Windows 10: I want to go back to win 7 style tooltips - words not pictures

Discus and support I want to go back to win 7 style tooltips - words not pictures in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I can't find any way to do that. I HATE graphical crap on my desktop - and there is absolutely no reason in this world to pop up pics of what's open.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by vkaryl, Nov 16, 2015.

1. vkaryl Win User

I want to go back to win 7 style tooltips - words not pictures

I can't find any way to do that. I HATE graphical crap on my desktop - and there is absolutely no reason in this world to pop up pics of what's open. The tooltips for unopen apps are words; I want the open apps that way too. Anyone have any ideas?

:)

vkaryl, Nov 16, 2015

2. want to go back to WIN 7

Thank you! I was able to return to WIN 7 without any problems after reading the info & doing the steps required. It went back to ALL my settings perfectly & I couldn't be happier! Thanks again!

slippery1wet, Nov 16, 2015
  3. want to go back to WIN 7

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

For reverting back to previous version of Operating System you may refer to the article mentioned below.

Go back to your previous version of Windows

For further reference you may refer to the below mentioned WIKI article.

Frequently Asked Questions:
    Windows 10

Hope the information provided is helpful. Do let us know if you have any queries related to Windows, we will be happy to assist you.

Divya Murugan, Nov 16, 2015
  4. vkaryl Win User

One bump, just in case it got buried by other posts. Anyone have an idea?

vkaryl, Nov 19, 2015
Thema:

1. I want to go back to win 7 style tooltips - words not pictures - Similar Threads - style tooltips words

2. want to go back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    want to go back: my daughter received a new laptop for xmas , with win 11, when I first turned it on it was win10 s mode and did the update before i even had a chance to backup anything . she wants to go back to win 10 how do i do that? I do not have the go back option either....
  3. want to go back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    want to go back: my daughter received a new laptop for xmas , with win 11, when I first turned it on it was win10 s mode and did the update before i even had a chance to backup anything . she wants to go back to win 10 how do i do that? I do not have the go back option either....
  4. I want to go back to W7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I want to go back to W7: I want to go back to Windows 7, I got tired of windows 10 its constant updates I don't like it, I don't want it anymore, help me to go back to my old W7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-go-back-to-w7/32e35853-8830-43dc-b332-c249aa42ca67
  5. I want to go back to Windows 7.

I want to go back to Windows 7.: Microsoft freely gave us Windows 10 which is too much for a lot of older computers. Mine can pretty much only open this web browser at this point. Can't to anything else even though I've done a recovery and nothing is on this computer except what was installed by the...
  6. Ready to go back to win 7

in Windows 10 Support
    Ready to go back to win 7: Well I have Win 10 installed, and want put win 7 back on. I have a Win7 64 bit disc (thanks to ICIT2LOL!) and my system will take 64 bit, is there an option to save all my files pictures videos etc, onto DVD with one click? or do I just 'send to' what I want to save to...
  7. Ready to go back to win 7

in Windows 10 Support
    Ready to go back to win 7: Well I have Win 10 installed, and want put win 7 back on. I have a Win7 64 bit disc (thanks to ICIT2LOL!) and my system will take 64 bit, is there an option to save all my files pictures videos etc, onto DVD with one click? or do I just 'send to' what I want to save to...
  8. I want to go back to Win 7 don't like 10

in Windows 10 Support
    I want to go back to Win 7 don't like 10: I don't really like the way Win 10 is and would like to go back to Win 7 on my laptop and stay there. I have run across several things in 10 that have thrown me for a loop..... Took me many years to be comfortable with 7 and this Old Dog don't need to learn new trick...
  9. Upgrade to Win 10 - Go Back to Win 7 Question

Upgrade to Win 10 - Go Back to Win 7 Question: I had set up a dual boot with Win 7 and clean install of Win 10, with Win 10 on a separate SSD. Never registered Win 10. I removed the Win 10 SSD from my case. Went back to single boot Win 7. Now my question is... Would there be a problem (with Microsoft) if I...
  10. I want to go back to 10586

I want to go back to 10586: Hello all, I am on Windows 10 Education 64-bit Build 14267. I want to go back to 10586, but I have deleted the previous installation files in Disk Cleanup. I am wondering if it is possible to do a repair install with a 10586 iso file, like you could when downgrading from...