Windows 10: I uninstalled all network adapters, can't get Local Area Connection

Discus and support I uninstalled all network adapters, can't get Local Area Connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I uninstalled all network adapters trying to fix another issue but now my LAN network doesn't work, what is the best way to restore network adapters... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Paddy, Aug 12, 2016.

1. Paddy Win User

I uninstalled all network adapters, can't get Local Area Connection

I uninstalled all network adapters trying to fix another issue but now my LAN network doesn't work,
    what is the best way to restore network adapters and previous local area connection ?

:)

Paddy, Aug 12, 2016

2. Windows 10 - Local Area Connection missing

I've been trying to find a solution for this for some time now. I'm connected to the internet via Wi-Fi and I'm trying to share that connection to a Raspberry pi via ethernet cable.

The problem is that I can't find a Local Area Connection anywhere. I think the adapter may be missing but I don't know what to search for to get it. My machine is an Asus K53E.

I've already tried uninstalling the Ethernet Controller network adapter and restarting. No change.

In "Network Connections" are two ethernet connections, Wi-Fi connection and 3 other connections belonging to my VMs (VMware and VBox). Nothing local.

Any ideas on how to get a Local Area Connection running? Any help would be much appreciated.

AJ555555555, Aug 12, 2016
  3. Windows 10 hosted network hotspot problem

Hi Robert, in my opinion it is normal that the mac address of the virtual interface Local Area Connection * 12 Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter 00-0F-66-1C-1A-74 is the same as that of the Wireless Network Conne ... The Broadcom 802.11 Network
    Adapter (which is still disconnected), since the Virtual Local Area Connection * 12 is hosted on the same physical network card Wireless Network Conne ... The Broadcom 802.11 Network Adapter. In fact, the user runs ICS between the Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
    Local Area Connection, connected to the Internet, (mac address 1C-6F-65-C5-A6-D9) and the virtual interface Local Area Connection * 12 (mac address 00- 0F-66-1C-1A-74). The 2 mac addresses are indeed different.

franco d'esaro, Aug 12, 2016
  4. SoFine409 Win User

Hi Paddy, I assume that you uninstalled the network adapter through device manager so try going to device manager and select scan of hardware changes. Will likely find the adapter and then reinstall the correct drivers.

SoFine409, Aug 12, 2016
  5. You might have to restart the machine as well.

Slartybart, Aug 12, 2016
  6. Paddy Win User
    Thanks. I did manage to get it back.
    Yes, I uninstalled through Device Manager, but didn't get it back from there as the 'Scan of hardware changes' was unresponsive.
    It did take a restart and some work of drivers updating.

Paddy, Aug 12, 2016
  7. SoFine409 Win User
    Glad you got it fixed Paddy.

SoFine409, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. I uninstalled all network adapters, can't get Local Area Connection - Similar Threads - uninstalled network adapters

2. Local Area Connection option missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Local Area Connection option missing: I recently connected my laptop to my modem via ethernet to see if my internet speed would improve but it didn't actually show it was connected so I opened up my network and sharing centre then went to network connections and all that is there is bluetooth & wifi. The option...
  3. local area network windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    local area network windows 10: I have been trying to access my local area network to get my Roku up and working but due to my lack of knowledge this has been a problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-area-network-windows-10/b5c32daa-357c-450d-a044-782141b9253d
  4. Ethernet Light Orange/ "Local Area Network" Not in Network List

Ethernet Light Orange/ "Local Area Network" Not in Network List: Last night I noticed my ethernet light on the back of my computer was orange. I did some research to find the reason. Some websites said it was an increased connection speed. Others said a problem with the connection. The local area network is no longer in the list of network...
  5. network adapter not connected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    network adapter not connected: how do you connect hardware/drivers to computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-adapter-not-connected/f8ef59ab-3645-414a-9823-27ce6e11a2cf
  6. Local Area Connection

Local Area Connection: how to avoid "Local Area Connection doesn't have valid ID configuration" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-area-connection/0cad5f67-865e-4839-8ce8-b96e323a5ec5
  7. Local Area Connection

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local Area Connection: hiiii I Am Using Laptop OS is Windows 10 64 Bit. i am still Facing This Problem My Laptop LAN Card Not Connected After Windows Start . I Have Checked Cable & Rj 45 connector Both Side. So Pl z give this Problem Solution Regard Mohit B...
  8. Local Area Connection showing unnecessarily showing.

Local Area Connection showing unnecessarily showing.: Few days back I connected my JioFi 2 device to my laptop using USB. After I disconnected it, still a Local Area Connection is showing. I tried reconnecting and disconnecting the device but still, it didn't work and the connection is still there. Also, Wi-Fi connection is...
  9. not getting local area connecting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    not getting local area connecting: not getting local area connecting in my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/not-getting-local-area-connecting/098820fc-36ca-40b1-9372-321cb398ac6c
  10. Can't connect to network or can't get internet

Can't connect to network or can't get internet: I just switched my Internet provider. Previously, I had no connection issues. have two iPhones, and iPad and an HP laptop running Windows 10. All devices except the laptop use the 5G connection provided. The laptop requires the 2G connection. The laptop will either not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. uninstalled all network adapters problem