Windows 10: I think my Network card may be going bad?

Discus and support I think my Network card may be going bad? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So since November of 2017 I have noticed my laptop card acting strange. I normally use the 5ghz WiFi since its much faster and better. But since... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Redbatman, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Redbatman Win User

I think my Network card may be going bad?

So since November of 2017 I have noticed my laptop card acting strange. I normally use the 5ghz WiFi since its much faster and better. But since November I have noticed that the 5ghz WiFi would get slow sometimes. At first I thought it was a router issue but my other devices connected to 5ghz were fine, also if I switched my laptop to 2.4ghz the speed would come back to being fast again.

At first I would fix it by forgetting the network and then reconnecting it. For awhile that was working and from mid to late January I was having no issues with the 5GHz. But now it seems to be coming back. Tonight it happened again as well as a few weeks ago too. But tonight my usual fix wasn't working and even rebooting wasn't doing anything.
    I was getting slow webpage loads, but once I switched to 2.4ghz things were fine again.

The 5ghz is working fine again, and before anyway asks I have my laptop not too far away from the router and I usaly get 5 or 4 bars where I'an sitting or -58 to -62 dbm.

My question is that should I consider buying a new Network adapter for my laptop. I did already update the drivers once though that doesn't seem to be helping too much.

:)

Redbatman, Mar 8, 2018

2. Hi, I think my lumia 820 may have a corrupted system

Hi, since posting this question I have been back to the Nokia telephone help line and brought them up to date with my problem. The technical help guy took me through the software factory resetting routine using the reset
    to factory settings in “about” in “settings” on the phone menu while we were waiting for the reset routine to complete I was just chatting to him about what I had read on the forums about using the three button method to reset the phone and he more or less
    said use that at your own peril, because it is not a recognised user procedure and is really a last resort before replacing the phone.

thanks for looking.

philipgree, Mar 8, 2018
  3. Hi, I think my lumia 820 may have a corrupted system

Hi, I think my Lumia 820 may have a corrupted system, in particular the file that is loaded on to an SD card when it is first installed.

After reading the horror stories of doing a hard reset I didn't want to chance it before asking if there is a safer option.

Here is what has happened as far as I can tell.

When I first got the phone I put the micro SD card a 4GB from my old phone into the 820 and all was well.

Then I received the software update, the phone was still working OK and I was still able to load some photos and music on to the SD card which soon became full.

Last week I went out and bought a brand new shiny 32GB Kingston class 10 micro SD card fitted it in the phone and this where the trouble starts. I can take pictures add music via my lap top, but when I try to view the photos or listen to music the phone
    tells me there is nothing there to see or play but when you connect to the laptop the files are there and viewable or playable.

So I looked on this forum and the Nokia one for clues to what could be at fault, and found nothing that covered it. So I rang Nokia help line and got through to a tech who took me through a lot of procedures to try and get it working, to no avail. His bottom
    line was that the card needed changing at the shop. So I replaced the card with the 4GB card and seeing how I had transferred every thing to the new card and formatted the 4GB card for use elsewhere it needed installing in the phone which was done. Now the
    old card has the same fault as the new one, which leads my to believe there is a fault with the phone since the software update.

Any ideas please.

philipgree, Mar 8, 2018
Thema:

I think my Network card may be going bad?

1. I think my Network card may be going bad? - Similar Threads - Network card may

2. Motherboard going bad?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Motherboard going bad?: I have a 200Mbps connection to my ISP. I have a specific machine that is getting only about 25 Mbps through the onboard network adapter or through the onboard wifi adapter. That machine is fully up-to-date on Windows updates and network adapter and wifi drivers. I get the...
  3. I think I need to get a new WIFI network card but need advice

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I think I need to get a new WIFI network card but need advice: Hi everybody, I have an old laptop which has a Intel Centrino Wireless-N 100. with Windows 10 Home Recently, the WIFI keeps getting lost continuously and only returns after running trouble shooter. The message always says that "The Default Gateway isn't available" After...
  4. Graphics card going bad? Causing Audio pops while gaming.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics card going bad? Causing Audio pops while gaming.: I have a recently new pc and I am noticing some audio troubles when I play games COD is one that I hear often. I have either discord or Youtube playing in the background as well and after a few minutes I begin to hear audio crackling and popping. I ran latencymon and it...
  5. Graphics card going bad?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics card going bad?: I have a recently new pc and I am noticing some audio troubles when I play games COD is one that I hear often. I have either discord or Youtube playing in the background as well and after a few minutes I begin to hear audio crackling and popping. I ran latencymon and it...
  6. Bad Card Reader

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bad Card Reader: Hello, Have a Panasonic FZ-M1 with a bad card reader. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bad-card-reader/ec1a3266-f59b-4820-940e-873208c7ccf6
  7. Network card going in and out?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network card going in and out?: so lately I have been having trouble with my wired internet going out on my pc. it would work fine then maybe twice a day it would disconnect and go to wifi causing a short disconnect from the internet. i thought that maybe the driver is out of date so i updated and there was...
  8. I think I screwed up, bad

in Windows 10 Support
    I think I screwed up, bad: Very new here so please forgive the lack of profile info/signature if required. I have a 500gb ssd that had windows on it and quite a lot on that drive (450ish GB of programs and files). I also had a few other ssd drives that I used as storage. The drive with Windows was...
  9. SSD may be Bad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD may be Bad: every time I boot to windows I get a recovey post but if I restart again it will boot into windows is there software i can check the disk with it ia a Samsung HDD 155872
  10. Blue screening, thinking it may be my graphics card?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blue screening, thinking it may be my graphics card?: I pulled this up on reliability history. I've updated the driver maybe two times. It could be the driver, could not be but it's what I'm suspecting. Could anyone help with this? Source Windows Summary Hardware error Date ‎3/‎28/‎2020 11:29 Status Not reported...