Windows 10: I updated to that latest windows 10 update and now my wifi isn’t working

Discus and support I updated to that latest windows 10 update and now my wifi isn’t working in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; No it isn’t my router. It works on every other device. It wants to connect to an Ethranet cable. As seen in the image attached. I’ve scanned for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ciara Mitchell, Jul 5, 2018.

1. I updated to that latest windows 10 update and now my wifi isn’t working

No it isn’t my router. It works on every other device. It wants to connect to an Ethranet cable. As seen in the image attached. I’ve scanned for hardware changes in the device manager. I’ve used cmd prompt in adminitrator mode and normal. I’ve only had this Laptop for a year. And the Wifi was working fine until the latest windows 10 update. The troubleshooter keeps telling me to connect to an ethrenet cable, but I don’t have one at home. And i can’t sit at school 24/7 connected to Ethrenet.

I’ve done network reset as well. Nothing is working anymore. Please help.

(laptop is a Dell Inspiron Gaming 15 1700 (2017 version, https://www.dell.com/en-nz/shop/lap...on-15-7000-gaming/spd/inspiron-15-7567-laptop ) <—— that is my laptop. I got it January last year. And the issues started with the newest windows 10 update.

I updated to that latest windows 10 update and now my wifi isn’t working c3ebe4f4-9926-4e72-b56f-b544b783884f?upload=true.jpg

:)

Ciara Mitchell, Jul 5, 2018

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Jul 5, 2018
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Jul 5, 2018
  4. I updated to that latest windows 10 update and now my wifi isn’t working

Printer isn´t working after latest update.

Managed to solve it... here´s how I did it just in case anyone else has the same problem...

->Settings

->Printers & scanners

->Add a printer or scanner

->The printer that I want isn´t listed

->Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings

->Use an existing port: USB001 (Virtual printer port for USB)

->Choose printer

->Use the driver that is currently installed

->Type printer name

And done... =P

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Jul 5, 2018
Thema:

I updated to that latest windows 10 update and now my wifi isn’t working

1. I updated to that latest windows 10 update and now my wifi isn’t working - Similar Threads - updated latest update

2. Latest Windows 11 Update No Wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latest Windows 11 Update No Wifi: My laptop will not connect to Wi-Fi since the latest update. Cell phone connects just fine. I have tried the usual fixes rebooting laptop, turning Wi-Fi off and on, hard shut off, etc.. I have seen in the forums that this is a common problem. C'mon Microsoft! Fix this!In the...
  3. Latest Windows 11 Update No Wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latest Windows 11 Update No Wifi: My laptop will not connect to Wi-Fi since the latest update. Cell phone connects just fine. I have tried the usual fixes rebooting laptop, turning Wi-Fi off and on, hard shut off, etc.. I have seen in the forums that this is a common problem. C'mon Microsoft! Fix this!In the...
  4. Latest Windows 10 update 19041.508 killed my WiFi

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest Windows 10 update 19041.508 killed my WiFi: I am running a Dell Aurora R7, Desktop system. Last week It was automatically updated to Windows 10 Pro 2004 19041.508. After about 45 minutes the update completed and seemed to be working okay except that my WiFi was gone. I investigated and found that my WiFi card Killer...
  5. Latest update broke my Wifi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Latest update broke my Wifi: Have tried a dozen and one different troubleshooting methods floating around and it will not connect to my network. It's just the disconnected globe symbol in the tray, cannot toggle Wifi on, doing it manually within the network settings doesn't do anything, messing with...
  6. Windows 10 won’t update and my Bluetooth isn’t working.

Windows 10 won’t update and my Bluetooth isn’t working.: Hello I have a customs windows 10 machine: i7 9700k 16gb ram Amd 5700xt 1tb ssd And it has been working fine as of late, however today I turned it on to find my Bluetooth keyboard wasn’t responding. So I went to device manager and the list of devices keeps refreshing every...
  7. I did a reset of Windows 10 and now my taskbar isn’t working

I did a reset of Windows 10 and now my taskbar isn’t working: My surface pro has been super slow lately so I did a factory reset and now I can’t access anything. When I press the start button or the search bar it loads for a second and then stops doing anything. If I try to run Microsoft Edge the window pops up for a second and then...
  8. Latest windows 10 update and now can’t log in

Latest windows 10 update and now can’t log in: ok so the desktop did the latest windows update last night. Turned the desktop on tonight and it finished doing the install. go to log in and get the can’t log you into your account. Tried to reset the password (and multiple times too) and that has not worked either. Any...
  9. Update and shutdown isn’t working

Update and shutdown isn’t working: The option “Update and shutdown” actually isn’t working because when I click on it, my PC updates then reboots and stays powered until I shut it down manually...
  10. First Windows Update, now WiFi not working properly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    First Windows Update, now WiFi not working properly: While trying some other things to fix the problem, my internet stopped working altogether (including wired...). So I decided to start out with a clean installation of Windows, keeping all personal files but removing all apps, which solved all my problems. It really shouldn't...