Windows 10: iaStorAV.sys page fault in non paged area

Discus and support iaStorAV.sys page fault in non paged area in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Recently 'upgraded' to 10 from 7. System boots but then BSODs after a short period of time (a delayed service startup?) I suspect it is related... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JamesH, Feb 16, 2016.

1. JamesH Win User

iaStorAV.sys page fault in non paged area

Recently 'upgraded' to 10 from 7.

System boots but then BSODs after a short period of time (a delayed service startup?)

I suspect it is related to Intel Rapid Storage drivers or similar.

:)

JamesH, Feb 16, 2016
  2. DDugan37 Win User

Downloaded Windows 10, get Page Fault Error and my computer constantly restarts in an endless loop

Hey so I just tried to install windows 10, and it says your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart. Page fault in non paged area iastorav.sys , it then keeps restarting endlessly. Any suggestions?

DDugan37, Feb 16, 2016
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    BSOD: PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA

Hi,

Error code PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA can occur either be a software or hardware related issues. To help us isolate the issue, we suggest running the
    blue screen error troubleshooter as an initial troubleshooting step and see if it will work.

Get back to us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Anne Ros, Feb 16, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Get your system genuine activated before we can proceed.
    Code: LicensingStatus>SL_LICENSING_STATUS_UNLICENSED</LicensingStatus>[/quote]

5. JamesH Win User
    Hmmm. Gonna have to Google that. This is an upgrade from a legitimate install from win7, bought on disc, with original product key.

edit:

I guess I don't understand... something must be wrong here.

Microsoft says the following:
    If you upgraded to Windows 10 for free from an eligible device running a genuine copy of Windows 7 or Windows 8.1,Windows 10 will automatically be activated online and create a digital entitlement for your device.
    If your current version of Windows isn’t activated, you’ll need to enter a product key to activate it before you can upgrade toWindows 10.

If that is a post-install process perhaps it isn't able to before the bsod pops up... the bsod seems to happen when the delayed process of the Intel RST would normally start. I have two pairs of RAID, one accelerated with on-motherboard SSD. Motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3.

2nd edit: some further googling I'm now certain this is related to the Intel RST, and am following the rabbit hole at the Intel support forum. Will try to remember to report back here with an update, thanks. I'll solve the activation issue after the bsods are gone.

JamesH, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. iaStorAV.sys page fault in non paged area - Similar Threads - iaStorAV sys page

2. Page Fault in non paged area

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Page Fault in non paged area: Started 2 weeks ago whenever a wordpad doc was opened. Pre-display was ok but opening gave Blue Screen.Now having same failure whenever I try to change cell format in any LibreOffice spreadsheet. Have done a system restore back 2 weeks but still fails....
  3. Page Fault in non paged area

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Page Fault in non paged area: Started 2 weeks ago whenever a wordpad doc was opened. Pre-display was ok but opening gave Blue Screen.Now having same failure whenever I try to change cell format in any LibreOffice spreadsheet. Have done a system restore back 2 weeks but still fails....
  4. Wdf01000.sys page fault in non paged area

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wdf01000.sys page fault in non paged area: after downloading something it was a virus so it gave me a blue screen and now everytime I open my computer it says we ran into a problem page fault in non paged area caused by wdf01000 pls help:...
  5. Wdf01000.sys page fault in non paged area

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wdf01000.sys page fault in non paged area: after downloading something it was a virus so it gave me a blue screen and now everytime I open my computer it says we ran into a problem page fault in non paged area caused by wdf01000 pls help:...
  6. Wdf01000.sys page fault in non paged area

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. page fault in non paged area

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    page fault in non paged area: so, for a while now, like 2/3 months i have been getting the blue screen with PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA, without any other info. i tried to read the dump file but i cant understand almost nothing. whatever it is i know it might has to do with ene.sys i really dont want...
  8. Wdf01000.sys page fault in non paged area

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wdf01000.sys page fault in non paged area: After reseting network adopter & pc. Blue screen appear, no error found under /scan now. Many drivers show errors including network adopters. I cant update network adopters, bar goes in a loop forever. I cleaned installed windows on a new ssd beggining of agaust, almost...
  9. Page Fault in Non Paged Area Error Netwtw06.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Page Fault in Non Paged Area Error Netwtw06.sys: This message has been appearing on my computer for quite a while now, and I don't know what the problem is. This only happens at my home, and after it just restarts my computer and everything is fine again until the blue screen pops up and does it all over again. It's really...
  10. STOPCODE: PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA: Netwtw06.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    STOPCODE: PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA: Netwtw06.sys: Split from this thread. removed - not relevant to issue My ASUS Q504UAK Q504UA-BHI5T13 build on 04/2017 suffering from STOPCODE: PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA: Netwtw06.sys. This started on Wednesday March 25, 2020. Access to the internet is not working at all. I have it...