Windows 10: I still don't have the "Get windows 10 app"

Discus and support I still don't have the "Get windows 10 app" in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Well, On this PC is Windows 7 Home edition SP1 x64. I did not have the "Get windows 10" app, so I tried to download it from this guide. It went well. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Burgurne, Jun 8, 2015.

1. Burgurne Win User

I still don't have the "Get windows 10 app"

Well, On this PC is Windows 7 Home edition SP1 x64. I did not have the "Get windows 10" app, so I tried to download it from this guide. It went well. I then tried to install it, but Windows wrote, that this update is already installed! So I still don't have the "Get windows 10 app" :-(

What can I try now?

:)

Burgurne, Jun 8, 2015

2. Lumia " The Future is Here "

This is a support forum, not a complaints department.

I suggest you directly submit your complaints about hardware to Nokia and software to Microsoft.

Also it often helps to read reviews when switching platforms to make sure it suits your needs. From what you've said the Lumia 820 clearly doesn't suit you.

psychomania---01, Jun 8, 2015
  3. fonero Win User
    Lumia " The Future is Here "

psychomania: This is a support forum, not a complaints department.

psychomania: Also it often helps to read reviews when switching platforms to make sure it suits your needs. From what you've said the Lumia 820 clearly doesn't suit you.

What RSXforever wrote was a kind of review, that can help other people to judge, if Lumia is the right phone for them.

fonero, Jun 8, 2015
  4. Molyy Win User

I noticed the same thing on my PC (Win7).
    I installed one of the non-essential updates waiting for me (think it was an update to IE) and rebooted, and there the icon was.
    Don't know if this can work out for you.

Molyy, Jun 9, 2015
  5. batlhilz Win User
    i love the effort people are putting for this "notification" -thingy. a bit offtopic - but why do people care so much about it? havent seen it anywhere on my 8 computers and im not worried, should i be worried? *Smile

batlhilz, Jun 9, 2015
  6. Trust_No1 Win User
    Personally I would consider myself "lucky" not to have it show up.

Trust_No1, Jun 9, 2015
  7. BunnyJ New Member
    I would think that this being a Windows 10 Forum that the majority of members would have an opposite opinion.

BunnyJ, Jun 9, 2015
  8. brummyfan Win User

Download and install KB3035583, download link is here( Post 11):A way to download KB3035583? Solved - Page 2 - Windows 7 Help Forums

brummyfan, Jun 9, 2015
  9. BunnyJ New Member
    BunnyJ, Jun 9, 2015
  10. No need to be worried *Wink
    ... it's Microsoft's way of gauging how many people will update early. It's also a way for MS to stage pieces of the update on your machine before 29 July.
    but I think you know this already ....

For me, it's a challenge to try and get the dam thing to show up. It would be nice to know what the Win10 Appraiser thinks about my Win7 box ... in case I need to ....... well there isn't a whole lot to consider, either Win10 will install on that box or it stays on Win7.

Win10 TP is running fine on the box - so there must be something MS is working on that might affect the particular device (the Realtek SDcard drivers 'fail' to install, but they work)

I'll uninstall the KB if gwx ever does show up, since I plan on waiting until the Redstone Q1 2016 release to update anyway.

Slartybart, Jun 9, 2015
  11. You'll have to uninstall the KB first, then run Windows update to get it back.

See if anything in my thread helps (nothing that I've tried has helped on a Dell Win7 Intel box)
    See: Solved Get Windows 10 (gwx) app: Appraiser and Reservation notification icon - Windows 10 Forums

Slartybart, Jun 9, 2015
  12. batlhilz Win User
    yeah if theyre gonna hit the 1 billion users line in time, they have to do things like this in order to "sell" it out, marketing stuff. however - MS also stated, that if you dont receive it, your system doesnt support it.

batlhilz, Jun 10, 2015
  13. Burgurne Win User

Now I got the app *Smile
    After installing all updates on Windows update, I still did not see it. And after reading your answers, I tried to uninstall the update with the app, and reinstall it. But no luck. Still no app *cry

I then remember reading something about drivers for the PC must also be up tp date, so I went to MSI (it is a MSI mobo), and downloaded a driverpack for this mobo. It turned out, that I had to update the driver for LAN. After this update and a reboot, the "app-flag" showed up in the taskbar, so maybe Windows own LAN-driver is too old? I did only two driverupdates, VGA and LAN. And one of these was the solution, it seems.

Thankyou for your time spend trying to narrow it down to a solution *Smile

Burgurne, Jun 10, 2015
  14. Just the FAQs *Wink
    Why not enable the icon and allow end users to easily check your PC’s compatibility before 29 July?
    ->disable the reservation piece if the PC fails compat checking, but keep checking.
    A simple fix - update software, run maintenance on the machine, or plug in some device might make the PC compatible - I really don't know because I can't see the compat report *Sad - I can see that my compat flag is Red - great! How come?

I'll have to see if the gwx.log tells me more (C:\Windows\Logs\gwx) - the last time I looked, it wasn't very informative.

This 'issue' is a marketing nightmare, IMO. Too many people don't see the icon and then all of a sudden for unknown reasons it automagically appears.

offTopic: Just how big is your car *Wink

Slartybart, Jun 10, 2015
  15. and thank you for posting what solved the 'issue' on your machine.

This is really helpful information.

Slartybart, Jun 10, 2015
Thema:

1. I still don't have the "Get windows 10 app" - Similar Threads - still don't app

2. I don't have apps and features on windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don't have apps and features on windows 11.: I'm trying to download an app that is not from the Microsoft store, but I do not the apps & features setting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-have-apps-and-features-on-windows-11/4b042635-8dbc-459c-b45e-b0fb3bacb71a
  3. I still don't have 22h2 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I still don't have 22h2 update: these are my pc information and I'm shocked that I still don't have the update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-still-dont-have-22h2-update/e2e05754-0d7f-48cc-9c14-440cc84f1aef
  4. I still don't have 22h2 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I still don't have 22h2 update: these are my pc information and I'm shocked that I still don't have the update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-still-dont-have-22h2-update/e2e05754-0d7f-48cc-9c14-440cc84f1aef
  5. Why I still don't get the update for win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why I still don't get the update for win11: I have a question, after I check for ability to update win11, I can update win11 on my laptop, why I still don't get the win11 now? I cannot wait to update now....
  6. Why I still don't get the update for win11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why I still don't get the update for win11: I have a question, after I check for ability to update win11, I can update win11 on my laptop, why I still don't get the win11 now? I cannot wait to update now....
  7. Why I still don't get the update for win11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. I'm running Windows 10 version 20H2 but I still don't have the new look settings app. Is...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I'm running Windows 10 version 20H2 but I still don't have the new look settings app. Is...: This is what I'm talking about: - https://i.imgur.com/cTb5TsT.jpg I don't have any of that stuff at the top. It just says "Windows settings" there for me. How do I get that version? submitted by /u/Kepeb [link] [comments]...
  9. Windows 10 won't shutdown and I get that an app is still running but I don't know what...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 won't shutdown and I get that an app is still running but I don't know what...: The application that is preventing shutdown is not a normal application that I have heard of "GRID_TITLE_[EF25BC85-FF67-4416-8ADF-E70FB1B75D31} This app is preventing shutdown. " Because of this error I cannot update because it needs to reboot Brian...
  10. I don't have Windows App Store on Windows 10???

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I don't have Windows App Store on Windows 10???: resently I installed (fresh install) Windows 10 on my laptop and today I found that there is no MS Store in my app list and 1- I used WSReset.exe command in RUN but it tell me: "You'll need a new app to open this ms-windows-store". 2- then I used Windows Store Apps...