Windows 10: I want to change MS live account username in windows 10 home

Discus and support I want to change MS live account username in windows 10 home in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I want to change my MS live account username in windows 10 home currently it is C:\Users\thula I want to change it to C:\Users\ram I changed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DrowsierTooth27, Aug 28, 2018.

1. I want to change MS live account username in windows 10 home

Hi,

I want to change my MS live account username in windows 10 home

currently it is C:\Users\thula

I want to change it to C:\Users\ram

I changed it in my live account profile to ram, but it is not reflected in my windows 10

I did tried to change it using netplwiz

Please let me know what could be done to resolve this issue

Thanks,

Ram.

:)

DrowsierTooth27, Aug 28, 2018
  2. Sam2233 Win User

Xbox Live Account Username

So I made an Xbox Live account, right from my new Xbox. But I forgot I had a Windows 10 Xbox account, and would like to use my Windows 10 username. I can still change my Xbox Live account username but it is taken by the Windows 10 account. I know that
    I could of used the Windows 10 account but its too late now because I have purchased Xbox Live on the console. Any idea how I can change my Xbox username to the one I have on Windows 10. *Not by paying to change the username, and its okay to delete the Windows
    10 account if that meant the username would become available.*

Sam2233, Aug 28, 2018
  3. change admin username account

Hi
    vasilisnikolo

Are you logged in with the Microsoft account or a local account?

You can follow the steps below to change the username and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X key.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Under view, select large icons.
    • Go to User Account.
    • Click on Manage another account.
    • Select the User Account for which you want to select the password.
    • Click on Change the username.
    • Click on Change Name button.
    Hope this information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Aug 28, 2018
  4. Sam2233 Win User

I want to change MS live account username in windows 10 home

Xbox Live username

So I made an Xbox Live account, right from my new Xbox. But I forgot I had a Windows 10 Xbox account, and would like to use my Windows 10 username. I can still change my Xbox Live account username but it is taken by
    the Windows 10 account. I know that I could of used the Windows 10 account but its too late now because I have purchased Xbox Live on the console. Any idea how I can change my Xbox username to the one I have on Windows 10. *Not by paying to change the username,
    and its okay to delete the Windows 10 account if that meant the username would become available.*

Moved from: MSN / Accounts, login, and signup / Change my profile/personal info

Sam2233, Aug 28, 2018
Thema:

I want to change MS live account username in windows 10 home

1. I want to change MS live account username in windows 10 home - Similar Threads - change live account

2. Changing usernames in home directory.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing usernames in home directory.: Good day. A long time ago I setup a particular user under windows. I made a mistake somehow and left out a character though. Since then, I've reinstalled many times on multiple times. Also, on different computers. I specifically tried different usernames at setup however that...
  3. Changing usernames in home directory.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing usernames in home directory.: Good day. A long time ago I setup a particular user under windows. I made a mistake somehow and left out a character though. Since then, I've reinstalled many times on multiple times. Also, on different computers. I specifically tried different usernames at setup however that...
  4. Changing MS Account In Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing MS Account In Windows 10: I want to switch MS accounts on a laptop that I am no longer using, to another family member that has been using it for a while. If I follow the steps in the answer below, will this retain the apps, notes, favorites that the family member already has on this...
  5. Changing MS Account In Windows 10

Changing MS Account In Windows 10: I want to switch MS accounts on a laptop that I am no longer using, to another family member that has been using it for a while. If I follow the steps in the answer below, will this retain the apps, notes, favorites that the family member already has on this...
  6. Change username for microsoft account

Change username for microsoft account: Hi There,Is it possible to fix my username under my Microsoft account?Whenever I log into a new laptop/computer using my email/Microsoft account my username is incorrect:C:\Users\boran - it should be C:\Users\borange>How do I fix this?...
  7. Change account username for Windows 10

Change account username for Windows 10: I have the only account on my PC. It is a Microsoft account, not a local account, with BitLocker enabled. I have discovered that my username in file explorer and in file paths are the first five letters of my email address linked to my Microsoft account. I want to change...
  8. Changing local account username in Windows 10

Changing local account username in Windows 10: Hi All, I would like to change my local windows account in windows 10 home. but strangely I do not see any option. Dont think it is an advance setting for it to be so hard to find. I am only seeing "sign in to microsoft account" under Account settings. Please let me...
  9. Windows live account changed my Windows 10 username?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows live account changed my Windows 10 username?: Okay so I just installed GTA IV again after not playing for very long time so I didnt remember my old games for windows live acc or whatever (never used for anything but GTA IV). So I input my email and it asks for my name and I dont care about this thing so I just write Asd...
  10. Change windows 10 Home username

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Change windows 10 Home username: Hello, I got Win 10 Home OEM with my HP Desktop. I would like to change the username of my local Win 10 account, but that's restricted in Home Edition. So, I would like to upgrade it to Win 10 Enterprise. I have read that changing the username is supported in...