Windows 10: I use my local administrator account, so why am I getting this error?

Discus and support I use my local administrator account, so why am I getting this error? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Code: Activation of app Microsoft.Getstarted_5.10.1441.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe:App.AppX7mv0s3r0wanj0n66dy6vax24ps6avzvz.ca failed with error: This app... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by chipwood, Aug 3, 2017.

1. chipwood Win User

I use my local administrator account, so why am I getting this error?

Code: Activation of app Microsoft.Getstarted_5.10.1441.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe:App.AppX7mv0s3r0wanj0n66dy6vax24ps6avzvz.ca failed with error: This app can't be activated by the Built-in Administrator. See the Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI/Operational log for additional information.[/quote] and, what do I have to do to actually get into Safe Mode.? Thanks!

:)

chipwood, Aug 3, 2017

2. Can't Login With Local Administrator Account in Windows 10

Hi everyone.

In Win 8.1 Pro I was using the local administrator account. I even had the Windows Store with my Microsoft account logged in and I was still able to login with the local Administrator Account.

I updated to Win10 and I was still using the local administrator account. For installing a Windows Store App I logged into Windows Store with my Microsoft Account. Once I did that, I was unable to login in my PC with my local administrator account,
    just with the Microsoft Account.

I can't see the "Sign in with a local account instead" link in the "Accounts" settings. It seems that my local administrator account was merged with my local Administrator.

I have also tried restarting the PC and logging in Safe Mode, however my local Administrator account password is different and I don't know why it was changed or what has changed it. I think that it was changed when the MS account was merged with the
    local Administrator account.

I tried chaning the password of the Administrator account but I always got a message saying:

"The system is not authoritative for the specified account"

Can you suggest something that doesn't involve reinstalling Windows 10?

Thank you so much.

David Leonardo Tarazona, Aug 3, 2017
  3. Disable Screen limits for local account

I am well over 16 yesr old. This solution assumes I am using a Microsoft account to login to my computer. I DO NOT. I have local admin account and my other user is also local so this will never work. This is clearly a design flaw that prevents a local
    administrator account from fully controlling other accounts created by that administrator. Simply bad design.

JeffLegault, Aug 3, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello chipwood, *Smile

UWP apps will not run in the built-in "Administrator" account since it has elevated rights always enabled.

You'll need to be signed in to any other administrator or standard user account to be able to run UWP apps.

Brink, Aug 3, 2017
  5. philc43 Win User
    From the error message it looks as if you are using the Built-in Admin account. This is not advised except for emergencies when you have lost access to a normal admin account.

The following tutorial should help you get into safe mode: Boot into Safe Mode on Windows 10

philc43, Aug 3, 2017
  6. chipwood Win User
    I thought the built in administrator account would be the one created, when I first got the computer. What I am using now is the later created Local Administrator. I don't see why the local should also be unusable for my purpose. I'm confused, totally!
    Not a rare event*Smile

chipwood, Aug 3, 2017
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Aug 3, 2017
  8. chipwood Win User

I am having awful trouble. Originally I opened my adminsitrator account as L: me1@outlook.com, and later added a local account L: me2@hotmail.com, which I subsequently gave administration privileges.Now, I downgraded me2 to standard, and elevated me1. However, those actions have caused more trouble, as any futher action in Control> User Accounts calls up UAC. This shows L: me1@outlook.com and asks for the password. I enter the one allocated to the address, but it is always refused.The account to which me1 links has also disappeared. What on earth has happened,or I have boxed and coxed? Advice please!

chipwood, Aug 4, 2017
  9. f14tomcat Win User
    Did you downgrade me1 after you uped me2, then downgraded me2 before uping me1? If you did, you have no admin account and it's a problem., I think.

f14tomcat, Aug 4, 2017
  10. chipwood Win User
    TBH. I can't remember!*cry

chipwood, Aug 4, 2017
  11. f14tomcat Win User
    Do you have a recent system backup you can restore? Not a Restore Point, a System backup, the whole thing.

f14tomcat, Aug 4, 2017
  12. f14tomcat Win User
    f14tomcat, Aug 4, 2017
  13. Brink
    Brink New Member

chipwood, *Smile

The error message in your first post indicates that you are signed in to the built-in "Administrator" account.

What were you trying to do in safe mode?

Let's start by seeing what details show for the accounts you have available, and what type of account they are.

