Windows 10: I Need to Run two Version of Firefox

Discus and support I Need to Run two Version of Firefox in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have windows 10 pro running in GPT Partation UEFI I need to set up Firefox version 47 (32 Bit) This version of 47 will Run My Security Camera So I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by john32068, Oct 27, 2017.

1. john32068 Win User

I Need to Run two Version of Firefox

I have windows 10 pro running in GPT Partation UEFI

I need to set up Firefox version 47 (32 Bit) This version of 47 will Run My Security Camera So I can view my cameras in in this browser. This version I can install my plugin IPCWebComponents All firefox updates after version 47 will not Install my plugin IPCWebComponents .Version 47 is the last version as of present time (Note Chrome and palemoon does not support this plugin any longer)
    I noticed that version 47 is the last version that downloads as an .exe file.
    After FF47 they started using a download manager installer that automatically downloads the Current version

I want to use the current version of Firefox (I FF version 58 Firefox Nightly Beta running at the present time as my regular daily browser set to keep updated, and ver 47 set to never to update
    I do use chrome some, but I can control and move my bookmarks better with firefox

Can anyone help me out with how to setup to so I can install the two versions of Firefox
    John *Confused

:)

john32068, Oct 27, 2017

2. two seperate firefox 32 bit task running using up lots of memory

I show in my task manager two separate firefox 32-bit task running using up lots of memory. Do I need both of these runnings at the same time

DebbieBostic, Oct 27, 2017
  3. OmerTatar Win User
    Win 10, java plugin on firefox doesn't work

I found this on firefox support, so I have to install 32-bit version of firefox

The Windows 64-bit version of Firefox only has the Flash and Silverlight Plugins whitelisted. If you need Java
    (or any other Plugins) you'll need to use the Windows 32-bit version of Firefox.

OmerTatar, Oct 27, 2017
  4. Edwin New Member

You can run Firefox Developer Edition and Firefox 47 simultaneously, as they use separate profiles but, it would be prudent to restrict 47's connectivity, just to protect yourself.

Edwin, Oct 28, 2017
  5. Not Myself, Oct 28, 2017
  6. john32068 Win User
    I am using version 58 which is beta Firefox Developer Edition. It will be released on Nov 14th they saying which will then update to final version and wont be separate any more. I want ver 47 32 bit, and my everyday version will be 64 bit ver

john32068, Oct 28, 2017
  7. john32068 Win User
    what do you mean Firefox Developer Edition I may not be thinking the same thing
    I am a greenhorn at this tech stuff (well maybe a little above greenhorn)

john32068, Oct 28, 2017
  8. Edwin New Member

Just make sure you have the Dev Edition:

I Need to Run two Version of Firefox [​IMG]

and your version 47;

It seems, right now, the Beta and Dev is in a merge state, perhaps in preparation for release

Nightly is version 58 currently

Edwin, Oct 28, 2017
  9. Firefox 58 is The Nightly Build of Firefox, the release on 11/14 is Firefox 57 which is currently at Beta 12.

Josey Wales, Oct 28, 2017
  10. john32068 Win User
    I Got My two Firefox Versions set up now

My main Firefox browser is Firefox version 56 (64 bit) version install in Programs Files folder I renamed the desktop icon 56
    I then Installed Firefox 47.01 (32 Bit) Version and it in program files (x86)
    And renamed the desktop icon 47. I could not use the Bookmarks because of a conflict, so I opened up the profile folder and created a new Profile name it Foscam ( for my security camera’s )
    Clicked run Firefox
    Setup my Bookmarks the and installed IPCWebComponents now all my security camers are viewable from my browser now
    I found several ways of doing this but the way I did it was the easiest
    Case closed
    Thanks for the input from the peopled who reply

john32068, Oct 30, 2017
  11. meebers Win User
    I can run my security cameras on one monitor/window by using I.E. and FF for other stuff!

meebers, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. I Need to Run two Version of Firefox - Similar Threads - Need Run Version

2. Firefox ESR super stable version vs Firefox stable version

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox ESR super stable version vs Firefox stable version: i am using Firefox ESR super stable version because Firefox ESR is super stable version more a lot than Firefox stable version What do you think? 182896
  3. Need permission to load Firefox

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Need permission to load Firefox: When I try to load Firefox I get the message You’ll need to ask an adult in your family if you can use Firefox. But I am the administrator and an adult. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-permission-to-load-firefox/233d6aff-c25e-4e2e-99d2-3a8028c01a74
  4. Need to remove a Firefox... "improvement"

in Browsers and Email
    Need to remove a Firefox... "improvement": I run FF 86.0.1 (Windows 10), as a windows, rather than full screen. Occasionally, a link I click on at some site generates a smaller windows saying... "We're having trouble reaching that site". This new windows is smaller than the FF windows I run, and seems to be centered...
  5. I want to swap the Windows versions running on two separate laptops.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I want to swap the Windows versions running on two separate laptops.: Hi, I currently have 2 computers: 1 A laptop running a Windows 10 Pro which I recently updated via the Windows store [This came originally with OEM Windows 8 Home which I updated for free to Windows 10 Home and now to Windows 10 Pro] 2 And another new laptop that I bought...
  6. Firefox video is running but I have no sound?

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox video is running but I have no sound?: Hello, I'm watching a video of the university. Windows 10. Browser Firefox. [ATTACH] The video's playing, but I don't have sound. With other videos, e.g. via youtube, everything works fine. The lecturer who set the video said that it would work fine under...
  7. Running multiple Java versions and managing two applications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Running multiple Java versions and managing two applications: Dear All, I wish to run two applications that run on different java versions in two different browsers on Windows 10. First application uses Java 1.6 and runs on Safari browser whereas second application uses latest Java and runs on Internet explorer. I do not want to use...
  8. Why does ONE Firefox page need 5 or 6 Firefox processes running, as shown in Task Manager ?...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why does ONE Firefox page need 5 or 6 Firefox processes running, as shown in Task Manager ?...: Hello Community, I restart my Windows 10 desktop PC. Then I open my Firefox browser. When I check Task Manager, I see that 4, 5, 6 or more Firefox processes are running. Not just one. WHY ? How to FIX ? Regards, Gary...
  9. Firefox 64 bit needed

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox 64 bit needed: Hi. I tried to get firefox 64 bit with no luck from Download Firefox — Free Web Browser — Mozilla Please help. Thanks. 79082
  10. I Need Two Run Two Versions of Software. Windows Instaler Will not Let

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I Need Two Run Two Versions of Software. Windows Instaler Will not Let: I run HPTuners Tuning and Diagnostics software for my vehicles. They have since came out with a completely new platform V3.0xxx. On one vehicle I have all set on V2.0.xxx and to migrate it to V3.0.xxx would be a disaster. In Win7 its a matter of renaming the v2.0.xxx...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. running two versions of firefox window 10

2. run 2 different versions of firefox