Windows 10: I need help with music tagging in W10

Discus and support I need help with music tagging in W10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, So I have recently upgraded to 10 (from 7) and I noticed that the properties - details tab is different for music files in 10. They changed (for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by daryl34, Mar 20, 2017.

1. daryl34 Win User

I need help with music tagging in W10

Hi,

So I have recently upgraded to 10 (from 7) and I noticed that the properties - details tab is different for music files in 10. They changed (for example):

W7 Artists = W10 Contributing Artists
    W7 Year = W10 Date released

Those for example are fine because they still retained my previous values in them and just changed the properties. The issue I'm having is with the new Comments property (previously just Comment in 7). My comment value is just blank for all my music in 10 but I know it's still there because I can display it when I load up foobar2000. I'm wondering why this is happening or if there is a fix. I could edit the values in foobar but I prefer to do tag editing in folders instead.

:)

daryl34, Mar 20, 2017

2. file metadata to organize photos and videos

Also the tags need to be applied for multiple files as a batch. I remember having been able to this at some version of Windows, probably before the W10. The tag field is there but empty.

sv_backlit, Mar 20, 2017
  3. 6230i Music Player - problem with track display - HELP!

I've installed MP3tag as mentioned above and was able to change the tags.

I converted all my music to AAC using the Nokia Music Manager.

Opening the "My Documents\My Music\Nokia Music Manager" in MP3tag showed me that all the tags of the converted songs were in ID3v1.

The songs already preloaded on my phone where APEv2(ID3v1 APEv2).

You need to enable a setting in MP3tag to write such tags.

My MP3tag menu is in dutch, but it will be similar in english I presume. In menu Extra (left of Help), choose Options,

On the left choose Ape, Mpc, ... under Tags and ensure that ID3v1 and APEv2 are enabled under Write.

The fastest way to convert multiple tags: select all of your music, click right and choose Delete Tag. After deleting all the tags choose Edit-->Undo and finally click the Save button.

Now the music files have the right tags for the phone.

legacycode, Mar 20, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Mar 20, 2017
  5. daryl34 Win User
    I downloaded that and made a custom profile with the properties that I want to use but it doesn't seem to have changed anything. I restarted explorer.

daryl34, Mar 20, 2017
  6. Barman58 Win User
    Not a user of foobar2000 so cannot comment directly.

I use Mediamonkey Gold and I have found that certain tags are actually held in the Program's own database rather than written to the Metadata Tags in the files themselves.

In MediaMonkey these are confined to the available Custom Tags and the "Last Played" Data and "Number of Plays" data which do not have associated standard Tags.

I'm not sure where foobar2000 stores it's comments but this could be an explanation of your issue, or It could be that it's set-up for a version of the Metadata Tag standard that is different to Windows 10, ( we are on v3 so I assume there may be at least two others), check if this is changeable in Foobar2000 as I know that the V3 added support for a number of tags

I've just checked against some stored MP3's and I can edit all of the displayed tags in Windows explorer, (including the Comment), I am using Windows 10 Pro, rather than Home, so this could be a factor

Barman58, Mar 20, 2017
  7. dalchina New Member
    Have you actually used its File association manager?

dalchina, Mar 20, 2017
  8. daryl34 Win User

I'm just going to use MP3 tag.

daryl34, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. I need help with music tagging in W10 - Similar Threads - need help music

2. need help with groove music

in Windows 10 Gaming
    need help with groove music: im trying to edit the cover for an album but the "edit info" button is not showing up, it works for most of my other albums but not this one, i have it saved the same place i have the others that work saved....
  3. need help with groove music

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    need help with groove music: im trying to edit the cover for an album but the "edit info" button is not showing up, it works for most of my other albums but not this one, i have it saved the same place i have the others that work saved....
  4. W10 File Tags Database or Library

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    W10 File Tags Database or Library: Hi, How do I edit my W10 file tags database ? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/w10-file-tags-database-or-library/17e2517d-4151-4a70-b385-647db21c8a63"
  5. Need help updsting to W10 1909

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help updsting to W10 1909: I need updating to version 1909. Long story short, I think I migh've done something wrong. I installed the LSU before the SSU's and now I cant seem to find the update to version 1909. now on top of that,I'm having the same issue with the search bar as everyone else too (but I...
  6. Need help in downloading music for YouTube videos

Need help in downloading music for YouTube videos: Hi, I make videos on YouTube to provide video tutorials, and guides for Windows Fixes, etc. I need some new resources for music to include then in my videos. Most of the music on YouTube Library is pretty common. I need to some fresh music for the content by copyright...
  7. Music Tags Disappears

Music Tags Disappears: All tags and details from a music mp3 file disappear after I try to add a contributing artist. The cover art disappears as well, however, the music file still plays. How to fix? [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  8. need help with w10 buildin admin

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    need help with w10 buildin admin: hi guys im new here any tool for me that can see the password of built in admin (without replacing or resetting the password}? 35691
  9. Groove Music Ignores Tagging & Metadata

Groove Music Ignores Tagging & Metadata: Hello, Windows 10's Groove Music app ignores every modification I make to albums downloaded from the Microsoft Store. Whether it's song/album titles or cover art, Groove continues to display the music as it was before my changes, while other media players have no problems...
  10. Music controls on W10

Music controls on W10: I was listening to many European radio stations before W10 now nothing works as before. What do I need to do to get the media back. Thanks 20103