Windows 10: I turned on my computer and the bit locker appeared. I’ve never installed it and I don’t...

Discus and support I turned on my computer and the bit locker appeared. I’ve never installed it and I don’t... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I turned on my computer and the bit locker appeared. I’ve never installed it and I don’t know how to get my recovery key. They are giving me a key ID... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Luisa Fernández, Jul 19, 2018.

1. I turned on my computer and the bit locker appeared. I’ve never installed it and I don’t...

I turned on my computer and the bit locker appeared. I’ve never installed it and I don’t know how to get my recovery key. They are giving me a key ID but I don’t know what to do.

:)

Luisa Fernández, Jul 19, 2018

2. Problem starting computer with Bit Locker turned on

Turned on Bit Locker on wife's desktop and had no problem encrypting the drives. Recently, when starting up computer, computer shows blue screen for entering password to Bit locker and immediately shuts down after entering only a few of the characters.
    This will go on 3 or 4 times before it stays on long enough to enter password and computer will then start up normally.

I'm turning off Bit Locker until I can figure out where the problem lies.

Computer is Dell Inspiron 3847 with quad core i5 processor. Using Windows 10 Pro, version 1607. Hard drives are two 2TB Seagate drives and a 4 TB Seagate backup drive. All updates are current.

Any suggestions for clearing this problem will be greatly appreciated.

Mark Hartry, Jul 19, 2018
  3. bit locker key

What happened to my computer?

Why, out of the blue did I have to access the bit locker key to gain access to my computer?

And why does it continue to ask me for the bit locker key whenever I turn it on?

Has my computer been compromised? What do I need to do to fix it?

GailMorrisT, Jul 19, 2018
  4. I turned on my computer and the bit locker appeared. I’ve never installed it and I don’t...

Having to enter bit locker key everyday

Hi,

I realize that you are getting the bit locker prompt very often. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to turn off the Bit Locker, restart the pc and then turn on the Bit Locker to check if that helps.

To enable BitLocker, open the Control Panel and navigate to System and Security > BitLocker Drive Encryption. You can also open Windows Explorer or File Explorer, right-click a drive, and select Turn On BitLocker.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Jul 19, 2018
Thema:

I turned on my computer and the bit locker appeared. I’ve never installed it and I don’t...

1. I turned on my computer and the bit locker appeared. I’ve never installed it and I don’t... - Similar Threads - turned computer bit

2. I need bit locker password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need bit locker password: Hello, I don't have the BitLocker recovery key, after updating and restarting, I can no longer enter my Windows environment. Please advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-bit-locker-password/f85e3921-4af2-4e8e-8c70-ca64c1d8aaf8
  3. I need bit locker password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need bit locker password: Hello, I don't have the BitLocker recovery key, after updating and restarting, I can no longer enter my Windows environment. Please advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-bit-locker-password/f85e3921-4af2-4e8e-8c70-ca64c1d8aaf8
  4. I can't find my bit locker key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't find my bit locker key: Every time I find the link that claims to have the bit locker key it says it has nothing to give me try a new url and even when I go through my account it says this...
  5. I can't find my bit locker key

I can't find my bit locker key: Every time I find the link that claims to have the bit locker key it says it has nothing to give me try a new url and even when I go through my account it says this...
  6. I’ve lost space and I don’t know why

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I’ve lost space and I don’t know why: I got my pc about 2 years ago and it originally had a 512 gig Sata ssd and for the last couple of months I’ve been thinking of adding a separate storage to install more games and that is what I did yesterday, I installed a 2 tb ssd and I’ve installed a bunch of games I...
  7. I’ve lost space and I don’t know why

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I’ve lost space and I don’t know why: I got my pc about 2 years ago and it originally had a 512 gig Sata ssd and for the last couple of months I’ve been thinking of adding a separate storage to install more games and that is what I did yesterday, I installed a 2 tb ssd and I’ve installed a bunch of games I...
  8. I’ve lost space and I don’t know why

9. I’ve been having this problem with my computer I don’t understand how but the my apps...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I’ve been having this problem with my computer I don’t understand how but the my apps...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/CadenTheWorst [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/tvors1/ive_been_having_this_problem_with_my_computer_i/
  10. Bit Locker

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Bit Locker: I use Bit Locker encryption on all of my Thumb drives that contain personal data. Has anyone else of late, noticed the slow down of Bit Locker USB full encryption process. 7-8hrs to encrypt a Sandisk 128 GB Thumb drive is ridiculous.*Sad 114692