Windows 10: I want to remove Facebook Messenger

Discus and support I want to remove Facebook Messenger in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The Power-shell method is not the most user friendly unless you are used to working in the command prompt or maybe linux, it will get the job done but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by thomcats, Jan 20, 2017.

1. Barman58 Win User

I want to remove Facebook Messenger

The Power-shell method is not the most user friendly unless you are used to working in the command prompt or maybe linux, it will get the job done but takes careful consideration and use

Barman58, Jan 20, 2017

2. It's just a matter of getting use to things. Trust me, I know how hard it is to adapt to things since I have Aspergers Syndrome (Autism). But if I can do it then you can do it. I didn't like the new Messenger update for iPhone and Android, but I have gotten used to it.

Jesse Williams, Jan 20, 2017
  3. thomcats Win User
    Thank you! I have done it a cpl of times before and I'm not afraid of trying. I know one has to be careful and double-check before applying changes. *Think

thomcats, Jan 20, 2017
  4. thomcats Win User

Thank you - it's a comfort reading your reply too. I will se how far my patience will take me!

thomcats, Jan 20, 2017
  5. You can type m.facebook.com in the url of your browser on your desktop computer. You will get the old messaging but it changes the whole format size of the screen.

As many others have suggested it probably is best just to get used to it. It's unlikely that Facebook while revert back but may include a feature possibly for the old version.

Just to confirm we are talking about Facebook webversion in a browser on a desktop? Not the windows app via the app store called Messenger?

ellellell1, Jan 21, 2017
  6. thomcats Win User
    You're quite right about the version. I'm out to kill the Facebook Messenger. Thought that possibly removing the Windows app might help, but it doesn't. Will look into the URL you suggested above. Thanks! *Smile

thomcats, Jan 21, 2017
  7. Eika Win User
    Hi, how did you go with killing Facebook Messenger? *Smile This is exactly the frustration I have! I loathe it. And I just want it off the Desktop version of Facebook.

Thema:

1. I want to remove Facebook Messenger - Similar Threads - remove Facebook Messenger

2. messenger and facebook textig

in Windows 10 Gaming
    messenger and facebook textig: I have a friend that we had blocked each other or changed a setting.We are friends on FB and can see each post of each other. I messenger we can see the post that we send each other But we can't see the post the other one has send, HELP PLEASE...
  3. Facebook Messenger Download

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Facebook Messenger Download: Hi, So I have been trying to download Facebook Messenger on my Windows 10 Microsoft App Store, and everytime I click install, it says "Try again. There's a problem on our end. Waiting a bit might help." Also, I want to let you know that this is a school laptop,...
  4. Facebook Messenger

in Windows 10 Customization
    Facebook Messenger: Hi I am getting the following message when I try to make a video call. However it does not allow me to turn the camera and mic on. Can you help? Please allow camera and microphone access Allow Messenger to use your camera and microphone so that others on the call can see and...
  5. Facebook Messenger

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Facebook Messenger: I could not make an audio call from FB Messenger but I could on Viber and Zoom. I plan to uninstall, reinstall Messenger but I don't see the app on the uninstall app of the control panel. Facebook app is not also there. What shall I do? Thank you. Elvie...
  6. Facebook messenger

Facebook messenger: I had to reset my evoo laptop a few days ago because my grandson did something to it and nothing was working right. Yesterday I went thru my app library and re-installed a few of the apps I use most that were on here before, messenger being one. All of them except messenger...
  7. Facebook Messenger

Facebook Messenger: How do I remove facebook messenger from my desktop computer and if I do can I still get messages on my desktop (windows 10). https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/facebook-messenger/6d59e6d1-b30e-4beb-b87a-9e545a37ee84
  8. Facebook Messenger

Facebook Messenger: Hello! I have a problem with Facebook Messenger. Each time I try to login to my Facebook Account from the Facebook Messenger Desktop app, I receive an error message telling me that the Security Code I enter (sent to my Mobile Phone) is not correct. This doesn't happen when I...
  9. Facebook Messenger

Facebook Messenger: Ok so, I don't know if anyone else has problems with Facebook Messenger. There's a couple of problems I see. Every night, my girlfriend I will talk, and then tell each other goodnight, or she'll take a nap during the day time. I have no problem with that. She's pregnant....
  10. Facebook Messenger

in Windows 10 Support
    Facebook Messenger: Ok so, I don't know if anyone else has problems with Facebook Messenger. There's a couple of problems I see. Every night, my girlfriend I will talk, and then tell each other goodnight, or she'll take a nap during the day time. I have no problem with that. She's pregnant....