBOX cannot run out-of-the box from a fresh installation.configuring the compatibility mode to "windows vista service pack 2" do not help either.when one tries to run DosBox, one would get a frozen state with a...
  4. Windows 10 I need help.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 I need help.: Hey Guys! I have a Lenovo Laptop that has windows 10, originally Windows 7 & its really slow. it came with 4GB of RAM so i got 4 more GB so now it is at 8GB of Ram. Originally had 320GB HDD then I put in 750GB HDD with a freah windows 10 install. I never reinstalled anything...
  5. I need help with windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    I need help with windows 10: I'd prefer to keep using my current version of Windows. Do I have to upgrade? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-with-windows-10/bcc32b2a-5e0a-44b8-8d65-c83a20289407
  6. I need help with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    I need help with Windows 10: Will all of my apps be compatible with windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-with-windows-10/56e859dd-72e6-48e1-8b47-661531562223
  7. Windows 10 64bit

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 64bit: Hello, my name is Frank, I know it's a longshot, but maybe there is a kind individual out there that would be willing to help me out??? I currently am running Windows 7 OS and as you know Microsoft is no longer supporting Windows 7. I am unfortunately in a bad financial...
  8. I need Windows 10 Help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I need Windows 10 Help: I need help but please ignore this for testing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-windows-10-help/7eae3d66-e7f2-4be4-b2f4-d542511b9a8a
  9. windows 10 64bit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 64bit: if it is possibe i want a version of windows 10 64bit run only 64bit application i dont car about 32bit programe every were i know that the only problem in windows 10 64bit that is run 32bit and 64bit in the same time and to run 32bit program on 64bit windows make it...
  10. Help~ Kernel_Security_Check_Failure Windows 10 64bit

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help~ Kernel_Security_Check_Failure Windows 10 64bit: as in the title, i just got this blue screen for two days straight, and the things im doing just before bsod occured : 1. use handbrake (video encoding app) 2. use mkvtoolnix (to merge subtitle into my vid) and the bsod is random, sometime before i start encode, or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dosbox windows 10 help