Windows 10: I only want one sign in option

Discus and support I only want one sign in option in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; In a small organizational setting with limited tech support or knowledge about Windows 10 pro. One of our staff has noticed that some of the computers... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by dgbc1902, Feb 1, 2016.

1. dgbc1902 Win User

I only want one sign in option

In a small organizational setting with limited tech support or knowledge about Windows 10 pro. One of our staff has noticed that some of the computers have the option of signing in with a Microsoft account. We only want our users to sign in to our domain with their ID and password that has been given to them. Is there any way to lock the sign in screen so that the only option they have to sign in is the domain using the credentials provided to them? The individual who set up these computers is no longer here so I am uncertain as to what they did to provide this sign in option. We are looking to do this to provide continuity from work station to work station, security, tracking ect. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

dgbc1902, Feb 1, 2016

2. i can not sign in to my computer... the only option i have is the pin page

this morning i swiped my touch pad.... and my computer said windows was installing updates... 30 min later.. i turned it on.. it went to the "pin" sign in screen (the only one i can get to) i entered my pin... it says "the pin is incorrect. try again"

Steve Krug, Feb 1, 2016
  3. i can not sign in to my computer... the only option i have is the pin page

Hi Steve,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if PIN is not entered correctly.

I recommend you to try to use the On-Screen Keyboard to enter the computer.

1. At the login page.

2. Click on Ease of Access icon which is present on the bottom right corner of the screen.

3. Then select On-Screen Keyboard
    from the list.

4. Click on PIN box and enter the correct PIN into it through On-Screen Keyboard.

Also try to check the issue with another keyboard.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with logging into the computer, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Feb 1, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello and welcome to this Forum *Smile

I would suggest that the best way is to remove these Microsoft accounts from the computers so that there is no choice offered. You will need to log on as an administrator to do this using one of the domain admin accounts. The tutorial below shows you how to delete user accounts if you are not aware how to do this. Standard Domain users should be prevented from creating new accounts in their set up.

https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/threads/delete-user-account-in-windows-10.8975/?filter[1]=User Accounts

philc43, Feb 2, 2016
  5. dgbc1902 Win User
    Thanks for the tip philc43. I may not have time to check this out today but hopefully tomorrow. Will post my results.

dgbc1902, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. I only want one sign in option - Similar Threads - sign option

2. my computer wont show a sign in option after I tried to safe reboot or go into safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my computer wont show a sign in option after I tried to safe reboot or go into safe mode: my keyboard wont work, it wont show the time, I can only use the 3 things on the bottom and it lets me use my keyboard but never for anything useful such as any other type of reboot or recover backif it says there is no image please reply idkif you know of a fix or what this...
  3. my computer wont show a sign in option after I tried to safe reboot or go into safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my computer wont show a sign in option after I tried to safe reboot or go into safe mode: my keyboard wont work, it wont show the time, I can only use the 3 things on the bottom and it lets me use my keyboard but never for anything useful such as any other type of reboot or recover backif it says there is no image please reply idkif you know of a fix or what this...
  4. Can’t sign in without internet. Not option to sign out either.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can’t sign in without internet. Not option to sign out either.: Got a new computer and signed in yesterday, was connected to wifi and everything was fine. When going to a different location without wifi I cannot sign in without wifi. There is also no option to sign in without wifi or to sign out....
  5. Can’t sign in without internet. Not option to sign out either.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t sign in without internet. Not option to sign out either.: Got a new computer and signed in yesterday, was connected to wifi and everything was fine. When going to a different location without wifi I cannot sign in without wifi. There is also no option to sign in without wifi or to sign out....
  6. Can’t sign in without internet. Not option to sign out either.

7. Windows 11 Home, Sign in click doesn't show sign in options just shows lock screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Home, Sign in click doesn't show sign in options just shows lock screen.: When I try to open the computer I was supposed to enter the password, but instead the login appeared, and when I pressed it for a few seconds, the word “Welcome” appears and disappears.And it remains on the lock screen Please I need your help Please I need your help. I tried...
  8. Windows 11 Home, Sign in click doesn't show sign in options just shows lock screen.

Windows 11 Home, Sign in click doesn't show sign in options just shows lock screen.: When I try to open the computer I was supposed to enter the password, but instead the login appeared, and when I pressed it for a few seconds, the word “Welcome” appears and disappears.And it remains on the lock screen Please I need your help Please I need your help. I tried...
  9. Windows 11, forgot pin and can't use other sign in options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11, forgot pin and can't use other sign in options: I tried logging in with my fingerprint but some reason it didn't work and then said needs pin to sign in, I can't log in to my laptop at all, I forgot my pin and I unfortunately don't have my pin with me to type it out I usually have my passwords and pins written down...
  10. Windows 11, forgot pin and can't use other sign in options

Windows 11, forgot pin and can't use other sign in options: I tried logging in with my fingerprint but some reason it didn't work and then said needs pin to sign in, I can't log in to my laptop at all, I forgot my pin and I unfortunately don't have my pin with me to type it out I usually have my passwords and pins written down...