Windows 10: I Need Two Run Two Versions of Software. Windows Instaler Will not Let

Discus and support I Need Two Run Two Versions of Software. Windows Instaler Will not Let in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I run HPTuners Tuning and Diagnostics software for my vehicles. They have since came out with a completely new platform V3.0xxx. On one vehicle I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by gapi, Sep 3, 2016.

1. gapi Win User

I Need Two Run Two Versions of Software. Windows Instaler Will not Let

I run HPTuners
    Tuning and Diagnostics software for my vehicles.
    They have since came out with a completely new platform V3.0xxx.
    On one vehicle I have all set on V2.0.xxx and to migrate it to V3.0.xxx would be a disaster.

In Win7 its a matter of renaming the v2.0.xxx folder in Program Files(x86) to HPTuners_old. Then create a shortcut to activate the older version.
    Then install V3.0.xxx as normal.

I have tried stopping the windows installer in services, renaming folder, but its no good. I keep getting "There is a newer version, uninstall it, yadda yadda.

Is there any help for this?

:)

gapi, Sep 3, 2016
  2. Frank_Jr Win User

Can I run two versions of DirectX on my computer

I ran the dxdiag tool,
    dxdiag
    one of the games is "Rome: Total War" and its Expansion - "Barbarian Invasion" the Disk version, and I also have the same game on Steam they both tell me I need DX version 9.0x to run

Frank_Jr, Sep 3, 2016
  3. BossDweeb Win User
    Can I run two versions of DirectX on my computer

Win 10 has four DirectX versions, 9/10/11/12 . MS only promotes the highest version the Windows version

in question is capable of using.

Windows does not decide which particular DX file of files a game uses. This is done by the game.

- You can find out which DirectX Feature levels your graphics processor is capable of using inDirectX diagnostics

( type dxdiag into the Run Command), under the Display tab.

- The first thing to do, particularly if you are using a clean installed Win10, is to update DirectX using

the DirectX Web Installer ...

Download DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer from Official Microsoft Download Center

- There are several factors that determine if a game will run. If you list the name of the game or games in question,

and the brand and model graphics processor your machine uses, we will have a better idea of what

problems you may face.

The biggest issue on Win10 when trying to install or launch many
    disk based games released earlier than '07 is

a 'feature' that MS has built into Win10 - DRM Blocking. I have more details on this in my post at

--- this thread ---

Other issue begin to arise with games released prior to '02.

BossDweeb, Sep 3, 2016
  4. altae Win User

You can use a program called "Sandboxie". It let's you create virtual environments, so called sandboxes. Within those sandboxes you can install a program independently from your real system. E. g. I use it for having two different configurations of Mp3Tag, one for my music collection (UTF-16 tags) on my hard drive and one for mp3's that I've converted for my car stereo which needs Iso compatible tags in order to display tags. This way I don't need to reconfigure Mp3Tag whenever I want to tag mp3's for my car stereo.

There is a basic version that comes for free (with restrictions) and a full featured paid version.

altae, Sep 5, 2016
  5. gapi Win User
    Thank You, I wound up uninstalling the newer version. Installing the older which has the option of where to install. The newer version does not have this option.
    So I installed the old version to a folder name unlike the default, then let the newer version do its thing..
    I'm good now, thanks.

gapi, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. I Need Two Run Two Versions of Software. Windows Instaler Will not Let - Similar Threads - Need Run Versions

2. How to install two OSs and let two OSs not share files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to install two OSs and let two OSs not share files?: Hi!I want to know how to make 2 OSs work independently in one PC.I have only one computer but i have 1 SSD500GB and 1 HDD1TB. I have two systems windows10 OS and windows11 OS. I installed windows 11 in 500G SSD and was using both 500G SSDwith windows11 OS and 1T HDDno OS...
  3. How to install two OSs and let two OSs not share files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to install two OSs and let two OSs not share files?: Hi!I want to know how to make 2 OSs work independently in one PC.I have only one computer but i have 1 SSD500GB and 1 HDD1TB. I have two systems windows10 OS and windows11 OS. I installed windows 11 in 500G SSD and was using both 500G SSDwith windows11 OS and 1T HDDno OS...
  4. How to install two OSs and let two OSs not share files?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to install two windows10 systems and let two systems not share files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to install two windows10 systems and let two systems not share files?: Hi!I want to know how to make 2 OSs work independently in one PC.I have only one computer but i have 1 SSD500GB and 1 HDD1TB. I have two systems windows10 OS and windows11 OS. I installed windows 11 in 500G SSD and was using both 500G SSDwith windows 11 and 1T HDDno system...
  6. How to install two windows10 systems and let two systems not share files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to install two windows10 systems and let two systems not share files?: Hi!I want to know how to make 2 OSs work independently in one PC.I have only one computer but i have 1 SSD500GB and 1 HDD1TB. I have two systems windows10 OS and windows11 OS. I installed windows 11 in 500G SSD and was using both 500G SSDwith windows 11 and 1T HDDno system...
  7. How to install two windows10 systems and let two systems not share files?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. two versions of windows 10 installed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    two versions of windows 10 installed: my computer tells me i have 2 versions of windows 10 installed and memory is low. it says it can assist but states warning, can not read warning so when i click on the window to expand it, it goes away. what should be done....
  9. I want to swap the Windows versions running on two separate laptops.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I want to swap the Windows versions running on two separate laptops.: Hi, I currently have 2 computers: 1 A laptop running a Windows 10 Pro which I recently updated via the Windows store [This came originally with OEM Windows 8 Home which I updated for free to Windows 10 Home and now to Windows 10 Pro] 2 And another new laptop that I bought...
  10. I Need to Run two Version of Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    I Need to Run two Version of Firefox: I have windows 10 pro running in GPT Partation UEFI I need to set up Firefox version 47 (32 Bit) This version of 47 will Run My Security Camera So I can view my cameras in in this browser. This version I can install my plugin IPCWebComponents All firefox updates after...