Windows 10: I took the plunge.. Win10 Preview as a primary..

Discus and support I took the plunge.. Win10 Preview as a primary.. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Update on desktop image: [img] Very nice. Bunny J on the edge Windows wise and scenic too. Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BunnyJ, Oct 1, 2014.

1. I took the plunge.. Win10 Preview as a primary..

Very nice. Bunny J on the edge Windows wise and scenic too.

Indianatone, Oct 1, 2014
  2. badrobot Win User

Having it installed separately, Win 10 is also my temporary main OS.

badrobot, Oct 1, 2014
  3. HitMan Win User
    I've just installed it on one of my laptops: Super quick and smooth installation. GUI looks nice: the combo of win7 & win8 as M$$ promised. I will definitely get it when it available.

HitMan, Oct 1, 2014
  4. LittleJay Win User

I took the plunge.. Win10 Preview as a primary..

Is that a fact. Wow, I wonder why MS removed that option?

LittleJay, Oct 1, 2014
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    Enterprise==>Enterprise W10 is updateable -- you need to have the SAME language and update from W7 / W8 / W8.1 ENTERPRISE to W10 Enterprise -- and check your download --if you have the Enterprise version you can see the Windows to Go option in the control panel. If it's missing you have the NON enterprise version.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Oct 1, 2014
  6. LittleJay Win User
    Hi jimbo. What we were talking about was an in place upgrade from W7 to W10 TP, which ran through Windows Update.

LittleJay, Oct 1, 2014
  7. badrobot Win User
    It probably messed up a lot of working OS especially those who don't understand what's happening. They didn't know they are overwriting they're existing OS without an easy option to go back if something goes wrong.

badrobot, Oct 1, 2014
  8. LittleJay Win User

You could be right, although I didn't have any problems whatsoever. But then I knew I didn't want to overwrite my W7 installation and restored an image of it to a different SSD, before running the upgrade.

LittleJay, Oct 1, 2014
  9. Maybe, my update was absolutely fine. I have both the Windows to Go version and the not included version. I can't see how you can do the upgrade accidentally. You have several options to give it a miss and even the option to uninstall the update that enables the download option in Windows 7 or 8 updates. I have already seen posts on sites saying I want my previous Windows back, where did my Windows 8 go? Why don't the people ever learn?

Indianatone, Oct 1, 2014
  10. badrobot Win User
    I actually almost did the same because the link for ISO option was kind of small to be noticed right away. I thought the upgrade process will bring me to ISO download page. But when I ended up on windows update window, I immediately restored my PC back. *Smile

badrobot, Oct 1, 2014
  11. LittleJay Win User
    I just booted up into my W7 installation and checked to see if the W10 TP upgrade was still available and it was. However, I noticed yesterday that when I had W8.1 booted the only available option was to download one of the .ISO files. So it appears that you can still run the in place upgrade from W7, but not W8.1.

LittleJay, Oct 1, 2014
  12. davehc Win User
    I am still using the modern start. But, it looks like I might have to abandon it temporarily.

Does anyone know how you pin a program in the "all Apps" to the Modern start? A right click does nothing (for me, anyway)

davehc, Oct 1, 2014
  13. endeavor Win User

Agreed, it seems crisper quicker, maybe it's because I haven't loaded many programs on it yet, but it feels and looks nice.

endeavor, Oct 1, 2014
  14. +1

Have just had the time to install Steam, Office, Photoshop and Lightroom as well as Skype =P

salicaceae, Oct 1, 2014
  15. BunnyJ New Member
    I'm going to test out the rest of the programs I installed already but the few I tested all work fine.

I'll get back asap.
    Jeff *Smile

BunnyJ, Oct 1, 2014
Thema:

1. I took the plunge.. Win10 Preview as a primary.. - Similar Threads - took plunge Win10

2. PDF Preview Pane is tiny on secondary screen but not on primary screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PDF Preview Pane is tiny on secondary screen but not on primary screen: Hi team,Why are PDFs in the Preview Pane so tiny and unadjustable on secondary screens but are maximised on primary screens only?I've tried this on 5 different secondary monitors but to no avail. Anything I google doesn't apply to secondary screens.This would cut my admin...
  3. PDF Preview Pane is tiny on secondary screen but not on primary screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PDF Preview Pane is tiny on secondary screen but not on primary screen: Hi team,Why are PDFs in the Preview Pane so tiny and unadjustable on secondary screens but are maximised on primary screens only?I've tried this on 5 different secondary monitors but to no avail. Anything I google doesn't apply to secondary screens.This would cut my admin...
  4. How to make primary disk ready to sell Win10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to make primary disk ready to sell Win10: Hi,I have reset and now have a clean Win 10 but I see it is on one partition and not the whole drive. I want it to be the whole drive deleting all other partitions so they are really clean.How do I do this ?This is the Disk Mgmt view...
  5. How to make primary disk ready to sell Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make primary disk ready to sell Win10: Hi,I have reset and now have a clean Win 10 but I see it is on one partition and not the whole drive. I want it to be the whole drive deleting all other partitions so they are really clean.How do I do this ?This is the Disk Mgmt view...
  6. How to make primary disk ready to sell Win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. I have 4 questions (for now!) before I take the plunge and upgrade.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have 4 questions (for now!) before I take the plunge and upgrade.: Windows 7 Professional Version 6.1(Build 7601: Service Pack 1) I've put it off as long as I can and am now preparing to upgrade in-place from Win7 Pro to Win10 Pro. I've migrated my C drive to a bigger SSD (500GB from 125GB). I also have large programs and games on a 250 GB...
  8. Win10 - Fix improper System\Active\Primary Partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win10 - Fix improper System\Active\Primary Partition: Hello, A friend recently upgraded to a SSD, but did NOT have a USB/Windows DVD. So I had her partition off some space using a laptop, which we then put the setup files on. From there, we plugged in the SSD and setup Windows. Problem is, Windows 10 decided to play the System,...
  9. Taking the plunge - 10 as main OS.

in Windows 10 Support
    Taking the plunge - 10 as main OS.: I figure it's time for a little change. Also, I don't actually work off of my main machine. I have a company supplied laptop for that. All I do with my main machine is manage my home affairs, files, occasionally game, watch Netflix, etc... The only way to truly tell if...
  10. Installing Windows 10 Tech Preview on Primary PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Windows 10 Tech Preview on Primary PC: I am installing the Windows 10 Technical Preview on my primary PC. Am I making a mistake by doing this? 5531