Windows 10: I seem to have problems every time I upgrade to win 10

Discus and support I seem to have problems every time I upgrade to win 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've installed 10 a few different times since it launched and I always seem to have problems. The first time I installed it, I ended up having to do a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tim87, Nov 11, 2015.

1. tim87 Win User

I seem to have problems every time I upgrade to win 10

I've installed 10 a few different times since it launched and I always seem to have problems. The first time I installed it, I ended up having to do a factory restore because my pc would lock up each time I would have to restart. That locking up crap during a restart has happened each time I've installed 10! My pc is compatible so why do I have problems every time I install 10? I like 10, but the problems I have whenever I upgrade is not worth it. Anyways, Why does this happen? would it happen if I upgraded to 10 without updating some drivers first like I usually do?

:)

tim87, Nov 11, 2015
  2. Mohan B P Win User

I have a windows 10 upgrade but I seem to have deleted a programme in error and the Start folder is empty in programmes and will not open at the task bar.

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to know what is the error message you are getting.

I suggest you to open the Command Prompt in administrator mode by pressing
    Windows key + X key and click on Command Prompt (Admin) and follow the steps mentioned in the previous reply.

Also I suggest you to run Windows Store Apps troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps.

• Type and select Control Panel in the search box.

• Click on Troubleshooting.

• Click on View all option on the left side of the Windows.

• Click on Windows Store Apps option.

• Click on Next and follow the onscreen instructions.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us with the updated status of the issue for further assistance on Windows. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Nov 11, 2015
  3. I have a windows 10 upgrade but I seem to have deleted a programme in error and the Start folder is empty in programmes and will not open at the task bar.

Hi Riyazur,

Pressing the windows key does not open it either on the keyboard or on my laptop screen. I cannot open the Search the web and Windows icon either

I have looked in settings and AMD Radeon Settings is 'unavailable' and think that this is my problem.

The app store application is not working, I cannot access it.

JacquelineBe4, Nov 11, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Have you tried a clean install?

NavyLCDR, Nov 11, 2015
  5. tim87 Win User
    I have not done a clean install yet because I dont have a flash drive big enough to put the os on. I've either waited for the windows 10 update notification to pop up, or I've done the iso download. Maybe my intel celeron N2830 processor isn't powerful enough to fully handle 10? idk.

tim87, Nov 11, 2015
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    I'm running Windows 10 Pro 64bit on a Celeron J1800 with 4GB RAM with no issues at all.

NavyLCDR, Nov 11, 2015
  7. bro67 Win User
    I ran it on a Intel Core 2 Duo with 4 GB RAM, that is a Dell Inspiron 537s. No issues at all with it on that machine. It actually ran better then 8, when I had to upgrade from Vista to 8, before I could load 10.

You can get 500 GB hard drives from newegg.com for $30, for a Factory Certified Refurb. I got a 1 TB Seagate Constellation drive for $90 a couple of weeks ago. The unit runs a lot faster with the new drive in it.

bro67, Nov 11, 2015
  8. tim87 Win User

Something has to be going wrong when updating drivers before upgrading to 10. Will the problems still happen if I don't update any drivers before upgrading to 10? The first or second time I upgraded to 10 it ran great which made me really like it, but I had to do a factory restore because the locking up started after I updated some drivers. So the problem has to be the new version of a driver that I updated. Maybe the bios update?

tim87, Nov 11, 2015
  9. tomseys Win User
    I had a lot of problems first time I upgraded to Win 10 on my little 2GB HP stream 11. Nothing worked. I ended up doing the upgrade and from there did a "reset" via Settings/ Update and Security/Recovery/Reset to Windows 10 with none of my files kept, sort of like a clean install, and everything after then worked great. I had to reinstall some programs and personal files that I saved on a flash drive but it was worth it.

tomseys, Nov 12, 2015
  10. tomseys Win User
    I think there may be an option to save your files with a reset as well which might be easier and still work. I just got so frustrated chasing problem after problem with the Win 10 upgrade i figured I'd start with a clean slate and everything worked fine after that.

tomseys, Nov 12, 2015
  11. Atomic77 Win User
    It could be that maybe something on your computer is not windows 10 ready.

Atomic77, Nov 12, 2015
  12. tim87 Win User
    What you mean?

tim87, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. I seem to have problems every time I upgrade to win 10 - Similar Threads - seem problems every

2. Problem I have with win 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problem I have with win 10: I'm having a big problem with openning everything. When i try to open cmd or taskmgr it's says - "No such interface supported"I can't open anything beside some apps, Windows antyvirus just simply doesn't work like other antyviruses. Can i do something about this?...
  3. If i have win 10 pro and i upgrade to win 11 will i be upgraded to win 11 pro or home?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If i have win 10 pro and i upgrade to win 11 will i be upgraded to win 11 pro or home?: pretty much the title. I currently have win 10 pro and am curious if i will get upgraded to win 11 pro for free or just win 11 home. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-have-win-10-pro-and-i-upgrade-to-win-11-will/f8ac2091-0980-4452-9069-b59ec2057f62
  4. If i have win 10 pro and i upgrade to win 11 will i be upgraded to win 11 pro or home?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    If i have win 10 pro and i upgrade to win 11 will i be upgraded to win 11 pro or home?: pretty much the title. I currently have win 10 pro and am curious if i will get upgraded to win 11 pro for free or just win 11 home. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-have-win-10-pro-and-i-upgrade-to-win-11-will/f8ac2091-0980-4452-9069-b59ec2057f62
  5. Win 10 Profiles lost every time I restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 Profiles lost every time I restart: Hey, Every time I restart my computer I lose all my profile info and desktop preferences. Not sure if this is hardware or software related. Thought I would start here with software. Any one got any Ideas? Please respond, thanks....
  6. I have a problem I seem to have hit the wrong version of Win I somehow have Pro, Which I...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I have a problem I seem to have hit the wrong version of Win I somehow have Pro, Which I...: Hello I need to know how I am to correct the version of win on my Toshiba I have no activation or lic # from the Home version I had received with the purchase of my PC I am sooo frustrated and confused for months now.. Thank You, So much LIz...
  7. I have a periodic problem on every game I load up (Win 10)

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a periodic problem on every game I load up (Win 10): Hi, this is my first post. In every game that I play, every 10 seconds - 1 minute, my gamedoesn't accept input from keyboard or mouse for about 1-3 seconds. For the sake of convenience, I'll call these "faults". Every time I experience a fault, any button that was being held...
  8. My computer seems to restart every time I turn it on.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer seems to restart every time I turn it on.: My computer had already been acting slower than usual and there were occasional freezes, but other than that it was totally fine. One day, I had pressed update and shut down on my computer as I was about to go to bed. When I woke up, my computer had lost all its file...
  9. Every time I start my PC it seems to be updating

Every time I start my PC it seems to be updating: Hi every time i start my Pc indoors it seems to be updating every time can you help me to resolve this please * Moved from Community Participation Center * Original title: Switch pc on...
  10. Win 10 upgrade seems to have crashed SSD

Win 10 upgrade seems to have crashed SSD: Hello All, My Toshiba Tecra W50 was running fine on Windows 7. Regrettably, I overlooked disabling the popup which automatically scheduled and performed the upgrade to 10. While just exploring a bit to decide whether to keep 10 or use the Settings app to return to 7, I...