Windows 10: I purchased the hevc app and cannot find it

Discus and support I purchased the hevc app and cannot find it in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I cannot locate the HEVC app I bought and paid for. It is in my order history. No download. No link to access it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Shirley L., Mar 1, 2024.

1. I purchased the hevc app and cannot find it

I cannot locate the HEVC app I bought and paid for. It is in my order history. No download. No link to access it.

:)

Shirley L., Mar 1, 2024

2. HEVC Extension

Hello LoyalJoshua,

Thank you for responding.

Here are the things we might consider why you have this problem:

• Faulty Microsoft Store services.
    • You're not signed it to the correct Microsoft account where the app is registered.
    • Incompatible app to Windows 11.
    The following are the suggested methods to troubleshoot Microsoft Store and apps issues:

METHOD 1: Install Windows updates

Make sure Windows 11 has the latest update.

1. Select Start > Settings > Windows Update > Check for updates.
    2. If there is an available update, select Install now.
    METHOD 2: Make sure that HEVC Extension app works with Windows 11.

Please see link below for more information about apps that aren't compatible:

Your app doesn't work with Windows

METHOD 3: Update Microsoft Store app

1. In Microsoft Store > Library.
    2. Look for Microsoft Store in the list, if updates is available, proceed in installing it.
    3. Check if it is working now.
    METHOD 4: Sign out and sign back in

Sign out the current account and make sure you sign back in with the right Microsoft account you use when you purchase this app.

1. Open Microsoft Store.
    2. At the upper-right corner, click on the profile icon and select your account.
    3. Click the Sign out button.
    4. Click on the profile icon again and click sign in.
    5. Once done, try to play the video again.
    METHOD 5: Open the video with HEVC Extension app

Try to open the video directly to HEVC Extension app.

1. Open File Explorer, locate where you save the video.
    2. Right-click on it and select Open with.
    3. Then select HEVC Extension app from the list.
    METHOD 6: Reset Microsoft Store

It will reset and delete the app data to resolve common problems.

1. Open Windows Settings > Apps > Apps & features.
    2. Select Microsoft Store app.
    3. Click the Advanced options link and click Reset button.
    4. Check if it's now working.
    METHOD 7: Reinstall HEVC Extension app

If the above steps did not work, try reinstalling the app instead.

1. Open Windows Settings > Apps > Apps & features.
    2. Select HEVC Extension app.
    3. Click the Advanced options link and click Uninstall button.
    4. To reinstall, open Microsoft Store again.
    5. Select Library. Find the app you want to reinstall, and then select Install.
    Let us know the result and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

Best regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator

Mara May M, Mar 1, 2024
  3. GDRtrd Win User
    HEVC Extension Purchase

I have purchased the Windows HEVC extension , received the email confirming purchase. There is no link supplied of information as to how to install it.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you

GDRtrd, Mar 1, 2024
  4. I purchased the hevc app and cannot find it

Where is My App? HEVC

Ok, glad you have things working (or almost?), the payment is done through the MS Store, similar to the Apple App Store I think, and the actual developers get paid by MS, less their cut (15% or so).
    In the apps description it should list the publisher (originator) of the app, so you can check, like this screen grab.

I purchased the hevc app and cannot find it 314343d1610473075t-where-my-app-hevc-pub.jpg

The HEVC and HEIC codecs I installed (about 4 months ago) were both free and published by MS under the description "Tools and Utilities", and still get regular updates, there may be a paid for version also published by MS that I am unaware of. *Smile

Pejole2165, Mar 1, 2024
Thema:

I purchased the hevc app and cannot find it

1. I purchased the hevc app and cannot find it - Similar Threads - purchased hevc app

2. I purchased the hevc app and cannot find it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I purchased the hevc app and cannot find it: I cannot locate the HEVC app I bought and paid for. It is in my order history. No download. No link to access it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-purchased-the-hevc-app-and-cannot-find-it/51109b95-1444-4fc0-87fe-2dfa8961270d
  3. I purchased the hevc app and cannot find it

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I purchased the hevc app and cannot find it: I cannot locate the HEVC app I bought and paid for. It is in my order history. No download. No link to access it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-purchased-the-hevc-app-and-cannot-find-it/51109b95-1444-4fc0-87fe-2dfa8961270d
  4. HEVC purchase

HEVC purchase: I tried to purchase HEVC extention in Microsoft store however it didn't accept my card due to wrong card number. I controlled every information for 10 times with 3 different people but it didn't work out. What should I do?...
  5. HEVC purchase

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HEVC purchase: I tried to purchase HEVC extention in Microsoft store however it didn't accept my card due to wrong card number. I controlled every information for 10 times with 3 different people but it didn't work out. What should I do?...
  6. HEVC purchase

7. HEVC Extension Purchase

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HEVC Extension Purchase: I have purchased the Windows HEVC extension , received the email confirming purchase. There is no link supplied of information as to how to install it. Can anyone help me?Thank you...
  8. HEVC codec purchase

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HEVC codec purchase: I purchased the HEVC codec so my family can watch videos on our media pc. Unfortunately the restricted local users kids can't use the codec. Surely you don't expect everyone using the pc to separately purchase this codec?...
  9. HEVC codec purchase

HEVC codec purchase: I purchased the HEVC codec so my family can watch videos on our media pc. Unfortunately the restricted local users kids can't use the codec. Surely you don't expect everyone using the pc to separately purchase this codec?...
  10. Cannot find App Purchase in Store

Cannot find App Purchase in Store: Split from this thread. I can't find Zoo Tycoon 2 on the Microsoft store... and I know I have bought it. Very confused. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-find-app-purchase-in-store/e1f1ad38-f9a3-40c7-b87b-c3f1ebf07083"