View User Account Details in Windows 10 Windows 10 User Accounts Tutorials

Brink, Aug 4, 2017
  14. chipwood Win User
    I was looking for options to repair the system.
    is this the list you want?
    Code: AccountType=512 Description=Built-in account for administering the computer/domain Disabled=TRUE Domain=DESKTOP-V3UCDOJ FullName= InstallDate= LocalAccount=TRUE Lockout=FALSE Name=Administrator PasswordChangeable=TRUE PasswordExpires=FALSE PasswordRequired=TRUE SID=S-1-5-21-2189731433-3164717647-368334104-500 SIDType=1 Status=Degraded AccountType=512 Description=A user account managed by the system. Disabled=TRUE Domain=DESKTOP-V3UCDOJ FullName= InstallDate= LocalAccount=TRUE Lockout=FALSE Name=DefaultAccount PasswordChangeable=TRUE PasswordExpires=FALSE PasswordRequired=FALSE SID=S-1-5-21-2189731433-3164717647-368334104-503 SIDType=1 Status=Degraded AccountType=512 Description= Disabled=FALSE Domain=DESKTOP-V3UCDOJ FullName= InstallDate= LocalAccount=TRUE Lockout=FALSE Name=ghc80 PasswordChangeable=TRUE PasswordExpires=FALSE PasswordRequired=TRUE SID=S-1-5-21-2189731433-3164717647-368334104-1002 SIDType=1 Status=OK AccountType=512 Description= Disabled=FALSE Domain=DESKTOP-V3UCDOJ FullName= InstallDate= LocalAccount=TRUE Lockout=FALSE Name=Gordon E PasswordChangeable=TRUE PasswordExpires=FALSE PasswordRequired=FALSE SID=S-1-5-21-2189731433-3164717647-368334104-1001 SIDType=1 Status=OK AccountType=512 Description=Built-in account for guest access to the computer/domain Disabled=TRUE Domain=DESKTOP-V3UCDOJ FullName= InstallDate= LocalAccount=TRUE Lockout=FALSE Name=Guest PasswordChangeable=FALSE PasswordExpires=FALSE PasswordRequired=FALSE SID=S-1-5-21-2189731433-3164717647-368334104-501 SIDType=1 Status=Degraded[/quote] You commented I was logging in tho the administrator account, For password i entered the one I had for my rarely used outlook emails.
    I'll search deeper in case there's another password for entry to the account.

chipwood, Aug 4, 2017
  15. chipwood Win User
    I have a CD cd live_201603....Wih folders Boot. EFI etc Files to be written to desk[.ShellClassInfo]LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,-21815
    It was made last month. Would that be the one needed?

chipwood, Aug 4, 2017
Thema:

1. I use my local administrator account, so why am I getting this error? - Similar Threads - local administrator account

2. Why am I getting so many blue screen errors?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I getting so many blue screen errors?: Hello, I purchased parts for and built my new PC on 6/19. I purchased the parts from Microcenter in Westbury, NY and had a friend help me complete my build. Everything was running perfectly the first night until I went to play some games, mostly Diablo IV. This is when I...
  3. Why am I getting this error?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I getting this error?: Why am I getting this error? Is it because I'm on windows 11 home? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-am-i-getting-this-error/48b2a930-04e1-4bac-bd07-5616bf8c75ee
  4. Why am I getting this error?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why am I getting this error?: Why am I getting this error? Is it because I'm on windows 11 home? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-am-i-getting-this-error/48b2a930-04e1-4bac-bd07-5616bf8c75ee
  5. Why am I not the administrator?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I not the administrator?: I was locked out of my laptop. I am 100% sure that the password that I was using is the password that it has always been and my CAPSLOCK was off. I tried to use my pin, and was told that I was required by my administrator to change my pin. I DONT WANT TO CHANGE MY PIN. I...
  6. Why am I not the administrator?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why am I not the administrator?: I was locked out of my laptop. I am 100% sure that the password that I was using is the password that it has always been and my CAPSLOCK was off. I tried to use my pin, and was told that I was required by my administrator to change my pin. I DONT WANT TO CHANGE MY PIN. I...
  7. Why am I not the administrator?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  8. Settings says I am using a local account, but in the accounts page it says I am using a...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings says I am using a local account, but in the accounts page it says I am using a...: So basically in the settings app on windows it says I am using a local account but I want to use a Microsoft account. I am signed in to my Microsoft account, but every time I close a Microsoft app it signs me out despite clicking stay signed in. Please can you tell me how to...
  9. why am i not the administrator?

in Windows 10 Customization
    why am i not the administrator?: I am so curious as to why I am not the administrator to the laptop that I purchased for my own personal use. Someoneplease tell me why and what the hell is the difference between a local account and my account withMicrosoft 365. I want to be able to see settings that are...
  10. I am local account administrator but

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I am local account administrator but: I am local account administrator but do not have the rights to stop windows defender. Just switched from Windows 7 2days ago. I am the only person on this computer and had no problems with windows 7. 10 is a strange animal to me. Thanks Richard...