Windows 10: I would like to upgrade from Windows 7 to 10, what is the cost and how should I proceed

Discus and support I would like to upgrade from Windows 7 to 10, what is the cost and how should I proceed in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I would like to upgrade my Dell Laptop - Inspiron 17 5000 series - from Windows 7 to 10, how can this be accomplished?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by J. HALPHEN, Feb 27, 2024.

1. I would like to upgrade from Windows 7 to 10, what is the cost and how should I proceed

I would like to upgrade my Dell Laptop - Inspiron 17 5000 series - from Windows 7 to 10, how can this be accomplished?

:)

J. HALPHEN, Feb 27, 2024

2. Windows 7 Lover's Club: For Those Who Like Windows 7 As Opposed To Windows 8

Description:
    • For anyone who likes Windows 7 as opposed to Windows 8 and wants to keep Windows 7 and not upgrade to Windows 8.
    • Also for anyone who does not hate Windows 8 but refuses to upgrade because Windows 7 is perfect.
    Requirements:
    • Be human. Male or female will suffice.
    • Love or Like Windows 7 much more than Windows 8.
    To Join:
    • Make a post.
    Benefits:
    • You will find true love one day.
    • You have have a chance to get rich one day.
    • You will have a chance for your dreams to come true one day.

vawrvawerawe, Feb 27, 2024
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Feb 27, 2024
  4. I would like to upgrade from Windows 7 to 10, what is the cost and how should I proceed

Windows 10 upgrade rant..

The free space shouldn't prevent you from upgrading to built 1607. I manually upgraded my own laptop which had only 9gigs free space left on the system drive.

I unzipped the Windows 10 Pro anniversary edition ISO on my D drive, and started the upgrade process from there. At one point the installer complained about not having enough free space on the main drive, i just had to point it to the D drive to proceed to the next step. Now the rollback installation is stored there and doesn't clog up the C drive anymore.

In your case you could insert a large sdcard to act as the required rollback drive, i'm pretty sure it would do the trick.

Oh and by the way, if you want to further compress your System files:
    • do a search Command Prompt, right-click it, and select Run as administrator.
    • Type COMPACT.EXE /CompactOS:always and hit Enter.
    You'll will gain anything from 2 to 4 gigs free space after it's done.

blobster21, Feb 27, 2024
Thema:

I would like to upgrade from Windows 7 to 10, what is the cost and how should I proceed

1. I would like to upgrade from Windows 7 to 10, what is the cost and how should I proceed - Similar Threads - upgrade cost should

2. I would like to upgrade from Windows 7 to 10, what is the cost and how should I proceed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I would like to upgrade from Windows 7 to 10, what is the cost and how should I proceed: I would like to upgrade my Dell Laptop - Inspiron 17 5000 series - from Windows 7 to 10, how can this be accomplished? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-would-like-to-upgrade-from-windows-7-to-10-what/4a53ce64-8522-40ce-8909-9992b841de07
  3. I want to know how much it will cost to upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10

I want to know how much it will cost to upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10: Need cost information to upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10, would like to purchase and install on laptop computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-know-how-much-it-will-cost-to-upgrade/a630763e-097d-4b81-8241-22b269f12a87
  4. i upgraded from windows 7 to 10 on my old computer but i would like to go back to windows 7...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i upgraded from windows 7 to 10 on my old computer but i would like to go back to windows 7...: is there any way i could go back without buying windows 7 again? it's an all in one PC so i still have the product key on the sticker at the bottom...
  5. i upgraded from windows 7 to 10 on my old computer but i would like to go back to windows 7...

i upgraded from windows 7 to 10 on my old computer but i would like to go back to windows 7...: is there any way i could go back without buying windows 7 again? it's an all in one PC so i still have the product key on the sticker at the bottom...
  6. i upgraded from windows 7 to 10 on my old computer but i would like to go back to windows 7...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Should I upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Should I upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10?: I have not upgraded to Windows 10 since when it was first released and I was given the free download option. My computer (Alienware 14) came with Windows 7 Home Premium. I did not do a clean install when I installed Windows 10, and it felt slow and clunky. I hated it. I have...
  8. Windows 7 to Windows 10 upgrade cost

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 7 to Windows 10 upgrade cost: Hello, I have 9 Windows 7 machines that need to be upgraded to Windows 10. Please note that these 9 machines are all in MS Office 365. Since these are in Office 365, can I upgrade these without cost or do I need to purchase an upgrade? Thanks...
  9. Windows 10 upgrade from 7 - what license key should I use?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 upgrade from 7 - what license key should I use?: Hello, Last night up upgraded from Win7 Ultimate to Windows 10. Windows 10 shows activated, but I never received a Windows 10 "key". I saw another topic it was noted that you would use your current key for the OS you upgraded from. If I were to do a fresh install with an...
  10. What i would like A.S.A.P. in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    What i would like A.S.A.P. in Windows 10: hi guys, what would be nice is a split in the taskbar in the middle and you point your mouse to it and "voil " you have another screen. Better one has already the left corner attack (left or right mouse click), we could use the right corner for the Charms Bar as was....