Windows 10: I really need your help!

Discus and support I really need your help! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I ve just moved to a new place and I have no internet cable yet so now I have to use my father in law's wifi connection. He has a pretty big and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by fatpuppy, Dec 8, 2015.

1. fatpuppy Win User

I really need your help!

I ve just moved to a new place and I have no internet cable yet so now I have to use my father in law's wifi connection. He has a pretty big and powerful router with a strong signal. The problem is that the router started to crash after I connected my computer. I can use the wifi for like half a day than the router crashes, it just resets itself and the only way to fix it is to turn it off. He never had this problem with the router. I have a Dell vostro 5470 with windows 10 1511. What I did is I downloaded the 1511 build right from the Media Creation Tool from Microsoft right before they pulled it out because of some privacy bug. I downloaded the ISO and than booted it to a usb stick with Rufus. I have all of the updates installed from Windows Update and the drivers installed themselves. The point is that my computer is clearly doing something to that router because the guy also uses a laptop with windows 7 and has no problem. I tried to connect my own router with an ethernet cable going from his router to mine. After 11 hours it happened again, his router crashed and now all of the ethernet cables going from that router don t work until a reset is done, my router though is doing fine, no crash but it shows that has no internet connection. Any solutions please???

:)

fatpuppy, Dec 8, 2015

2. i really really need your help pls answer quick!

Thanks

One more

im using my mom n73 as a modem

is this okay?

waiting for your reply

thanks
    Message Edited by lightgiver on 22-Jun-200703:48 PM

lightgiver---01, Dec 8, 2015
  3. i really really need your help pls answer quick!

don't worry about that, NSU has taken over the connection to your N80 and let the NSU go until it gives you a message successful or not

likeitlikethat, Dec 8, 2015
  4. sn00ker Win User

I really need your help!

Hi .... And welcome to the Ten Forums .... What you should do is see if his Router has a firmware update and if so update the router. That could help. He's probably going to need to do that since it will require logging into the Router

sn00ker, Dec 8, 2015
  5. fatpuppy Win User
    Any chance that this is my computer's fault? I mean windows 10 is pretty buggy.

fatpuppy, Dec 8, 2015
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Are all of your IPv4 settings for IP address and DNS set to Auto?

NavyLCDR, Dec 8, 2015
  7. fatpuppy Win User
    I am sorry, I don t know where to go to check that, can you please tell me?

fatpuppy, Dec 8, 2015
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

I really need your help!

I'm not at my home computer, but:
    How to Assign a Static IP Address in Windows 7, 8, 10, XP, or Vista

Except that you will want to select the top choices on the IPv4 Properties screen for Obtain an IP address Automatically and Obtain DNS Server address automatically.

You will want to check both your Ethernet and WiFi network adapters.

NavyLCDR, Dec 8, 2015
  9. sn00ker Win User
    If you click Start --- Setting ---Network and Internet --- Ethernet --- click on Change Adapter Options ---then right click Ethernet and select Properties --- then select highlight IPv4 settings - follow by Properties. notice if the settings there is on Auto, the top ones

sn00ker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

I really need your help!

1. I really need your help! - Similar Threads - really need help

2. I really need help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I really need help: Can anyone help me please I have been struggling with this laptop for over a year I can't turn on my wifi I even bought a USB modem hsdpa to be exact but when I put it in it's says no usim and says authenticating then disconnects can anyone help...
  3. I really need help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I really need help: Can anyone help me please I have been struggling with this laptop for over a year I can't turn on my wifi I even bought a USB modem hsdpa to be exact but when I put it in it's says no usim and says authenticating then disconnects can anyone help...
  4. I really need help

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. I really need help!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I really need help!: Hi everyone, i recently started my laptop and it said that EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD Is missing or contains errors. I even tried to boot from usb but that thing still pops up and when i try to boot from CD, my computer restarts and...
  6. I really need help.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I really need help.: Ok so the thing is, i have 1tb of storage on OneDrive at school and one time i installed the app on my Windows 10 computer and everything was fine when i could access my OneDrive through file explorer, but then it started syncing everything onto OneDrive slowing down my pc by...
  7. I really need your help.

I really need your help.: So, I simply cannot access the Windows Update Update tab and when I look at it from the main settings tab it's all greyed out. What I suspect is, I had ransomware, so I did a reset, but my PC sometimes still acts like it has security issues. (Can't access stuff until I change...
  8. I really really really need help with this

I really really really need help with this: Hey i accidentally switched to a microsoft account instead of local on my laptop (windows 10, im pretty sure its the latest version) and just so happened to turn off my computer some time afterwards but i dont remember my microsoft password, it shows the reset password option...
  9. I really need your help please !

I really need your help please !: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Jotaro_Bridge_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f8hwww/i_really_need_your_help_please/
  10. I really need help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I really need help: This is kind of long, but here goes. So one day, I forcefully shut down my PC because my ram was acting up and I blue screened. I shut it down, but when it turned back on, it was saying that it was it was preparing automatic repair, and I thought, ok, whatever, its cool...