Windows 10: I Need To Change My MBR PC To GPT Based PC

Discus and support I Need To Change My MBR PC To GPT Based PC in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello All, In preparation of installing Windows 10 Anniversary Edition, I would like to change my old MBR based PC to a GPT based PC. What is the best... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Rocky, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Rocky Win User

I Need To Change My MBR PC To GPT Based PC

Hello All,
    In preparation of installing Windows 10 Anniversary Edition, I would like to change my old MBR based PC to a GPT based PC. What is the best way to accomplish this? I am already done converting all of my drives to GPT except my C: drive, do I change that before, during or after installing the new edition of Windows 10? My system is based on:

Intel Haswell i5 4690
    Asus motherboard, Z-97 A
    Crucial 256 GB SSD

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Rocky, Jul 28, 2016

2. Windows 10 Security Update Bricked my AMD based PC and unable to re-install Windows 10 Pro due to GPT partition

With this in mind I could convert the disk to MBR, then install Windows and all applications.

NOT

If he has UEFI GPT, you are not converting to a BIOS based PC with a MBR.

seahawks65, Jul 28, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Security Update Bricked my AMD based PC and unable to re-install Windows 10 Pro due to GPT partition

Yes, he can after telling the BIOS to use the "Legacy Mode".

Frederik Long, Jul 28, 2016
  4. topgundcp Win User

topgundcp, Jul 28, 2016
  5. Rocky Win User
    Rocky, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. I Need To Change My MBR PC To GPT Based PC - Similar Threads - Need Change MBR

2. MBR To GPT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MBR To GPT: Hello there!I have installed Windows 11 with a weird way I found on Youtube.Although my system supports all the specifications to run Windows 11 and I am stuck at the secure boot thing.I activated Secure Boot from my motherboard and now I have to run MBR2GPT.EXE and an error...
  3. MBR To GPT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MBR To GPT: Hello there!I have installed Windows 11 with a weird way I found on Youtube.Although my system supports all the specifications to run Windows 11 and I am stuck at the secure boot thing.I activated Secure Boot from my motherboard and now I have to run MBR2GPT.EXE and an error...
  4. If i delete volume gpt to mbr i dont need partition converter or if i convert mbr to gpt...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    If i delete volume gpt to mbr i dont need partition converter or if i convert mbr to gpt...: If i delete volume gpt to mbr i dont need partition converter or if i convert mbr to gpt without deleting volume it removes data built in tool or if i remove does it remove data whats worse if my partition was gpt gpt to mbr is much worse or mbr to gpt if i delete or not...
  5. MBR to gpt

MBR to gpt: Hello I hAd installed the window but I didn't know this will cause problems later on I installed the window in MBR but later on when I install linux in dual boot it cause problems So how I do convert mbr to gpt without loss of data and...
  6. Change MBR partition to GPT, OS and MBR on separate disks

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change MBR partition to GPT, OS and MBR on separate disks: I'm trying to convert my MBR partition (which is on an HDD) to a GPT-based boot record, but my OS install is on an SSD (i.e. a different drive than the MBR). I'm not exactly sure how this happened when I was installing Windows; I think the HDD was set as disk 0 while the SSD...
  7. MBR/GPT

MBR/GPT: How do I convert a MBR 7200 RPM HDD to GPT so I can install 64bit Win 10 Home? I have a 2014 HP All-in - One I had upgraded to an SSD - two years later it failed (about 3 weeks ago. I bought a new SSD - It was a 3D Nand(?) drive. It worked for 2 days. then started...
  8. MBR or GPT ????

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MBR or GPT ????: hello, I had my 120GB SDD replaced by a 480GB one and made a clean install of win10 got an adapter to use the small SDD as an external backup disk I get a window demanding that I initialize the disk I do not have a clue what I should select...MBR or GPT ? *Huh I intend...
  9. GPT or MBR

GPT or MBR: Or MBR or GPT Asus laptop with 8.1 installed. One disk, 2 partitions. I've installed 10 a number of times, VM and dual boot on desktop. Went to install 10, dual boot. When I got to picking the partition, said "Cannot be installed, selected disk is of the MBR partition...
  10. MBR or GPT

MBR or GPT: Well I have to do my windows 10 over the right way, I thought I installed a clean install but apparently I didn't so I have instructions how to do it the right way. My question is back when I was having other issues with 10 it was mentioned about using GPT instead of the MBR....