Windows 10: I want to put Windows OS On this Andriod RCA Tablet Safely, Help?

Discus and support I want to put Windows OS On this Andriod RCA Tablet Safely, Help? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Yeah I don't know much about OS installing on Tablet Hardware, but If anyone could help implementing a windows OS safely, and Not do any of that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SotoPrior, Jul 27, 2017.

1. SotoPrior Win User

I want to put Windows OS On this Andriod RCA Tablet Safely, Help?

Yeah I don't know much about OS installing on Tablet Hardware, but If anyone could help implementing a windows OS safely, and Not do any of that installs that are Linux based, because I'm trying to work with small Exe files, and I would like to actually have a use for this small thing for once.
    Good news is this actually has a USB 2.0 port, so booting it from a thumb drive is actually possible. Can't say I know much more than that, I had Google searched before, and one article noted a big drop in performance from their device and their touch screen being completely disabled, so I figured I'd ask here, so I don't care if I replace this OS with windows 8.1, so long as I can give it a windows based OS without a drop in performance speed I'd be grateful, thanks.

:)

SotoPrior, Jul 27, 2017

2. Can Windows 10 be installed on RCA andriod lollipop?

Original title: windows 10 on andriod lollipop

I'm having trouble installing windows10 on my tablet. I have tried everything, what can i do to get it on my RCA andriod lollipop?

ConnieHagedorn, Jul 27, 2017
  3. A Scanner USB Camera/Wi-Fi, and a RCA Tablet are on my network and in my Devices, Unknown to me. How to Find them, Delete ?

Thank You. I am only using ethernet, no Wi-Fi on my Computer.And my Modem is Secured. I whitelisted the MAC address on the RCA Tablet, and I just Checked, now it shows 2 Devices, different MAC's. And then all of a sudden, they both dissappeared... Weird...
    I want to put Windows OS On this Andriod RCA Tablet Safely, Help? :p

Just to be clear,Ward

You only want to whitelist YOUR TRUSTED devices on your network.

If the mystery "rca tablet" doesn't belong to you, then DO NOT put it's mac address on the whitelist.

99.9% of all "tablets" would use Wi-Fi, so if your modem/router is broadcasting a wireless signal that you don't need or use, consider turning that(wireless) OFF.

JohnHonest56, Jul 27, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

Many devices that run Android don't have CPUs that are supported by Windows but some might. But we don't know what that tablet has in the way of hardware in it. You mentioned Windows 8.1 so maybe someone over at Windows 8 Forums can help.

Berton, Jul 27, 2017
  5. Tony K Win User
    Hi there, SotoPrior. Welcome to TenForums.

Please post what the device is and as much as you know about the CPU.

Tony K, Jul 27, 2017
  6. strollin Win User
    As others have said, more info is needed about the tablet itself. However, I personally doubt this Android tablet can run Windows since the Android OS is specifically made for ARM cpus while Windows is specifically directed at x86 cpus. Completely different architecture. The OSes are not interchangeable in that regard.

strollin, Jul 27, 2017
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    99% chance that RCA Android tablet will not be able to run Windows at all. First thing is you would have to be able to boot into some kind of BIOS or UEFI in order to boot from a Windows USB flash drive and that tablet will likely boot into the Android boot loader/recovery firmware which will be impossible to load a Windows USB flash drive from.

For less than $200, I bought a Nextbook Flexx Windows tablet from WalMart and it is great for the price, IMHO.

NavyLCDR, Jul 27, 2017
  8. SotoPrior Win User

Whelp according to the Boot up, it did mention something about a Viking Pro, at the start.

Model Number is RCT6303W87DK

Build Number is RCT6303W87DK-ANDROID 5.0-V63-V1.12.20-B

I'm looking at the system Information about the tablet, so bear with me.

Actually I just found a site which should show the full specs from Googling the Build Number:

http://specdevice.com/showspec.php?i...3-c5870033c587

Aside from that, I really don't care if it is Windows 98 that actually works, I'm just trying to utilize what I have.

SotoPrior, Jul 27, 2017
  9. SotoPrior Win User
    Oh I appreciate the suggestion, I was just throwing out cards to see whatever would work for android better that Microsoft had to offer, based on some article I read before posting here. Personally I don't care what is compatible with it, so long as I can actually get a Windows OS onto it. I appreciate the thought, but I'm truly not hard on to anything so far. Thanks.

SotoPrior, Jul 27, 2017
  10. SotoPrior Win User
    Hey thanks for the Suggestion. Really I am actually going to invest in a laptop later today, I'm trying to actually put some windows based OS because originally, I bought this little tablet here for 80$ refurbished to get some work done on it, but aside from the little free Microsoft Office app that they supported on the Google play store, I'll be frank, I haven't had much use for the thing, being it just collecting dust, and I was wishing to make something off it than a little kid's play thing (if you get what I mean,) and Actually make some use out of it. By all means I appreciate the suggestion for a different tablet, but the thing is, (at least as of this post) my finances are more projected in a different area right now, and either way, I unfortunately can't poof away the device and magically have the windows one. Don't get me wrong, it is just not in my best interests right now is all that I'm trying to say. I just want to say thank you for taking the time either way to read my qualms and reply thank you.

