Windows 10: I want to serve my files on Windows like a cloud storage service

Discus and support I want to serve my files on Windows like a cloud storage service in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I am using an old computer at home as a NAS server and I want to share some files on this server from any computer or network. Normally for this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ömer Serhat SÖNMEZ, Apr 24, 2024.

1. I want to serve my files on Windows like a cloud storage service

Hello, I am using an old computer at home as a NAS server and I want to share some files on this server from any computer or network. Normally for this I can use my dynamic IP address on the internet and publish via HTTP on port 80 BUT! It is very difficult to do this in Turkey, our internet provider services do not allow us to open ports, is there any other alternative way?

:)

Ömer Serhat SÖNMEZ, Apr 24, 2024
  2. WiIfred P Win User

cloud storage

Hi Merickson,

This is Wil, one of the independent advisor, an expert with Windows 10 and a fellow Windows 10 user like you. I understand your concern about cloud storage.

Yes, you may actually access the files that you saved on the cloud storage on other devices. That is actually the main purpose of cloud storage. First, you would need to identify what cloud storage service did you use (OneDrive or Google Drive). Then on your
    Windows 10 laptop, you would just need to use the same application and sign-in using the same account to access the documents.

I hope my suggestions help you. If you need further assistance please do reply back and I will respond as quickly as possible. Have a nice day.

Thanks,

Wilfred P.

Independent Advisor

WiIfred P, Apr 24, 2024
  3. Missing cloud storage files

Hi Ron-

Thank you for you detailed response. It should be sync on your new device if it is under cloud storage. MS office has OneDrive cloud storage.

You need to sign in your OneDrive account for you to be able get your files back.

Here are the links that might help you with your concern.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office365/serv...

https://www.microsoft.com/en/microsoft-365/oned...

You need to remember your password for your subscription for you sign in your account.

Hope this will help and have a bless day!

Thanks.

Kevin B.

Independent advisor

Kevin Bartolo., Apr 24, 2024
  4. qubit Win User

I want to serve my files on Windows like a cloud storage service

Help me choose the best 1TB cloud storage service

Just a heads up that cloud storage is on the backburner at the moment, but I'll get back to you once I've had a chance to explore the options you've suggested to me.

Thanks for all your replies, peeps. *Toast :toast:

qubit, Apr 24, 2024
Thema:

I want to serve my files on Windows like a cloud storage service

1. I want to serve my files on Windows like a cloud storage service - Similar Threads - serve files cloud

2. I want to serve my files on Windows like a cloud storage service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to serve my files on Windows like a cloud storage service: Hello, I am using an old computer at home as a NAS server and I want to share some files on this server from any computer or network. Normally for this I can use my dynamic IP address on the internet and publish via HTTP on port 80 BUT! It is very difficult to do this in...
  3. I want to serve my files on Windows like a cloud storage service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to serve my files on Windows like a cloud storage service: Hello, I am using an old computer at home as a NAS server and I want to share some files on this server from any computer or network. Normally for this I can use my dynamic IP address on the internet and publish via HTTP on port 80 BUT! It is very difficult to do this in...
  4. Missing cloud storage files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing cloud storage files: I had MS Office on my old computer which burned in a house fire along with all passwords and records. I have a new laptop and have MS Office but haven't been able to locate my old files....
  5. CLOUD SERVICE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    CLOUD SERVICE: HOW CAN I REMOVE MYSELF FROM CLOUD SERVICE AND GET MY ACCOUNTS TO UPDATE THEMSELVES CORRECTLY ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cloud-service/1828581d-1f93-4eed-b6eb-997376242bd1
  6. cloud storage

cloud storage: I have saved my documents onto a cloud from my Android Samsung Galaxy S9 phone. Can I get access to my documents on my Cloud storage using my Windows 10 laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cloud-storage/628faa21-e24b-48c6-b1fc-6cc41c95cc8d
  7. Cloud Storage

Cloud Storage: Recently my computer died, with a considerable amount of data in the cloud! On replacing said computer, I have used backups to get some of the data back. But, the new cloud access (peter/onedrive) is different from the old one (pjesOnedrive (still there)) and my everyday...
  8. DLNA Media Servers and serving Cloud Files

DLNA Media Servers and serving Cloud Files: Hello. Have never posted here before, and if my question is silly or obvious, I apologize, but have no expertise in many of these subjects. I have an Aluratek Radio wifi device. It is capable of playing streaming media from a DLNA media server. I use it to play music...
  9. it uploaded all of my files to the cloud to which i did not like

it uploaded all of my files to the cloud to which i did not like: Hi there. im looking for some help .i had one drive installed (i will never again in my life ever use!!!) it uploaded all of my files to the cloud to which i did not like . so i deiceded to delete this on doing so it left the one drive folder on my computer . now this really...
  10. Moving files to cloud storage?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Moving files to cloud storage?: Hey guys, I sound dumb for asking this has stupidly I never backed up files until recently onto cloud (until my hard drive failed with pictures I can't get back) Can I move files/software to windows cloud and delete them off my hard drive to free up some space? Thanks...