Windows 10: I want Firefox as default browser

Discus and support I want Firefox as default browser in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have tried many things and looked for tutorial but I'm still lost. I keep telling Firefox to be my default browser and it doesn't keep the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Layback Bear, Dec 7, 2017.

1. I want Firefox as default browser

I have tried many things and looked for tutorial but I'm still lost.

I keep telling Firefox to be my default browser and it doesn't keep the settings.
    I keep going back to I.E.

I go into Firefox and select use as my default browser and that doesn't work.
    I'm using Firefox 57.02.

Jack

:)

Layback Bear, Dec 7, 2017

2. i want Firefox as my default browser

Open Start > Settings > Apps > Default apps

Click your current browse then choose 'Firefox'

As for the search engine, you should be able to change that by clicking the Open menu

Click Preferences > Search

Click in the default Search engine list box then choose Google or another search engine

Andre Da Costa, Dec 7, 2017
  3. i want Firefox as my default browser

Why can't i disable or uninstall yahoo as my default search browser ? I've gone to settings select Firefox as my default browser. Shows it as default browser but it is not. Can't find Yahoo on my PC.

JohnHoysradt, Dec 7, 2017
  4. f14tomcat Win User

I want Firefox as default browser

Try here, Jack. In settings, default apps.

*Arrow Choose Default Apps in Windows 10 Apps Features Tutorials

I want Firefox as default browser [​IMG]

f14tomcat, Dec 7, 2017
  5. Thank you very much. It seem to be as I want it now.

Goes to prove that if one knows how to do something it's easy.
    Flying a F14 Tomcat is easy when one learns how to do it.

I'm a old Diesel Submarine sailor.

Jack

Layback Bear, Dec 7, 2017
  6. f14tomcat Win User
    You're welcome, Jack! Watch the inversion layer! *Smile

f14tomcat, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

I want Firefox as default browser

1. I want Firefox as default browser - Similar Threads - Firefox default browser

2. How to set Firefox as the default browser?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to set Firefox as the default browser?: I noticed Firefox is no longer listed as a choice for my default browser. I'm old school. I know. [ATTACH] Anyone know of a workaround? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-firefox-as-the-default-browser/f073b2eb-2699-49a4-90a8-ccf381b41cb0
  3. how set Firefox as default web browser

how set Firefox as default web browser: Although I have it loaded, it doesn't show up as an option in the default app or in the "choose default app" section. Plus, I even have trouble loading it. I realize they'd rather I not use it, but I'd sure like the choice....
  4. downloading firefox for default browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    downloading firefox for default browser: I just got this laptop literally an hour ago. I want to install firefox as my default browser. it says I can't do it because I am in "s" mode and need to get an app from the Microsoft store. I can't find the app. I don't want internet explorer as my browser. can someone...
  5. Can't make FireFox default browser?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't make FireFox default browser?: Every time I start FireFox I'm presented with a dialog asking if I want to make it my default browser. Yes I do!! I am brought to the screen which lets me choose a browser, but FireFox isn't among the choices. I choose to search for another browser and I'm brought to the...
  6. a problem with firefox been the default browser

in Browsers and Email
    a problem with firefox been the default browser: This is on my Dell laptop OS Win 10 Home 64bit. Every time I start Firefox, Firefox asks if "I want Firefox to be the default browser", see the 1st screen capture attachment bellow. I click yes and the default app window opens up. See the 2nd screen capture attachment bellow....
  7. a problem with firefox been the default browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    a problem with firefox been the default browser: This is on my Dell laptop OS Win 10 Home 64bit. Every time I start Firefox, Firefox asks if "I want Firefox to be the default browser", see the 1st screen capture attachment bellow. I click yes and the default app window opens up. See the 2nd screen capture attachment bellow....
  8. I want to make Firefox my default browser on my Windws 10 Desktop?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I want to make Firefox my default browser on my Windws 10 Desktop?: I want to make Firefox Browser my default browser for my Windows 10 Desktop. How do I make that happen? Ruth 801 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-make-firefox-my-default-browser-on-my/8a385619-81fa-4994-b5ce-31fa4f2a4366
  9. Firefox not showing as default browser?

Firefox not showing as default browser?: So....I have tried everything (trust me I really have) and I've searched through numerous forums. This issue is just appallingly bad, and it seems to me that it is a deliberate attempt to force me to use browsers that Microsoft wants me to use...rather than what I CHOOSE....
  10. Can Not Set Firefox as Default Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Can Not Set Firefox as Default Browser: I've been able to set Firefox as my default browser before, but recently after reinstalling FireFox, Wi10 is simply not allowing me to set a default browser at all (other than default - Edge). wMeEdfGBsTk 51099