Windows 10: I need Ram-Disk advice .

Discus and support I need Ram-Disk advice . in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My system specs are below. I guess the available ram is whats needed ? 8 GB total, 7 usable . I want to try two things : 1. Set up my Browsers,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by OtherWay1982, Mar 1, 2016.

1. I need Ram-Disk advice .

My system specs are below. I guess the available ram is whats needed ? 8 GB total, 7 usable .

I want to try two things :

1. Set up my Browsers, Chrome and Edge, to save their browsing files to the Ram Disk .

2. Run my Drawing application on the Ram-disk so that its lag free. It always slows down when drawing lines and painting .

I'll post links to Ram-Disk makers I'd like to try for this :

A. Ram-disk, by Dataram. OEM server memory upgrades. Dell, HP, IBM, Sun, Oracle, Windows, SQL Server Memory - Dataram

B. Ram-disk plus - Microsoft Certified RamDisk Solutions ( i been leaning towards this one )

:)

OtherWay1982, Mar 1, 2016
  2. Mu4MaHa Win User

I need advice

Hi. I have a Nokia 5800 and something happened to its screen. The whole display is flickering. In brief periods it resumes normal work (1 line stays nevertheless) but still starts to flicker again. I tried updating it, but the problem persists. At the moment
    its firmware is version 52.0.007

Please take a look at the picture, it shows what the problem is. 

I would appreciate any information you can provide me with on how to fix this issue.

25072011081.jpg

Mu4MaHa, Mar 1, 2016
  3. I need advice

Hi, unfortunately your 5800 is suffering from a hardware failure. Visit a Nokia care point for this issue.

Nice wallpaper btwI need Ram-Disk  advice  . ;)

Fender77---01, Mar 1, 2016
  4. putzfimel Win User

I need Ram-Disk advice .

You are better off getting an ssd. I don't think paint programs slow down caching to disk while you are drawing, that would likely be a cpu issue.

putzfimel, Mar 1, 2016
  5. I cant afford a ssd. Since I have 7 GB of usable Ram, this is a cheaper alternative for the meantime. It could get me to the point where i can get a SSD.
    I want to try this . There are not a lot of clear instructions available . What I've see looks promising for what I want to use this for. But since every computer is a bit different, I want some advice how to go about doing that .

6. LMiller7 Win User
    Please do not post in multiple sections of the forum as it causes confusion for all involved.

I have never been a fan of a RAMDisk on a modern OS. Modern operating systems have a sophisticated caching system that provides most of the benefits of a RAMDisk with fewer problems. And it is active right out of the box with no configuration necessary. In most cases a RAMDisk is a poor use of memory. You might improve some aspect of performance but overall system performance will suffer.

LMiller7, Mar 1, 2016
  7. Your right.

seems its not worth doing on my system. since i had a crash from this. i might as well stop while i have a pc left .

8. moorken Win User

I need Ram-Disk advice .

You can easily get 256Gb SSD drives for $90 thats not such a big investment anymore

moorken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

I need Ram-Disk advice .

1. I need Ram-Disk advice . - Similar Threads - need Ram Disk

2. I need help or advice

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help or advice: My pc will boot normally and everything hit it won’t connect to my monitor and my mouse also doesn’t work. I’ve tried restarting. The pc, fully powering everything down, checking connections on different ports tried removing all the peripherals and restarting, removing and...
  3. I need help or advice

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help or advice: My pc will boot normally and everything hit it won’t connect to my monitor and my mouse also doesn’t work. I’ve tried restarting. The pc, fully powering everything down, checking connections on different ports tried removing all the peripherals and restarting, removing and...
  4. Disk cleanup advice...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk cleanup advice...: I have several small partitions on Disk 0, a 2 TB Samsung Evo Pro SSD. I am wondering which of them, if any, are essential to the good working of my Windows 10 system. Perhaps some are left-overs from my foray into a dual boot with Linux Mint. I recoverd the main Mint...
  5. I need some advice please

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    I need some advice please: I'm shopping for a new laptop and I wonder if it's a good to pay extra the nvidia rtx 2070 instead of nvidia gtx 1650 ti? Thank you I would appreciate you opinion win 19042. 630 170618
  6. I need some advice?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I need some advice?: Well, I have been programming a bot for GTA Online for a while now. This allows you to stay online, create single lobbies and mute the GTA window. My question: Can I get in trouble for that, because I basically exploit security holes. Be a bit scared after what happened to...
  7. New to disk imaging/cloning - need advices

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New to disk imaging/cloning - need advices: A generic question so I don't think I need to provide any specific info. My computers are Windows 10 64-bit. Having trouble recently with some of my computers, and usually people/diagnosis software point out the culprit is the failing hard drives. Whether they're right or...
  8. New to disk imaging/cloning - need advices

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New to disk imaging/cloning - need advices: A generic question so I don't think I need to provide any specific info. My computers are Windows 10 64-bit. Having trouble recently with some of my computers, and usually people/diagnosis software point out the culprit is the failing hard drives. Whether they're right or...
  9. I need Ram-Disk advice ( this the right section for this Question ? )

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    I need Ram-Disk advice ( this the right section for this Question ? ): I need Ram-Disk advice . My system specs are below. I guess the available ram is whats needed ? 8 GB total, 7 usable . I want to try two things : 1. Set up my Browsers, Chrome and Edge, to save their browsing files to the Ram Disk . 2. Run my Drawing...
  10. Problem about RAM & Hardware reserved. Need advice.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Problem about RAM & Hardware reserved. Need advice.: ASUS Laptop with 4 GB RAM (2 slot RAM with each 2 GB) but only 1.6 GB usable & 2.4 GB (Hardware reserved). Even i reinstal this Windows 10 x64, this Hardware reserved still 2.4 GB. What can i do before replace / exchange position slot memory or update BIOS ? I attach my...