Windows 10: I reacently changed my msconfig settings

Discus and support I reacently changed my msconfig settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So i just change my maximum boot memory to around 200 mb and now my pc crashes when i try to boot. So i made it into automatic repair and i am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Benbobo, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Benbobo Win User

I reacently changed my msconfig settings

So i just change my maximum boot memory to around 200 mb and now my pc crashes when i try to boot. So i made it into automatic repair and i am wondering what to do from there to reset my msconfig settings. Please help, i dont want to have to reset my pc.

:)

Benbobo, Aug 8, 2018

2. msconfig and setting

No I haven't done any changes prior

about the error messages, not when I open msconfig or settings but during the startup, i received a message notifying about
    vcruntime140.dll not found.

Is it related somehow? because i noticed that I cannot open both of them after i received this error message

NazarAlDeen, Aug 8, 2018
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Aug 8, 2018
  4. Jaune Bel Win User

msconfig and setting

Hi Nazar,

There could either be a corrupted or a missing data file that is causing this issue. We'd like to know more information about this issue so we could provide an accurate resolution that will fix this issue. Kindly answer the following:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Are you encountering any error messages upon opening MSConfig and the Settings app on Windows 10? If yes, what is the exact error message?

Corrupted user profile doesn't function normally as it should be and one of its symptoms is the issue that you're encountering. To identify whether the issue is with your current user profile or something else that we'll look for in the future, we suggest
    that you create a new profile with admin privileges and try to open MSConfig and Settings there. If the issue's not occurring on the new user profile, transfer your important and personal files from your current user profile to the new one to avoid further
    data corruption or data loss. You can refer to this article for a complete guide on how to

create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

We'll be waiting for your response.

Jaune Bel, Aug 8, 2018
Thema:

1. I reacently changed my msconfig settings - Similar Threads - reacently changed msconfig

2. Rollback msconfig changes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Rollback msconfig changes: Hello! I've got a following issue: I changed option in msconfig to Diagnostic startup. After that I rebooted my laptop. Some updates have been installed after reboot. And after that I lost access to admin user - pin is not working with error 0x8007139f and I forgot last admin...
  3. i changed boot setting in msconfig my pc is not starting now....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i changed boot setting in msconfig my pc is not starting now....: Hi I Changed The Boot Settings Number of processors option to max and now i cant start my pc I Have One SSD And One HDD When I Started my pc with ssd this is happening and when i started with hdd it works but the hdd is sloww now im asking help from the hdd I dont know what...
  4. i changed boot setting in msconfig my pc is not starting now....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i changed boot setting in msconfig my pc is not starting now....: Hi I Changed The Boot Settings Number of processors option to max and now i cant start my pc I Have One SSD And One HDD When I Started my pc with ssd this is happening and when i started with hdd it works but the hdd is sloww now im asking help from the hdd I dont know what...
  5. i changed boot setting in msconfig my pc is not starting now....

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. How to change msconfig settings via cmd prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change msconfig settings via cmd prompt: Hi all,I made a seemingly pretty dumb decision of selecting 8 cores in msconfig after reading only the available amount would be showing. After rebooting my PC keeps crashing when it tries to load Windows and i cant even go in via safe mode. Is there a way to change this via...
  7. How to change msconfig settings via cmd prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change msconfig settings via cmd prompt: Hi all,I made a seemingly pretty dumb decision of selecting 8 cores in msconfig after reading only the available amount would be showing. After rebooting my PC keeps crashing when it tries to load Windows and i cant even go in via safe mode. Is there a way to change this via...
  8. How to change msconfig settings via cmd prompt

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Blue screen after changing msconfig settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen after changing msconfig settings: I recently upgraded my ram and realised that a whole 8gb was dedicated to hardware. I searched for a way to change this and came across a guy saying you should change the max memory value to 0 and uncheck the box under the boot tab in msconfig, so i blindly followed along. I...
  10. msconfig changes

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    msconfig changes: I took a picture of my msconfig and I noticed that in a day the numbers behind these 8 services changed they were DevicePicker_ DevicesFlow_ MessaginService_ Sync Host_ Contact data_ PrintWorkflow_ User data storage_ user data access_ they all had the same number...