Windows 10: I need to enable VIRTUALIZATION setting in my bios please

Discus and support I need to enable VIRTUALIZATION setting in my bios please in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Please, could someone help me, as Kaspersky alerts me to a warning that I need to enable virtualization. They say:- Protection against screenshots is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by papeter, Mar 30, 2016.

1. papeter Win User

I need to enable VIRTUALIZATION setting in my bios please

Please, could someone help me, as Kaspersky alerts me to a warning that I need to
    enable virtualization. They say:- Protection against screenshots is disabled.

I am not great on the technical front, and I am told I need to get into my bios to
    enable this setting so that I get full protection from Kaspersky.

I am grateful for any help you could offer me. I have a 64 bit laptop in Win 10.

Thanks

:)

papeter, Mar 30, 2016

2. Virtualization: how to enable on Window 10 (Lenovo Y-50)

Hello! I need to enable a feature called virtualization on my computer. I have used the Intel Processor Identification Key to determine that Intel Virtualization Technology is supported on my computer. Unfortunately, the default setting is for virtualization
    to be disabled (I have used Speccy to confirm that mine is currently disabled). In older versions of windows you could enter the BIOS to change this setting and enable virtualization. Can anybody please help me?

AlexanderBouril, Mar 30, 2016
  3. UEFI Firmware Settings Missing

Yea, I enabled Virtualization, selected Save Changes And Exit, then clicked F10 to confirm. VT-x was not an option though, and after enabling Virtualization, VirtualBox still didn't work. It needs VT-x, whatever that is.

jesusFreak1380, Mar 30, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

First thing I would do is uninstall Kaspersky. But...if you really want to keep it, there are a few ways to get into your bios.

Try this first, easiest way:
    UEFI Firmware Settings - Boot to from inside Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

If that doesn't work, then shutdown your computer by going to the power icon, and hold down shift key when you click shutdown. That will override Windows 10 Fast Startup. Once the computer shuts down all way, press the power key to turn it back on. Immediately start tapping the key to enter bios setup - which is probably F2 for your Acer 7741. It might also be ESC, DEL, or another F-Key, but a quick Google search said F2 was it.

Or you can click on Restart from the power icon without holding down the shift key. When the computer goes blank, like it is ready to power off and just starts to reboot, start pressing the key to enter bios setup.

NavyLCDR, Mar 30, 2016
  5. papeter Win User
    Thank you, I will have a crack at this later. Incidentally, I presume you don't like Kaspersky....can you recommend an alternative?

papeter, Mar 30, 2016
  6. Hydranix Win User
    All "anti-virus suites" are trash in my experience. It's a dying industry that is resorting to shady tactics to maintain revenue.

Windows 10 has enough protection in place, so long as the user does not ignore the UAC and SmartScreen notifications. If you must though, combine ADWCleaner and a portable anti virus on-demand-scanner with Windows Defender.

My opinion.

Hydranix, Mar 30, 2016
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    Built-in Windows defender and using your head.

1. I run Mozilla Firefox for a browser with adblock plus installed. That eliminates most of the pop-ups and ads that install malware.
    2. If you get a pop to clean your computer, make it run faster, scan it, etc. look for the little X to close the window. If it isn't apparent how to close the windows then CTRL-ALT-DEL start task manager and kill the browser process.
    3. When installing programs always make sure the EULA you are agreeing to is what you actually want to install.
    4. When installing programs always select the custom or advanced install option and make sure you are only installing what you want to install.
    5. Most malware - like those FBI ransom screens, "pay $$$ or we will lock your computer" - can be cleaned by simply running CCLeaner followed by Windows built-in disk cleanup.

In the past decade my computer has had pop-up malware on it twice, both times just a good cleaning of the internet cache (step 5 above) removed the pop-up. I've cleaned several computers for friends that got the malware despite running everything from Norton, McAfee, and Kaspersky. Careful clicking is a much more effective defense.

I completely agree, obviously.

NavyLCDR, Mar 30, 2016
  8. papeter Win User

Great information about these AV suites. I've had them all over the last 20 years and they all suck. So if I ditch Kaspersky I don't need to mess around with the virtualization in BIOS?

Thanks for your help, most appreciated.

papeter, Apr 1, 2016
  9. NavyLCDR New Member
    That would be correct. If for some reason you need to run something like MalwareBytes from a bootable disk, it does not require virtualization either.

There is also this thread:
    Is paying for antivirus a waste of money? - Windows 10 Forums

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. I need to enable VIRTUALIZATION setting in my bios please - Similar Threads - need enable VIRTUALIZATION

2. Virtualization Enabled in BIOS but not enabled in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virtualization Enabled in BIOS but not enabled in Windows 10: I'm trying to install WSL but I keep getting the same error.Here are some photos of my settings:https://photos.app.goo.gl/D1TLZoWW64rTMXHa7I don't have any 3rd party anti-virus I used toI have VMware verison 16 installed.Any help would be greatly appreciated....
  3. Virtualization Enabled in BIOS but not enabled in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virtualization Enabled in BIOS but not enabled in Windows 10: I'm trying to install WSL but I keep getting the same error.Here are some photos of my settings:https://photos.app.goo.gl/D1TLZoWW64rTMXHa7I don't have any 3rd party anti-virus I used toI have VMware verison 16 installed.Any help would be greatly appreciated....
  4. Virtualization Enabled in BIOS but not enabled in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. virtualization is enabled in bios/uefi but not in windows

virtualization is enabled in bios/uefi but not in windows: Hi I'm trying to use the new WSL2 in windows 10 update 2004. Unfortunately I cannot install any linux distro or hyper-v because windows thinks my cpu does not support virtualization. Intel virtualization is enabled in bios/uefi. system specs: x299 board with intel...
  6. Virtualization enabled in BIOS but not in Windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Virtualization enabled in BIOS but not in Windows 10 ?: Hello Im trying to use Nox player emulator, but its very slow because the Virtualization off, I enabled it on Bios, and I disabled Hyper-V, but when I check in the Task Manger (in Performance) I found it is disabled ! Any help ! 135799
  7. Enable BIOS to allow virtual technology

Enable BIOS to allow virtual technology: Please help, a. How to Enable CPU Virtualization in my Surface's BIOS (in Windows 10 Pro) - soon after I restart the computer, I cannot get in BIOS screen, please help (actually I could not successfully import "OVF" format file into virtual box) b....
  8. Enable virtualization in bios :/

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Enable virtualization in bios :/: Used this tool, Download Microsoft® Hardware-Assisted Virtualization Detection Tool from Official Microsoft Download Center No go VMware said the same thing boo-hoo anyone have instruction to enable in bios ? Spec's are added, Cheers. 2935
  9. Virtualization enabled in bios but not working

Virtualization enabled in bios but not working: Hi there, I am trying to run a program which recommends enabling hardware visualization. I have followed the steps to enable Intel VT in uemi/bios menu. However Task Manager says that Virtualization is disabled, despite the fact that I have turned it on in the uemi/bios??...
  10. Virtualization enabled in BIOS but programs not detecting it

Virtualization enabled in BIOS but programs not detecting it: I hope you guys can help. I was running Nox app player just fine for weeks. The other day it started running badly and reported that I should enable vt in bios. It is enabled in bios. Task Manager reports virtualization enabled under cpu. AMD virtualization util reports that...