Windows 10: I want to tell W10 Pro - to install updates

Discus and support I want to tell W10 Pro - to install updates in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I acquired a 64bit desktop PC yesterday (not new). It has a fresh install of W10 Pro 64bit (It was upgraded from a fresh W7 Pro install, 2 days ago).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by RobDownUnder, Jan 11, 2016.

1. I want to tell W10 Pro - to install updates

I acquired a 64bit desktop PC yesterday (not new).
    It has a fresh install of W10 Pro 64bit (It was upgraded from a fresh W7 Pro install, 2 days ago).
    I like to control when things happen on my PC.
    I have managed to find the setting to prevent automatic install of Windows updates (it still can download when it feels like it).
    I am trying to find where I can tell it to do the install, and I cannot find any flipping thing.
    Control panel does not have "Updates & Security"
    It only has "Security and Maintenance", and I cannot find what I am looking for there.

Could someone tell me where I can tell Windows - I am ready to install updates

Help (W10 is killing me),
    Rob
    PS If someone writes a program that provides easy access to all the settings, or provides a better search than the one in Control panel (It returns nothing when you search for "Windows update"), I would pay $50 for it.

:)

RobDownUnder, Jan 11, 2016
  2. Mark56=74 Win User

deleting the windows 10 upgrade in windows 7 update page.

This is the third try for this. I updated to W10 and found nothing worked on my PC. I went back to W7 and want to stay there. W10 downloaded again to my Windows Update page and is sitting there waiting to install. I DO NOT WANT TO INSTALL W10 AGAIN. I
    DO NOT WANT W10. I WANT TO DELETE IT FROM THE W7 WINDOWS UPDATE PAGE. Please understand. I have asked this question twice before and the replies I got back were all telling me how to install W10 on my computer. I DON'T WANT IT INSTALLED ON MY COMPUTER. I deleted
    the box on the taskbar. I want to delete the uninstalled update from the windows update page, I want to get rid of it. I don't know how clear I can make it. I DON'T WANT WINDOWS 10. I can't go to installed updates and delete it because it is not installed.
    I WANT TO DELETE THE UNINSTALLED PROGRAM FROM WINDOWS 7 WINDOWS UPDATE PAGE. I looked all over the update page and there is noting there that will allow me to delete this uninstalled program. CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW TO DELETE IT FROM THE W7 UPDATE PAGE AND
    NOT TELL ME HOW TO INSTALL IT. I DON'T WANT IT INSTALLED.

Mark56=74, Jan 11, 2016
  3. Rober194 Win User
    Windows 10 Upgraded and Activated

I upgraded from W7 Pro to W10 Pro And it is Activated. I've decided I want to install a new SSD. Will I be able to install the new SSD and install W10 Pro on my New SSD and will it activate?

Rober194, Jan 11, 2016
  4. lx07 Win User

I want to tell W10 Pro - to install updates

Windows update has completely moved from the old control panel to the new settings app..

You should be able to search there (or direct from start - just press *Start and start typing). You do need to wait for indexing to complete before the search works but that should not take long and it will tell you if it isn't finished).

I want to tell W10 Pro - to install updates [​IMG]

When you go into Windows update from there you can check if it has anything to install, schedule a time and so on.

You could have a look at the tutorials linked from this one Windows Update - Choose How Updates are Installed in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums perhaps.

5. I (who hates anything that I don't control), always turn off indexing.
    I intended to never use the Apps, but I followed your advice and went to Settings in there.
    A search for "update" returned nothing, however the main screen has a few categories, and one of them was "Update & Security", and in there I found Windows Update, which appears to be what I was looking for.

Thank you for your assistance, much appreciated,
    Rob

RobDownUnder, Jan 11, 2016
  6. Datapod Win User
    PS If someone writes a program that provides easy access to all the settings, or provides a better search than the one in Control panel (It returns nothing when you search for "Windows update"), I would pay $50 for it.[/QUOTE]

http://lifehacker.com/activate-god-m...win-1721853635

Datapod, Jan 11, 2016
  7. lx07 Win User
    lx07, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

I want to tell W10 Pro - to install updates

1. I want to tell W10 Pro - to install updates - Similar Threads - tell W10 Pro

2. W10 Pro Retail Activation on and W10 Enterprise Eval installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 Pro Retail Activation on and W10 Enterprise Eval installation: Hi everyone.I use the W10 Enterprise Eval ISO in various VM Labs for study purposes.I am also using the W10 Enterprise ISO in a VM on my main computer for connecting to work systems, my initial thought was as I am now working from home permanently I would be able to get a...
  3. W10 Pro Retail Activation on and W10 Enterprise Eval installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W10 Pro Retail Activation on and W10 Enterprise Eval installation: Hi everyone.I use the W10 Enterprise Eval ISO in various VM Labs for study purposes.I am also using the W10 Enterprise ISO in a VM on my main computer for connecting to work systems, my initial thought was as I am now working from home permanently I would be able to get a...
  4. Installing W10 on a MacBook Pro

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing W10 on a MacBook Pro: I want to install a new SSD and just run Windows 10. Can I do this? I don’t plan on ever using iOS again. submitted by /u/Ditchbanger480 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eyd5oo/installing_w10_on_a_macbook_pro/
  5. W10 Pro x64 new install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 Pro x64 new install: Hello, Ive been running W7 on my desktop for the last 10 years and its been running quite flawlessly. Since W7 wont be supported by Jan 2020 I decided that it was time to upgrade to W10 (clean install with a legit license). It went quite smooth and Ive unplug the internet...
  6. Installing W10 Pro on a new computer

Installing W10 Pro on a new computer: I am about to retire my old desktop (W10 Pro Microsoft account) and replace it with a new one. Is there any way I can install version 1809 on the new machine without having to pay extra for an upgrade from Home? I have a bootable 1809 thumb drive from which I assume I can use...
  7. Going Bonkers here - on W10 pro !!! activation wants install W10 pro !

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Going Bonkers here - on W10 pro !!! activation wants install W10 pro !: Hi there anybody know how to fix this Have changed no hardware whatsoever on this machine -- was running perfectly until about an hour ago and then said please activate windows !!!!! here's the screenshot [img] What to do next -- can restore but I'd rather...
  8. Cannot install W10 Pro (full install) - wants NEW PC

Cannot install W10 Pro (full install) - wants NEW PC: A little history. I have been a PC owner/user for over 25 years, and have built my own systems from scratch for the last 20 years. I'm currently on the fourth build in my current ATX case. I had been a W2000 user, but had to migrate to Windows 7. I was happy with W7, but...
  9. Clean install W10 on Surface Pro

Clean install W10 on Surface Pro: While clean installing W10 on Surface Pro, the following message was returned. Pressed Windows key but nothing happened. The bootable USB install drive was created by Media Creation Tool from MS. I also tried Recovery USB drive created from the Surface Pro machine but the...
  10. Is there a way to tell if PC was updated to W10 previously?

Is there a way to tell if PC was updated to W10 previously?: Hey there, I recently bought a second hand Lenovo x240 laptop that originally comes with a an OEM version of W8 Pro. The previous owner wiped the data and did a fresh installation of W8 Pro before selling it. I was wondering if there's any way to tell if the machine was...