Windows 10: I want to go back to Win 7 don't like 10

Discus and support I want to go back to Win 7 don't like 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I don't really like the way Win 10 is and would like to go back to Win 7 on my laptop and stay there. I have run across several things in 10 that have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by LeeB, Jul 30, 2015.

1. LeeB Win User

I want to go back to Win 7 don't like 10

I don't really like the way Win 10 is and would like to go back to Win 7 on my laptop and stay there. I have run across several things in 10 that have thrown me for a loop.....
    Took me many years to be comfortable with 7 and this Old Dog don't need to learn new trick

Thanks

:)

2. want to go back to WIN 7

Thank you! I was able to return to WIN 7 without any problems after reading the info & doing the steps required. It went back to ALL my settings perfectly & I couldn't be happier! Thanks again!

slippery1wet, Jul 30, 2015
  3. want to go back to WIN 7

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

For reverting back to previous version of Operating System you may refer to the article mentioned below.

Go back to your previous version of Windows

For further reference you may refer to the below mentioned WIKI article.

Frequently Asked Questions:
    Windows 10

Hope the information provided is helpful. Do let us know if you have any queries related to Windows, we will be happy to assist you.

Divya Murugan, Jul 30, 2015
  4. I want to go back to Win 7 don't like 10

Should give it a couple more days before tossing in the towel... I was feeling hesitant myself and once installed I came across a couple of hiccups and was about to turn tail and run back to 7. Instead I took a nap and then Googled the issues I was having and now that their fixed... I'm mostly ok with this new OS. Couple of things are still annoying me but they are minor issues and not enough to make me reinstall 7 yet.

MortTheBeast, Jul 30, 2015
  5. NUS
    Nus Win User
    Under the hood I think Win 10 is a lot better.

On the visual side of things, after a bit of use, Win 7 looks as ancient as Win XP did after using Win 7 for a bit. Lol...

6. Hope they will rework awful settings screen. UI is terrible there.

johnnybgood, Jul 30, 2015
  7. I know right? It's like that screen was an afterthought lol.

8. I want to go back to Win 7 don't like 10

Are you just telling us this? Or, are you asking for directions on how to make this happen?

Not everyone is going to like Win10. Those that really liked Win8 will probably like Win10 even more; those that liked Win7 will probably not like the flat "metro" UI of Win10.

Mark Phelps, Jul 30, 2015
  9. z3r010 Win User
    z3r010, Jul 30, 2015
  10. LeeB Win User
    I'll hang in there for a few and try and figure stuff out...... I know I don;t like the way it treats my pictures and I do not like the fact that I am unable to change colors...... Plus I am worried how much Big Brother is watching....... I have no idea why I should use "The Cloud" I will never want to access my stuff from another computer or phone. I like having everything right here and should I loose it Oops my bad for not backing up.
    I really dislike the way e-mail is working. I have 3 G-mail accounts and have them all in there but reading them is a PITA I would like to have it set up over and under rather then side by side..... Just a few complaints........

11. I don't like the Big Brother thing either, thats why I opted not to use Cloud and also disabled Cortana. As for how certain things are handled like your pictures... maybe look into 3rd party software? I didn't like the built in music player so downloaded VLC Media Player. For mail I'm using Outlook from Office... way more options and couldn't live without it. For pictures Im still using the default but not sure if it will grow on me or not... I liked the way pics were handled in Win7 better.

12. Yeah. Looks like Windows Photo Viewer is gone. I hated the metro "photos" in 8/8.1 and I still hate it in 10. Otherwise its OK and i'm liking it *Smile

Maltesespace, Jul 30, 2015
  13. I want to go back to Win 7 don't like 10

If by Big Brother, you mean MS, the ongoing debate about "keylogging" in Win10 applied specifically to the terms in the Insider Preview that granted MS the authority to capture keystrokes. As far as I know, there is no such right being granted in the Win10 upgrade.

Mark Phelps, Jul 30, 2015
  14. strollin Win User
    If you don't like the Photo or Mail app or whatever app, install some other program to handle those functions. There are lots of free photo edit/display programs out there such as IrfanView that you can install. There are free email clients out there as well such as Thunderbird.

strollin, Jul 30, 2015
  15. NUS
    Nus Win User
    The old Windows Photo Viewer is there, you just need to set is as the default for image files.

Thema:

I want to go back to Win 7 don't like 10

1. I want to go back to Win 7 don't like 10 - Similar Threads - don't

2. Link to Windows is at the top of my data usage but says "restricted" I don't even have a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Link to Windows is at the top of my data usage but says "restricted" I don't even have a...: I'm not sure why Link to Windows is restricted and I don't even have a computer in my house? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/link-to-windows-is-at-the-top-of-my-data-usage-but/cb519393-a520-4376-b5e5-c0bd46b03375
  3. Link to Windows is at the top of my data usage but says "restricted" I don't even have a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Link to Windows is at the top of my data usage but says "restricted" I don't even have a...: I'm not sure why Link to Windows is restricted and I don't even have a computer in my house? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/link-to-windows-is-at-the-top-of-my-data-usage-but/cb519393-a520-4376-b5e5-c0bd46b03375
  4. I got this samsung laptop from my friend and I don't know te password.. How can I enter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I got this samsung laptop from my friend and I don't know te password.. How can I enter: I got this laptop from a friend. When I try to open it this is what I get. I don't know the password. What should I do to open it. Please can someone tall me what to do step by step....
  5. I got this samsung laptop from my friend and I don't know te password.. How can I enter

I got this samsung laptop from my friend and I don't know te password.. How can I enter: I got this laptop from a friend. When I try to open it this is what I get. I don't know the password. What should I do to open it. Please can someone tall me what to do step by step....
  6. why most of the browsers don't work correctly in Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why most of the browsers don't work correctly in Win 11: HI,why most of the browsers don't work correctly in Win 11. Edge can't play most of the stream videos... same with Opera, Firefox have web meeting problems... no one want to use Chrome, but luckily there is one what seems to work99% ok but it's bit slow Vivaldi.So question is...
  7. why most of the browsers don't work correctly in Win 11

why most of the browsers don't work correctly in Win 11: HI,why most of the browsers don't work correctly in Win 11. Edge can't play most of the stream videos... same with Opera, Firefox have web meeting problems... no one want to use Chrome, but luckily there is one what seems to work99% ok but it's bit slow Vivaldi.So question is...
  8. Java saying I don't own it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Java saying I don't own it: Hi I just purchased java and bedrock Minecraft from the Microsoft store however upon installation and looking through the menus to find my java version it says that I have to buy java again for the original price of $24.99 any fixes would be greatly appreciated.Thx so much....
  9. Java saying I don't own it

Java saying I don't own it: Hi I just purchased java and bedrock Minecraft from the Microsoft store however upon installation and looking through the menus to find my java version it says that I have to buy java again for the original price of $24.99 any fixes would be greatly appreciated.Thx so much....
  10. Cannot activate windows on recently factory reset laptop: "you don't have a valid digital...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot activate windows on recently factory reset laptop: "you don't have a valid digital...: I very recently acquired a new for me laptop, it's a Lenovo yoga laptop idk if that helps. It still had an old business account on it so I decided to factory reset it it's not stolen. I wasn't able to activate windows invalid product key? and I'm not really the most tech...