Windows 10: I plugged my drive in, it shows light but windows shows nothing. Is the drive corrupted?...

Discus and support I plugged my drive in, it shows light but windows shows nothing. Is the drive corrupted?... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; it DOES NOT HELP that i go in disk mng,file explorer,devices and drivers,Please help meee... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Artur Ciumac, Dec 4, 2023.

1. I plugged my drive in, it shows light but windows shows nothing. Is the drive corrupted?...

it DOES NOT HELP that i go in disk mng,file explorer,devices and drivers,Please help meee

:)

Artur Ciumac, Dec 4, 2023
  2. Lazzer408 Win User

help. USB drive isn't assigned a drive letter.

Any usb flash drive I plug into my computer isn't assigned a drive letter. The physical drive shows in the "safely remove hardware" but it doesnt show up in disk management. I have tried to populate the volume thru the safely remove hardware properties window and it does pop up in the list but it doesn't stay there. This isn't a format or assign a letter problem. It's more complicated then that. Maybe one of the services needed for usb drive management was disabled? Suggestions needed. btw external usb harddrives work fine.

Lazzer408, Dec 4, 2023
  3. $immond$ Win User
    Windowed Hard Drives

On the contrary, showing off "slow tech" by adding a window to a hard drive is a "dumb" idea. Do you really want to be showing off a whole "7200-10000 RPM of power" or would you rather show off a plain SSD drive? (If you really desire to "show off")

Adding any window to any drive is just stupid. I just suggested an easier option for you since manufactures don't put windows on the latest hard drives.

$immond$, Dec 4, 2023
  4. I plugged my drive in, it shows light but windows shows nothing. Is the drive corrupted?...

My External Toshiba DVD Drive doesn't show up

Hi Charsmann,

The above issue might occur if a drive letter is not allotted to the external drive.

Please reply, did you try removing and re-plugging the driver to the PC?

Since the drive shows in Device manager, I suggest you to remove the external drive and re-plug to check if the issue is resolved.

If the issue persists, check if you are able to open the drive via
    Disk management
    by following the steps below:

• Connect the external drive to the PC, press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Disk management option from the context menu. Check if the drive is visible in the window.
    • If visible, right click on the external drive and select Open. Check if you are able to open the drive in
      File Explorer.
    • Close the Disk management window, open File Explorer (Windows logo + E keys on the keyboard) and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the external drive not showing in File Explorer on the PC for further assistance. Your reply is important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Dec 4, 2023
Thema:

I plugged my drive in, it shows light but windows shows nothing. Is the drive corrupted?...

1. I plugged my drive in, it shows light but windows shows nothing. Is the drive corrupted?... - Similar Threads - plugged drive shows

2. Drives not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drives not showing: My drives disappeared from File Explorer. I think I was able to recover one of the USB drives F. What can I do to restore these drives. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drives-not-showing/826c9cf0-62a3-43ef-95e9-55e780289713
  3. I plugged my drive in, it shows light but windows shows nothing. Is the drive corrupted?...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I plugged my drive in, it shows light but windows shows nothing. Is the drive corrupted?...: it DOES NOT HELP that i go in disk mng,file explorer,devices and drivers,Please help meee https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-plugged-my-drive-in-it-shows-light-but-windows/776f8e6c-95c3-4dea-afeb-213f92542655
  4. I plugged my drive in, it shows light but windows shows nothing. Is the drive corrupted?...

I plugged my drive in, it shows light but windows shows nothing. Is the drive corrupted?...: it DOES NOT HELP that i go in disk mng,file explorer,devices and drivers,Please help meee https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-plugged-my-drive-in-it-shows-light-but-windows/776f8e6c-95c3-4dea-afeb-213f92542655
  5. I plugged my drive in, it shows light but windows shows nothing. Is the drive corrupted?...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. HDD light always on and some drives are not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDD light always on and some drives are not showing: Hello.I have recently update to Windows 10 from Windows 7. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-hard-drive-light-permanently-on-no-hard/19ded7e8-5ef5-418b-b468-e918341999d4 My problem is quite similar to the linked post above. Pretty much all the...
  7. HDD light always on and some drives are not showing

HDD light always on and some drives are not showing: Hello.I have recently update to Windows 10 from Windows 7. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-hard-drive-light-permanently-on-no-hard/19ded7e8-5ef5-418b-b468-e918341999d4 My problem is quite similar to the linked post above. Pretty much all the...
  8. HDD light always on and some drives are not showing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Windows Doesn’t Show Hard Drive Plugged into TV

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Doesn’t Show Hard Drive Plugged into TV: I have a hard drive that I have used to record episodes on from my TV. However when plugging it into my PC, it doesn't show in file Explorer and only shows in disk management. There is no available space and the only option that isn't greyed out is to format the drive but I...
  10. Half of Google Drive shows nothing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Half of Google Drive shows nothing: I've got a new laptop recently, and after being a couple of days working with it, I discovered I couldn't see half of the Google Drive website. Not just one page, but rather almost everything, including whenever someone has to share me a link to download a file and the link...