Windows 10: I tried to install Windows 7 Profesional I have now ruined my computer

Discus and support I tried to install Windows 7 Profesional I have now ruined my computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I tried to install Windows 7 Professional I have now ruined my computer. I formatted the hard drive now nothing works. Won't even let me install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by hollyoaks777, Nov 19, 2015.

1. I tried to install Windows 7 Profesional I have now ruined my computer

I tried to install Windows 7 Professional I have now ruined my computer. I formatted the hard drive now nothing works. Won't even let me install Windows 10. What code do I need to take my computer back. I can't remember what you call it! It's an HP pavilion and a phone number for them would be most helpful. It's saying I can't install it on the 1 TB hard Drive. And I need to have it repaired. What a bummer. I am beginning to hate Windows now. Just seems to be headache all the time with them. Thank you in advance.

:)

hollyoaks777, Nov 19, 2015

2. dwongrade hp prodesk 400 g4 sff from windows 10 64 bit profesioanl oem licensed to windows 7 64bit professional edition oem license

HI I have 22 hp prodesk 400 g4 sff from hp for my corporation with windows 10 profesional 64 bit oem license, I want to deploy all this pc to windows 7 profesional 64 bit oem license as all my organitation has all de computers in windows 7 64 profesional
    and I want to keep it in that situacion for diferent reasons like homogenius profiles, the question is that I do not know what is the process to downgrade these 22 pc's into windows 7 profesional 64 bit oem license, I know that hp has given me the posibility
    of downgrading rights as I can see that rigth in all the cases of the pc's sent to my organitation.

On another hand I do not have any license key, my doubts are:

Do I need a windows 7 profesional 64 bit oem license from hp?

who can give me the windows 7 profesional 64 bit oem license?

where is the oem license , is in bios?, is involved in this process any kind of certificate or commands to do it?

is this posible to do it just with a windows 7 64 bit iso and how do I set the oem license in each windows 7?

I have so many question to do this process that I need some help.

thanks in advance.

*** Move to the appropriate forum

Moved from: [Windows / Windows 7 / Windows update, recovery, & backup]

juan carlossalazar caballero, Nov 19, 2015
  3. Tried to rollback to windows 7, now i have no windows.

Hi,

Welcome and thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I apologize for the inconvenience, please perform the below steps and check if it resolves this issue.

Method 1: If the issue still persists, I suggest you to download Windows 10 ISO and perform upgrade.

After installing Windows 7 with SP1, I suggest you to refer the below link on how to download Windows 10.

How to Upgrade to Windows 10 using .ISO Files

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for further assistance on Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 19, 2015
  4. I tried to install Windows 7 Profesional I have now ruined my computer

EDIT :
    FWIW on a clean install even on a drive with another OS or prior Windows install Windows set up can usually format and partition the drive correctly for you .. ( see the next post below )

blutos cousin, Nov 19, 2015
  5. essenbe Win User
    If you delete all partitions where everything shows unallocated, it should install fine. You can do that in advanced options when you get to 'Where do you want to install Windows'. Just have the hard drive you want to install Windows on the only hard drive connected during the install.

essenbe, Nov 19, 2015
  6. Good info.....

blutos cousin, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

I tried to install Windows 7 Profesional I have now ruined my computer

1. I tried to install Windows 7 Profesional I have now ruined my computer - Similar Threads - tried install Profesional

2. I tried to install windows 7 but it didn't last end now it's not loading.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I tried to install windows 7 but it didn't last end now it's not loading.: Also there it is not showing other boot options. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-tried-to-install-windows-7-but-it-didnt-last-end/d3ccba5d-2adf-416b-ac1a-988427a5a19b
  3. I tried to install windows 7 but it didn't last end now it's not loading.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I tried to install windows 7 but it didn't last end now it's not loading.: Also there it is not showing other boot options. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-tried-to-install-windows-7-but-it-didnt-last-end/d3ccba5d-2adf-416b-ac1a-988427a5a19b
  4. I restart my computer and now I have no sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I restart my computer and now I have no sound: I also have the same issue with my new computer working on window 11. I don't know why this is because my laptop was working very well and I never had issue with the sound before. It is the same for another laptop that I restart. It is working only if I use bluetooth but...
  5. I restart my computer and now I have no sound

I restart my computer and now I have no sound: I also have the same issue with my new computer working on window 11. I don't know why this is because my laptop was working very well and I never had issue with the sound before. It is the same for another laptop that I restart. It is working only if I use bluetooth but...
  6. I was trying to install windows 11 and I did a clean install and now I have no drivers...

I was trying to install windows 11 and I did a clean install and now I have no drivers...: I installed windows 11 on my LENOVO computer and I did a clean install now I have no Wi-Fi drivers or anything. How do I get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-was-trying-to-install-windows-11-and-i-did-a/c16ef9fb-33ad-4044-9838-6a98d0a3df8a
  7. I was trying to install windows 11 and I did a clean install and now I have no drivers...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I was trying to install windows 11 and I did a clean install and now I have no drivers...: I installed windows 11 on my LENOVO computer and I did a clean install now I have no Wi-Fi drivers or anything. How do I get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-was-trying-to-install-windows-11-and-i-did-a/c16ef9fb-33ad-4044-9838-6a98d0a3df8a
  8. I am in a problem. I instal windows 7 in my computer, but have no sound there. what is it?...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am in a problem. I instal windows 7 in my computer, but have no sound there. what is it?...: I am in a problem. I install windows 7 in my computer, but have no sound there. what is it? How solve it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-in-a-problem-i-instal-windows-7-in-my/283b1cad-faa5-4c0f-bdd9-1df420fcf7be
  9. I am in a problem. I instal windows 7 in my computer, but have no sound there. what is it?...

I am in a problem. I instal windows 7 in my computer, but have no sound there. what is it?...: I am in a problem. I install windows 7 in my computer, but have no sound there. what is it? How solve it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-in-a-problem-i-instal-windows-7-in-my/283b1cad-faa5-4c0f-bdd9-1df420fcf7be
  10. I am trying to install windows 10 upgrading my windows 7 computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I am trying to install windows 10 upgrading my windows 7 computer: I have no anti-virus SW on the laptop I have over 80 Gb free I have passed all computer checks I have tried the install 3 times with the last time having the internet off The install stops at 59%...... What can I do? Dave...