Windows 10: I spilled about a cup of water on my laptop keyboard. What do I do?

Discus and support I spilled about a cup of water on my laptop keyboard. What do I do? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recently just spilled around about a quarter cup of water on my laptop. I did the normal things like turn it off and flip it into a pyramid, however... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Richard_336, Apr 21, 2024.

1. I spilled about a cup of water on my laptop keyboard. What do I do?

I recently just spilled around about a quarter cup of water on my laptop. I did the normal things like turn it off and flip it into a pyramid, however I have not gotten the battery out as I dont know how too.. After 10 minutes I tried to turn it on but it didn't work. The battery light is like almost on but orange sorta glowing and the white light is flashing. What do I do??

:)

Richard_336, Apr 21, 2024

2. Water spill on LAPTOP

So I was watching Youtube video and suddenly I spill water ALL OVER MY LAPTOP and my Caps lock is lighting up but when I press the caps lock it brighting up a little HELP.

zenveeradachapol, Apr 21, 2024
  3. I spilled water on my laptop

You only spilled water? Talk to a pro: I spilled orange juice and - because that wasn't bad enough - I also spilled coffee on my laptop.

Do not despair.

First, don't give up on your keyboard. A professional technician (possibly someone at school) might be able to fix it. If the keyboard is really gone, your college work is safe as long as the hard drive is still good. A technician can also open the back of your laptop, remove the hard drive, transfer it to a hard drive caddy, and copy everything from that hard drive to a different place.

Once you've got your college work back, please take this advice: Backup your work frequently, or store it in the cloud. You'll never fear losing your work again.

Chien Sage, Apr 21, 2024
  4. I spilled about a cup of water on my laptop keyboard. What do I do?

I spilled water on my laptop

So 8 days ago, I opened up my laptop and tried to check for something. I also had a cup of water next to my laptop and unfortunately spilled all of it on the laptop. I quickly powered it off, unplugged it and flipped it like a pyramid. After 3 hours I tried to turn it on for multiple times. I gave up after 3 times and went to disassemble it. I found a lot of water and tried my best to dry it with a towel. I left it without a lid and also took the battery out, and flipped it onto a 90 degree angle and left it that way for 4 days. I again tried turning it on but nothing (it seemed dry too). I closed the laptop and put rice over it and the battery, and also left it for 4 days. I’ve now tried to turn it on but unfortunately it’s not working.

Please help what do I do? I have 3 years worth of college on it!

Zakaria Saleh1, Apr 21, 2024
Thema:

I spilled about a cup of water on my laptop keyboard. What do I do?

1. I spilled about a cup of water on my laptop keyboard. What do I do? - Similar Threads - spilled cup water

2. I spilled about a cup of water on my laptop keyboard. What do I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I spilled about a cup of water on my laptop keyboard. What do I do?: I recently just spilled around about a quarter cup of water on my laptop. I did the normal things like turn it off and flip it into a pyramid, however I have not gotten the battery out as I dont know how too.. After 10 minutes I tried to turn it on but it didn't work. The...
  3. I spilled about a cup of water on my laptop keyboard. What do I do?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I spilled about a cup of water on my laptop keyboard. What do I do?: I recently just spilled around about a quarter cup of water on my laptop. I did the normal things like turn it off and flip it into a pyramid, however I have not gotten the battery out as I dont know how too.. After 10 minutes I tried to turn it on but it didn't work. The...
  4. I spilled water on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I spilled water on my laptop: So 8 days ago, I opened up my laptop and tried to check for something. I also had a cup of water next to my laptop and unfortunately spilled all of it on the laptop. I quickly powered it off, unplugged it and flipped it like a pyramid. After 3 hours I tried to turn it on for...
  5. I spilled water on my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I spilled water on my laptop: So 8 days ago, I opened up my laptop and tried to check for something. I also had a cup of water next to my laptop and unfortunately spilled all of it on the laptop. I quickly powered it off, unplugged it and flipped it like a pyramid. After 3 hours I tried to turn it on for...
  6. spilled water

in Windows 10 Gaming
    spilled water: sweet the other day I spilt water on my computer most of them went into the holes where the charging port and it won't even turn on so I need help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spilled-water/e96fab86-c35d-4e08-ad51-8c01f23fca26
  7. spilled water

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    spilled water: sweet the other day I spilt water on my computer most of them went into the holes where the charging port and it won't even turn on so I need help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spilled-water/e96fab86-c35d-4e08-ad51-8c01f23fca26
  8. spilled water

9. Help!! I spilled water on the keyboard of my dell latitude E5470.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help!! I spilled water on the keyboard of my dell latitude E5470.: The water seeped into the keyboard. I dried it for 24 hours and then plugged it in to charge. Then I tried switching it on and it shows the message: no bootable devices Foundpress F1 key to retry bootpress F2 key to reboot into setuppress F5 key to run on-board diagnostics...
  10. I spilled water on my keyboard and now it's acting funky?

I spilled water on my keyboard and now it's acting funky?: So I accidentally spilt water on my keyboard and now it's typing hn instead of h and bm instead of b. I've cleaned with alcohol & q-tips while it was unplugged and it's still doing this. I don't have any compressed air in my storage and I'm sure I got all the water out-...