SotoPrior, Jul 27, 2017
  11. Tony K Win User
    Thanks for the info. Windows RT may run on it. I'll have to do more research on it, though. I'll be back....

Tony K, Jul 27, 2017
  12. Tony K Win User
    I found this: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...windows-rt-faq

Unfortunately even if it did run on it, all Windows RT OSs came preinstalled. No way to buy it outright that I can see.

As others have mentioned the best advice is to try and sell it, then use the money towards a Windows device.

Tony K, Jul 27, 2017
  13. NavyLCDR New Member

Looks like it has GPS, so you could use it for navigation. You can also put Nook and Kindle on it and use it as an E-reader.

NavyLCDR, Jul 28, 2017
  14. >>ARMv7 Processor rev 3<< Will not run the x86 version of Windows. It's "maybe" Windows RT or Windows 10 IoT. As mentioned Windows RT is next to impossible to get your hands on. The sites you'd have to go to, to get It, are risky at best. You also need a specific version for your specific hardware. Windows 10 IoT is also written for very specific hardware and likely won't install on your tablet. You likely wouldn't want that version of Windows 10 anyway. It's very very limited in what you can do with it. My Raspberry Pi's have a very similar CPU and run Raspbian (based on Debian). You may be able to run Linux on it? If you hunt around.

alphanumeric, Jul 28, 2017
  15. This is correct. ARM processors on machines like this need software specifically ported for them.
    I have 3 Pine64+'s and all run android 5.1.1

blktiger60, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. I want to put Windows OS On this Andriod RCA Tablet Safely, Help? - Similar Threads - put Andriod RCA

2. Can I put Mappoint on a tablet?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I put Mappoint on a tablet?: I would like to install an old version of Mappoint 2013 on a tablet. I don't care what make or model or how old it is. I just want to put Mappoint on a tablet. I will buy an old used tablet as Mappoint will be the only thing I use it for. I know it is unsupported, but that...
  3. Can I put Mappoint on a tablet?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I put Mappoint on a tablet?: I would like to install an old version of Mappoint 2013 on a tablet. I don't care what make or model or how old it is. I just want to put Mappoint on a tablet. I will buy an old used tablet as Mappoint will be the only thing I use it for. I know it is unsupported, but that...
  4. RCA tablet locked up.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RCA tablet locked up.: I have a RCA tablet that is locked up. Unable to cook anything even the keyboard doesn't work. So how can I perform reset on this tablet to update windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rca-tablet-locked-up/6c368751-ae5b-4ef4-83a9-f4767df0ec60
  5. Tablet RCA Cambio W101SA23T1 Battery issue (missing drivers)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Tablet RCA Cambio W101SA23T1 Battery issue (missing drivers): Hello sorry for formatting or maybe lack of information just ask for any clarification and ill do the best i can but here is my issue. I have the tablet and it's not displaying the battery information, in device manager, there is not batteries list in there. though there...
  6. Can't reset my RCA Windows 10 tablet is stuck on the RCA flat screen logo screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't reset my RCA Windows 10 tablet is stuck on the RCA flat screen logo screen: my RCA Windows 10 tablet is stuck on the RCA logo screen the black screen I tried factory resetting it and nothing happened it just continues to pop up the same screen over and over help please...
  7. Reset my RCA tablet now wont work

Reset my RCA tablet now wont work: I did a factory clean wipe on my old tablet windows starts up but I can access anything the menu bar wont work at all. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-my-rca-tablet-now-wont-work/ef7d369d-0a70-4a87-a975-70646eb7a1e5
  8. RCA tablet windows installation loop

RCA tablet windows installation loop: OK so i had to reset my RCA tablet. when i did it was stuck on the rca logo then would shut off. so i had to HARD reset it. when i did windows needed to reinstall as it was it made it to 64% then shut down. i turned it back on and now it displays the logo then goes into a 1...
  9. RCA tablet reset

RCA tablet reset: I have a RCA tablet that would not complete the factory reset and now it's stuck in the mode of trying to complete the automatic repair. How can I use the administrator screen to fix this issue? I have gone to advance options, trouble shooting, command prompt, typed in c:,...
  10. Windows 10 or Andriod?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 or Andriod?: I'm a little confused about Windows 10 (Pro). When I first started my new computer, it looked like android with apps (titles), but I didn't like that, so now my computers runs and looks like Windows 7 (Pro). Lately, I've been playing a game that runs on Android only, and...