Windows 10: I would like to have my laptop wake on USB

Discus and support I would like to have my laptop wake on USB in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The computer I have now will stay on when the top is closed, which is what I want. But when it goes to sleep I cannot wake it without lifting the top... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ironfist, Oct 13, 2017.

1. ironfist Win User

I would like to have my laptop wake on USB

The computer I have now will stay on when the top is closed, which is what I want. But when it goes to sleep I cannot wake it without lifting the top and pressing power. I use monitors and usb keyboard and I want to be able to activate the computer using it.

I have gone through power settings but there were no options to do this.

I went into keyboard settings and there was no tab with options to wake computer from usb even though other pages said it should be there.

There is a usb option in BIOS but it doesn't control this.

How do I do this?

:)

ironfist, Oct 13, 2017

2. Features I Would Like to Have

why not.

this is official nokia forum

they might be keeping eye on the posts

express yourself the way you want.

let your imagination take a high flight.

ashwinidubey, Oct 13, 2017
  3. Features I Would Like to Have

Hi Onig, Series 60 Feature Pack 1 (S60 FP1) already lets you set an alarm every day.

gordonshowers, Oct 13, 2017
  4. I would like to have my laptop wake on USB

Hi ironfist.

When you were in device manager and you right clicked on Keyboard, then properties, was there a power management tab?

Would you mind sharing device make model. I would like to look at BIOS if it is online.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Oct 13, 2017
  5. hawkman Win User
    Hi Ironfist,

for the USB's you want allow
    ie mouse/keyboard

Device manager >> mouse/keyboard >> properties >> power management
    check the Allow this to wake. box.

Roy

hawkman, Oct 13, 2017
  6. ironfist Win User
    Each option is there in device manager, and they are checked, but they do not work.

ironfist, Oct 13, 2017
  7. Make and model of computer please.

Caledon Ken, Oct 13, 2017
  8. I would like to have my laptop wake on USB

Please check model number. I key in K55 and I get a whole bunch of units but they all have at least one more digit.

Caledon Ken, Oct 15, 2017
  9. dalchina New Member
    Whether you can do that depends on your hardware. For example, the previous version of this model of laptop used to support wake from sleep with a keyboard button. This (later version) doesn't. It took the supplier a little time to work that out as they were used to it doing so.

To find out which devices potentially have the capability:

*Arrow See Devices able to Wake Computer in Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

Admin command prompt:
    powercfg /devicequery wake_from_any
    - list all that can wake your PC

powercfg /devicequery wake_programmable
    - list all that are user programmable

dalchina, Oct 15, 2017
  10. ironfist Win User
    I got:

Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Detection Driver (USB)
    Wireless Keyboard Filter Device
    HID-compliant consumer control device
    USB Audio
    HID-compliant mouse
    PCI-to-PCI Bridge
    ACPI Sleep Button
    USB Root Hub
    Generic USB Hub
    High Definition Audio Device
    USB Composite Device
    SAMSUNG Mobile USB Modem
    HID-compliant consumer control device (003)
    Microsoft Hardware USB Keyboard
    High Definition Audio Device (001)
    Intel(R) 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - 1E2D
    Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter
    HID-compliant consumer control device (005)
    HID-compliant vendor-defined device (001)
    Microsoft Hardware USB Mouse (002)
    Intel(R) 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - 1E26
    Generic USB Hub (001)
    Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 Wireless Network Adapter
    Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
    Realtek PCIE CardReader
    HID-compliant system controller (001)
    USB Root Hub (USB 3.0)
    USB Input Device (003)
    PCI-to-PCI Bridge (002)
    High Definition Audio Controller
    USB3 to UHD 55
    Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.0 (Microsoft)
    USB Root Hub (001)
    Intel(R) Management Engine Interface
    USB3 to UHD 55 (001)
    Wireless Device (002)

ironfist, Oct 15, 2017
  11. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Oct 15, 2017
  12. ironfist Win User
    I attempted to change it running it as an admin in DOS and I got "You do not have permission to enable or disable device wake."

ironfist, Oct 17, 2017
  13. dalchina New Member

I can't help you myself with that- I'd do what I'd suggest you do.. (see my signature)

I would like to have my laptop wake on USB [​IMG]

dalchina, Oct 17, 2017
  14. Gordon7 Win User
    @ironfist - all these settings have to be set, when using USB device to wake the PC from sleep:

First HID:

Then mouse & USB:

Power setting (Laptop):

That should do it.

Gordon7, Oct 19, 2017
  15. ironfist Win User
    I have every "allow this device to wake the computer" box checked that I can. Additionally, I have it set to do nothing when I close the lid when it is plugged in. I do not want it to stay awake if I close the lid while it is not plugged in. It does not wake from sleep when i use the mouse or keyboard. Mention if there is anything else I should try.

ironfist, Oct 22, 2017
Thema:

1. I would like to have my laptop wake on USB - Similar Threads - laptop wake USB

2. Hi, i would like to ask, i have my laptop and i linked it to my microsoft account then...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi, i would like to ask, i have my laptop and i linked it to my microsoft account then...: Hi, i would like to ask, i have my laptop and i linked it to my microsoft account then after that i unlink the device. Now i cant open my laptop, it says need to input bitlocker...
  3. Hi, i would like to ask, i have my laptop and i linked it to my microsoft account then...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi, i would like to ask, i have my laptop and i linked it to my microsoft account then...: Hi, i would like to ask, i have my laptop and i linked it to my microsoft account then after that i unlink the device. Now i cant open my laptop, it says need to input bitlocker...
  4. Hi, i would like to ask, i have my laptop and i linked it to my microsoft account then...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I would like to have sign in with fingerprint available after laptop wakes from sleep, but...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I would like to have sign in with fingerprint available after laptop wakes from sleep, but...: ie - Both fingerprint and regular password options should be there when windows wakes from sleep, but when I boot windows after having shutdown, only password sign-in should be available....
  6. [HELP] I would like to factory reset my LAPTOP

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    [HELP] I would like to factory reset my LAPTOP: I got bumped into this one video on YouTube which says that I should do before using a new laptop. It introduces me to Macrium Reflect. New laptop users should always save a snapshot of the factory-configured laptop (without windows updates) so you could always start fresh...
  7. would like to sell my laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    would like to sell my laptop: best way to set it on default? i've saved on external drive. thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/would-like-to-sell-my-laptop/c06506ed-2f37-49a6-b54a-251bdf2a17e6"
  8. I have android tv box, I would like to show on my surface laptop screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have android tv box, I would like to show on my surface laptop screen: what can I do to use laptop screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-android-tv-box-i-would-like-to-show-on-my/35332fc2-77ab-4803-8a18-c4e8794077a2
  9. I would like to have help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I would like to have help: not really sure if this is in right windows topic but correct my wrongs lets start off for the last few 2-3 days my cmd has been popping up saying Too many arguments in command line. The process tried to write to a nonexistent pipe. FINDSTR: Cannot open...
  10. I would like to have a definitive Answer, please.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I would like to have a definitive Answer, please.: Scenario: Computer A is upgraded from a genuine Win 7 or 8 to Windows 10. Activated and digital entitled. A bootable media is created. I change Computer A's motherboard to a new one but not the same make and model. I then use the same bootable media to reinstall Windows...