Windows 10: I need permission to transfer a file from one folder to another

Discus and support I need permission to transfer a file from one folder to another in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Heya, I am unable to place one file into another folder because I dont have permission to do so, I have changed the owner ship of my C and D... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by SimpleStar, Mar 26, 2016.

1. I need permission to transfer a file from one folder to another

Heya,

I am unable to place one file into another folder because I dont have permission to do so,

I have changed the owner ship of my C and D drive to myself, and everything in it,

But by doing so I am still unable to move the file from one folder into the other, and now my start button does not work, and neither does anything else on my computer, the only thing that does work is opening folders and applications, but I cant click on the start button, or the cortana sign, I cant open the wifi sign, neither the audio button,

everything just stoped working....

Anyone have any idea why ?

:)

SimpleStar, Mar 26, 2016
  2. NormGeltz Win User

Changing Username on new computer

Any time you transfer files from anywhere (another computer, another user - it doesn't matter); once those files are placed into a
    new directory/folder, those files will inherit the permissions associated with the
    new directory/folder in which you are placing those files.

NormGeltz, Mar 26, 2016
  3. I need permission from myself to delete a .vbs file.

Hi Bacun , Fantastic! Glad to know you were able to resolve the problem. Best, Andre Windows Insider MVP MVP-Windows and Devices for IT Andre Da Costa (@adacosta) | Twitter

Andre Da Costa, Mar 26, 2016
  4. Mystere Win User

I need permission to transfer a file from one folder to another

When you changed ownership, did you click the option to replace the ownership of all subfolders?

Mystere, Mar 27, 2016
  5. RolandJS Win User
    Whenever I've applied whole-drive ownership, I've had to restart to reset everything back to Windows ownership.

RolandJS, Mar 27, 2016
  6. Yes I did,

But that did cause my start button and all of the windows programs to stop working, so I had to reset the computer, but now I'm back to square one, still cant move a file, apparently I don't have ownership to open .jpg anymore...

SimpleStar, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

I need permission to transfer a file from one folder to another

1. I need permission to transfer a file from one folder to another - Similar Threads - need permission transfer

2. Transfer of files from one Windows version to another.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transfer of files from one Windows version to another.: I am using Win 10 on my pc and my office people are using win 7. If i send them Word files through email and if they download it in Win 7 then can they see the files without any corruption/changes??...
  3. Transfer of files from one Windows version to another.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer of files from one Windows version to another.: I am using Win 10 on my pc and my office people are using win 7. If i send them Word files through email and if they download it in Win 7 then can they see the files without any corruption/changes??...
  4. I need to transfer user files from one computer to another

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    I need to transfer user files from one computer to another: My elderly friend has an old HP, and bought a new HP computer (Boxed) kit with Win 10 built in. I, as the local computer wizard am tasked with moving her data from the old to the new. (She lives 35 miles of traffic away.) There is a back up drive attached to the old one, but...
  5. Transferring files from one user to another

in Windows 10 Customization
    Transferring files from one user to another: I original set up windows under an account/email that has since be closed. I want to transfer all my files currently on the old user account to my new user account but can't seem to figure this out. Is there a way I can move my files, apps, and setting that are on the old...
  6. Transferring files from one onedrive account to another.

Transferring files from one onedrive account to another.: Hi! I recently changed my microsoft account, and I want to transfer all the files from the old onedrive account. I know there is a transfer flow available, but for some reason it doesn't work. Whenever I try to use it, I receive the following error message. Is there...
  7. Transferring files from one SSD to another

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transferring files from one SSD to another: Can I transfer regular files such as games, apps, and programs from one SSD to another? Like for an example, your default drive is Drive C. You download a file, app, or a program onto your computer and it installs into Drive D. Is there a way that you can move any kind of...
  8. How to transfer files, folders and apps from one account to another.

How to transfer files, folders and apps from one account to another.: Hello! I am going to log out of the microsoft account I am on right now and I am going to log into another account, I wanted to know how to send all my files and folders and apps to my other account. I have seen many people ask how to do this but all the questions and replies...
  9. File transfer to another folder

File transfer to another folder: How do you send a file in user downloads to a folder in Computer Hard Disc Drives OS C:? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-transfer-to-another-folder/dfe02b69-da6e-4a1b-af29-f4b3fa986fe7
  10. Transferring files from one Microsoft account to another

Transferring files from one Microsoft account to another: This seems to be my month to contact Microsoft. So glad you're here to answer questions. Is it possible to transfer files from one Microsoft account to another? I prefer to have to handle only one account, but circumstances made it necessary to create a new account with an...