Windows 10: I want to completely remove and stop "Gaming Services" from running in the background.

Discus and support I want to completely remove and stop "Gaming Services" from running in the background. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am signed in as the administrator and it is the ONLY account on my device and I have already taken ownership of the folders and files therein using a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MikaelVescio, Jun 12, 2024.

1. I want to completely remove and stop "Gaming Services" from running in the background.

I am signed in as the administrator and it is the ONLY account on my device and I have already taken ownership of the folders and files therein using a powershell command yes, running it as administrator but when I go to delete the files it still states I do not have permission. The pop up states "Folder Access Denied" as the header and goes on to say I "need permission from DEKSTOP-A52CBBO\User to makes changes to this folder." The thing is, there shouldn't be any other "user" so I am not sure what this means or what I am doing wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!PS: Do not respon

:)

MikaelVescio, Jun 12, 2024
  2. Jan Del Win User

Gaming Lag and Background Intelligence Transfer Service (BITS)

Let's try disabling the Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) via Command Prompt by following the steps below:

• Open Command Prompt.
    • Run/type msconfig.
    • Click on Services tab.
    • Remove check mark on Background Intelligent Transfer Service.
    • Click on Apply.
    • Restart your computer.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Jun 12, 2024
  3. Games won't launch and run in background.

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Please do let us know with the following information for better assistance:

• What exactly do you mean by games does not run in the background?
    • Which are the games you are trying to launch?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error notification while trying to launch the game?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?

I would like to inform that the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable x86,
    usually occupy 1 GB of the storage space.

I suggest you to run disk cleanup to free the memory: Free up drive space in Windows 10
    and check.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 12, 2024
  4. Jay Jap Win User

I want to completely remove and stop "Gaming Services" from running in the background.

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Hello Kerry,

TMP files are temporary files that are created to temporarily hold data on your computer while you are using a specific software application. Since it is just a temporary files, it is safe to say that there are no consequences when you delete.

I suggest that you use the Disk cleanup tool to delete the temporary files. Here's how:

1. Press the Windows key on your keyboard and type Disk cleanup in the search box and hit
      Enter.
    2. Under Files to delete, select the file types to get rid of. To get a description of the file type, select it.
    3. Select OK.

If you want to temporarily disable the Background Intelligent Transfer Service to manually delete the said file, just follow these steps.

1. Press the Windows key on your keyboard and type Services in the search box and hit Enter.
    2. In the Services window, look for and right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and choose Properties.
    3. If you want to stop it from running, just hit the Stop button under
      Service Status, but if you want to disable it, change the option in
      Startup type to Disabled, hit Apply, then
      OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Jay Jap, Jun 12, 2024
Thema:

I want to completely remove and stop "Gaming Services" from running in the background.

1. I want to completely remove and stop "Gaming Services" from running in the background. - Similar Threads - completely remove stop

2. How to stop news & interest from running in background?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to stop news & interest from running in background?: Why is news and interest still running in the background even though I have disabled it from the Taskbarin the screenshot is currently running in eco mode but that's not always the case...
  3. I want to completely remove and stop "Gaming Services" from running in the background.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to completely remove and stop "Gaming Services" from running in the background.: I am signed in as the administrator and it is the ONLY account on my device and I have already taken ownership of the folders and files therein using a powershell command yes, running it as administrator but when I go to delete the files it still states I do not have...
  4. Is Service on wsl running on background ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Service on wsl running on background ?: Hello I am new on wsl / wsl2 here, currently I am using win 11, if I'm using wsl2 on my windows, let say using ubuntu distro, and I'm running service on my wsl ubuntu like postgre, mongo, mysql, docker, rabbit-mq, will these services run in the background? even if I don't...
  5. Is Service on wsl running on background ?

Is Service on wsl running on background ?: Hello I am new on wsl / wsl2 here, currently I am using win 11, if I'm using wsl2 on my windows, let say using ubuntu distro, and I'm running service on my wsl ubuntu like postgre, mongo, mysql, docker, rabbit-mq, will these services run in the background? even if I don't...
  6. I want to completly remove windows hello.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to completly remove windows hello.: I dont want to just disable it. I want it gone !I already tried unactivaing it in the regedit : it "works" but it still shows up in the lock screen and if u have the badluck to click on pin connection for anyreason it will softlock you out of your computer once you try to...
  7. I want to completly remove windows hello.

I want to completly remove windows hello.: I dont want to just disable it. I want it gone !I already tried unactivaing it in the regedit : it "works" but it still shows up in the lock screen and if u have the badluck to click on pin connection for anyreason it will softlock you out of your computer once you try to...
  8. I want to completly remove windows hello.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  9. How to uninstall/Remove completely Xbox app Gaming Services

How to uninstall/Remove completely Xbox app Gaming Services: Recently I installed the new Xbox app by windows which installed prerequisites some gaming services, I didn't like the app much so I uninstalled it, but the gaming services are still running in the background I tried all the ways to uninstall it but nothing worked it seems...
  10. Stop Windows Edge from Running in the Background

in Browsers and Email
    Stop Windows Edge from Running in the Background: Can we stop 'Windows Edge' from running in the background? Should we? 15142