Windows 10: I shutdown my computer at night and it is active in the morning - do I have a gremlin?

Discus and support I shutdown my computer at night and it is active in the morning - do I have a gremlin? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently had windows 10 installed on my work computer. When I shutdown at night time and return in the morning the light near the power switch is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Suzanne Noakes, Jul 24, 2018.

1. I shutdown my computer at night and it is active in the morning - do I have a gremlin?

I recently had windows 10 installed on my work computer. When I shutdown at night time and return in the morning the light near the power switch is blinking and the screen is active for me to sign-in, like it has been powered up again. I have checked Power & Sleep settings and I have selected 'Shut down' when I press the power button. Any hints

:)

Suzanne Noakes, Jul 24, 2018

2. The computer shutdown itself restart?

Hi Tín,

A computer can shutdown based on the instructions given to its power settings. If you are using a laptop, there’s an option that when you are just closing a lid, it can shutdown your computer.
    To ensure that we can provide the appropriate resolution to your concern, we’d like to ask you a few questions:

• What were the recent changes made on your computer before you experienced this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What activity are you performing that may trigger to shutdown your computer?
    • Can you provide us a screenshot of your power settings?
    • Are you using a laptop or desktop computer?

We’re looking forward to your response.

Johann Eva, Jul 24, 2018
  3. Wokkk Win User
    Computer can't sleep or shutdown.

Thank you for this fast reply but for some reason, when i woke up this morning, my computer was shutdown. It might have done it automatically during the night I don't know, but what i do know is that my computer can go to sleep and can shutdown properly
    now.

Wokkk, Jul 24, 2018
  4. I shutdown my computer at night and it is active in the morning - do I have a gremlin?

Night Light doesn't automatically turn off in the morning

Hi Wayne Walton,

There could be a number of factors as to why you are experiencing Night Light issue. One possible caused could be due to an outdated graphics driver. You can refer to the steps below on how to troubleshoot Night Light issue is Windows 10:

Method 1: Update the graphics card driver.

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard.
    • On the run command box, type devmgmt.msc, and then hit Enter.
    • Expand Display adapters.
    • Right-click the graphics card driver and then select Update Driver Software.

Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the graphics card driver.

• On the run command box, type devmgmt.msc, and then hit Enter.
    • Expand Display adapters.
    • Right-click the graphics card driver and then select Uninstall.
    • Restart your computer. The Display Adapter Driver will automatically reinstall after the Restart.

Method 3: Reset Night Light settings manually.

This steps will require you to modify some settings in Registry. This is an advanced troubleshooting so I suggest that you create a
    System Restore point so you can go back to this state in case that you will encounter any issues along the process. To create a system restore point, refer to this
    article.

Once you're done creating a system restore point, you may then proceed to modify the registry settings. To do this, refer to the steps below:

• On the run command box, type regedit and then hit
      Enter
    • Navigate to this path:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CloudStore\Store\Cache\DefaultAccount
    • Inside the “DefaultAccount” (folder) key, right-click and delete the following folders:

$$windows.data.bluelightreduction.bluelightreductionstate

$$windows.data.bluelightreduction.settings
    • Restart your computer.

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further if needed.

Monica Cam, Jul 24, 2018
Thema:

I shutdown my computer at night and it is active in the morning - do I have a gremlin?

1. I shutdown my computer at night and it is active in the morning - do I have a gremlin? - Similar Threads - shutdown computer night

2. I turned off my computer for the night, and when i turned it back on in the morning, it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I turned off my computer for the night, and when i turned it back on in the morning, it...: It ust shows a blue screen, with a big samsung logo in the middle, an intel logo in the bottom right side, and it says "F2 Setup F4 Recovery". I've been pressing F12 since i know that it was the button to skip any menu that popped up after starting apart from the regular...
  3. I turned off my computer for the night, and when i turned it back on in the morning, it...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I turned off my computer for the night, and when i turned it back on in the morning, it...: It ust shows a blue screen, with a big samsung logo in the middle, an intel logo in the bottom right side, and it says "F2 Setup F4 Recovery". I've been pressing F12 since i know that it was the button to skip any menu that popped up after starting apart from the regular...
  4. I turned off my computer for the night, and when i turned it back on in the morning, it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Good afternoon/morning/night to everyone reading this, I have a problem with my Asus X543...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Good afternoon/morning/night to everyone reading this, I have a problem with my Asus X543...: Im stuck in a loop. S.M.A.R.T has turned on for no reason and I still don't understand. My last hope if anyone can help me. I tried everything with my knowladge. Hardware is working and everything seems fine. I can't troubleshoot, Find help and not even ASUS support can help....
  6. Good afternoon/morning/night to everyone reading this, I have a problem with my Asus X543...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Good afternoon/morning/night to everyone reading this, I have a problem with my Asus X543...: Im stuck in a loop. S.M.A.R.T has turned on for no reason and I still don't understand. My last hope if anyone can help me. I tried everything with my knowladge. Hardware is working and everything seems fine. I can't troubleshoot, Find help and not even ASUS support can help....
  7. Good afternoon/morning/night to everyone reading this, I have a problem with my Asus X543...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. I turned my computer on this morning and was greeted with this...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I turned my computer on this morning and was greeted with this...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MisterBurn [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k05ums/i_turned_my_computer_on_this_morning_and_was/
  9. Gremlin in computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Gremlin in computer: Twice today I’ve found my HP desktop computer unresponsive with the fan whirring furiously. The screen was black and the keyboard was unresponsive. I was able to shut down the computer using the power button. I waited a few minutes and then was able to restart the computer...
  10. I turned my computer off at night and when I turned it on the next morning I had nothing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I turned my computer off at night and when I turned it on the next morning I had nothing.: Now the mail looks different and the color of solataire cards are blue and white not black and red. I cannot play Mahjong as it is installed under guest and will not sync to play goes back to page to play....